Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Colosseum matching still garbage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colosseum matching still garbage

Reall? "We will arrange similar-tier opponents for you" means putting my lvl 500-something on a team w/ 2 lvl 40s, a lvl 900, and 1 lvl 1000 while having to face 4 lvl 1000s and a lvl 2000?!?!? What a load of crap...
    Last edited by Diophilous; 06-11-2020, 06:08 PM.

It will be this way till the big guns rank up and disappear from your target tier.
    Give it a week or two.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Fadasmax View Post
      It will be this way till the big guns rank up and disappear from your target tier.
      Give it a week or two.
      Last season it was the way I stated all season long. I never gained a single star because putting lvl 500s up against lvl 1000+ is just f*@ck!ng asinine. I'm sure this season won't be any different.

Here is how to play in Colosseum for low lvl players:
      1) Enter random team
      2) Wait to join
      3) Use 1 coin so you get your 90 points
      4) Go do something useful while you wait for the other team full of enemies you'll never be able to touch to finish sodomizing your team.
      5) Rinse & Repeat
      Last edited by Diophilous; 06-12-2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

You're absolutely right about that.
        Only way for low levels to somewhat rank up is join a team of a much higher level active toon and benefit from his progress.
        Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Fadasmax View Post
          Only way for low levels to somewhat rank up is join a team of a much higher level active toon and benefit from his progress.
          Getting luck like a blind squirrel doesn't make up for the fact that the devs think it's either fair or, most likely, just funny, to put lvl 500s up against a whole team of 1000+.

As to "joining a team" - high lvl players aren't going to want to purposely handicap their teams with low lvl players so low lvl players can ONLY join random teams which, in my experience, is a death sentence. And who in their right mind wants to make a team of a bunch of players under lvl 1000?!? They'll just end up as easy wins against teams of unicorns that win in about 23.7 seconds.

Obviously, Colosseum is just a giant sop to the PtPers.

Comment

That's the issue with the ranks being so hard to grind. I've already reported this to the devs last season, and they did change a few things, but definitely not enough.

The first ranks should be much easier to climb so stronger players would leave them quickly and lower level players could get better matches.

Ofc another solution would be to create a "junior Colosseum" like a junior Arena exists, but I'm not sure that would be the best solution. Or there should be better rewards for the main Colosseum then, otherwise it wouldn't really be fair IMO.
            An issue with this would be: what's the level cutoff? There are some players at level 1000 which are extremely weak, and some other that are quite strong already. Same at lower levels, and pretty much at all levels basically.
            So what other factor could we use to determine who goes to which Colosseum version?
            I find it better that everyone goes to the same Colosseum, but it should be made much easier/quicker for all players to naturally reach a rank where they'll start fighting against only players of similar strength.
            Last edited by gogoo; 06-13-2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Level is very misleading. I can beat Kroki and I’m more than 10k below him for example.

The good news about colo is that you don’t lose points in Bronze (maybe Silver too) so just out of random luck you’ll be placed on teams that win and eventually move up.

Comment

Plus
                -Big improvement to not lose a star when you lose a battle.

Negative
                - less than level 500 participants. Automatically do the C by Level, not current tier.

Improvements -

1. - Switch from Tier to Level - Upon joining, the computer automatically assesses your game level and places you in the appropriate Colosseum based on the breakdown of the following level tiers:

- Level 0 - 1000 - Newbie
                - Level 1001 - 1999 - Apprentice
                - Level 2000 - 2999 - Journeyman
                - Level 3000 - 3999 - Tradesman
                - Level 4000 - 4999 - Master
                - Level 5000 - 7499 - Lord
                - Level 7500 plus - Ruler

Should have no more complaints with the mismatches in levels as it would no longer be a tier based system. People who are tagging now will have to fight to earn their stars. Should increase participation. Would also break many of the current teams and force players to team up with players their own level and not "carry" low level taggers.

2. Players must participate after tagging one battle, meaning, if they do not participate, except to join the battle, they will have to attack at least once during their next battle, or forfeit a star. It should be an entire Tier, but that might be too harsh and cause players to quit. It would clean up taggers.
                Meristolis, Keeper of Lore

Comment

Originally posted by meristolis View Post
                  Improvements -

1. - Switch from Tier to Level - Upon joining, the computer automatically assesses your game level and places you in the appropriate Colosseum based on the breakdown of the following level tiers:

- Level 0 - 1000 - Newbie
                  - Level 1001 - 1999 - Apprentice
                  - Level 2000 - 2999 - Journeyman
                  - Level 3000 - 3999 - Tradesman
                  - Level 4000 - 4999 - Master
                  - Level 5000 - 7499 - Lord
                  - Level 7500 plus - Ruler
                  We've already established that level is a bad way to separate players.

I can beat level 10k+ at level 1.5k (and I'm not even a PvP build). There are also many level 2k stronger than level 4k+. Etc, etc, etc.

