Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age > Game Help & Strategies

Old 11-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Castle Age Scribe

Default Castle Age Analysis Spreadsheet - by Pegasus

Hi all,

instead of posting a new topic everytime a new version is released, I will now stick only to this 1 thread. All updates, versions information will be posted here and bump when there is a new released. Additionally, you can go to the below group for any new updates. My spreadsheet are released by Versions.

"Facebook Group: Castle Age Analysis Spreadsheet"

The spreadsheet is created with the idea as an all around spreadsheet you only need in castle age. It does a ton of calculation and helps you ease calculations in quite a number of stuffs for Castle Age. Due to the above mentioned, the file size is 904kb+ now so if you want to use the spreadsheet, you will need to scroll down for the download link.
--------------------------------------------------------------

The LATEST version released now is Version 1.8.131209

--------------------------------------------------------------

How to read the version?
My version starts from 1.0. Every released with at least 1 new feature will be upgraded by 0.1
If the released was only updates and correction of errors on existing version, the date when I start to work on the correction will be input at the back.
Eg. If version 1.0 was updated with only more loot info or correction of errors on 10 Nov 09, The new release version will read Version 1.0.101109
Date will always be in DD/MM/YY order.

Spreadsheet Features

Instructions - A tab with Instructions on how to use the spreadsheet.

Dashboard - The first tab you need to fill up in order for the spreadsheet to function properly. Opponent information can be filled in here too if you want some analysis on them. Quest xp/energy ratio and gold/energy ratio is located here too. You will need to choose which quest is unlock so that the calculation will take place.

Land - Automatic Calculation on which land to buy next and the amount to buy based on Return on Investment (ROI) if you are going to spend X amount of Gold now. One of the most visited tab if you use this spreadsheet

Combat Analysis - a listing of all your items. It tells you which unit is wasting your upkeep and not use in combat at all(auto highlight in light red). Other information like how many are use in atk/def, how many in total, the combat points they gives are avail for viewing.

Duel Analysis - Auto picks your best items that will be used in duel when attacking or defending. A table to equip your opponent with his gears