Furthermore, separating players like this would mean longer queue times, and for the higher levels, they probably wouldn't even be able to find matches. Btw there are not even 10 players at level 7.5k+, so even if they all played Colo at the same time they wouldn't be enough to make 2 teams to fight.
                  Last edited by gogoo; 06-14-2020, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gogoo View Post

We've already established that level is a bad way to separate players.

I can beat level 10k+ at level 1.5k (and I'm not even a PvP build). There are also many level 2k stronger than level 4k+. Etc, etc, etc.

Furthermore, separating players like this would mean longer queue times, and for the higher levels, they probably wouldn't even be able to find matches. Btw there are not even 10 players at level 7.5k+, so even if they all played Colo at the same time they wouldn't be enough to make 2 teams to fight.
                    It doesn't matter that you can beat a player much higher than you. Again, it doesn't matter. You will simply be ranked Number 1 in your Colo and receive the appropriate prizes. Simple, easy, no fuss, no muss. You mention the limited number of higher ranking players. Again, simply make it level 3500 +, or 3000+ for the highest level tier. Easy, simple, and would eliminate all the Colo crap going on which makes it unenjoyable., . . .

Comment

It doesn't matter that you can beat a player much higher than you. Again, it doesn't matter. You will simply be ranked Number 1 in your Colo and receive the appropriate prizes.
                      I don't understand your logic here.

There are much stronger players than me at my level btw. It's just that the level 10k is extremely weak compared to his level.
                      And I'm sure many strong players at lower levels want to show their strength and be matched against players of higher levels that they can beat.

IMO making Colosseum based on levels would be a mistake.
                      Or maybe making a "very low level" tier for players with level <300 or smth, to avoid all low level bots. And maybe a 2nd tier for players with level <1000 e.g. And all players above that together. But 2 issues: how do you determine the level cutoff (why level 1000?), and the lower tier should receive smaller rewards.

IMO what I'm talking about in my previous post still stands: everyone in the same Colosseum, allow much stronger players to climb the first ranks much more easily so weaker players can fight against each other almost exclusively after a week or so.

Honestly it should be relatively easy. In the first few days/weeks there's tons of players in Bronze. So they could adjust the matchmaking system during the first few weeks to make it so Bronze III only fights Bronze III, Bronze II fights Bronze II or III, Bronze I fights Bronze I or II. Then Silver III fights Silver III or Bronze I, etc.
                      Or something along those lines. It should make the first few weeks of Colo much better for everyone.

Comment

The logic is quite simple, for the life of me, I do not understand why you fail to see how much BETTER the C would be. I said nothing about diminished rewards.Ah well, preaching to the choir again.

Comment

The logic is quite simple, for the life of me, I do not understand why you fail to see how much BETTER the C would be. I said nothing about diminished rewards.Ah well, preaching to the choir again.
                          Because I don't think it would be better. It's a Colosseum. You should be able to face anyone and show your strength, and let the better player win.

There are other ways to make this feature enjoyable to everyone without using arbitrary level cutoffs, especially since level is relatively meaningless in CA nowadays.

And I know you didn't say anything about diminished rewards, I did. Because if ever the devs made Colosseum tiers based on level cutoffs, IMO the higher tiers should be eligible for better rewards. Otherwise what's the point of getting stronger, what's the point of leveling, what's the point of spending on the game?
                          But then again, I don't think the level cutoffs thing would be a good thing anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by gogoo View Post

Because I don't think it would be better. It's a Colosseum. You should be able to face anyone and show your strength, and let the better player win.

There are other ways to make this feature enjoyable to everyone without using arbitrary level cutoffs, especially since level is relatively meaningless in CA nowadays.

And I know you didn't say anything about diminished rewards, I did. Because if ever the devs made Colosseum tiers based on level cutoffs, IMO the higher tiers should be eligible for better rewards. Otherwise what's the point of getting stronger, what's the point of leveling, what's the point of spending on the game?
                            But then again, I don't think the level cutoffs thing would be a good thing anyway.
                            so in other words.....let the pay to play player win??...ya...that's right....spend to win should be the message here

Comment

Originally posted by RABID View Post

so in other words.....let the pay to play player win??...ya...that's right....spend to win should be the message here
                              Most of the players at the top have spent tens of thousands or most likely hundreds of thousands of $ to reach those levels with a BSI build with smth like 1000 stam and 2000 energy.

They'll always be infinitely stronger than me and I'm completely fine with that. More than that - it's normal that it works that way. Otherwise there would be no point in spending, and the game wouldn't even exist to begin with, because they have to make money somehow.

I'm still having fun with my account and I don't need to spend anything. I'm grateful for that. I'm OK with not getting the top rewards of every event.

But if someone level 300 could get the top rewards even though he's 100x weaker than I am, simply because he's in a low Colosseum tier, while I can just reach Gold, I wouldn't find it fair.

Comment

Working...
                              X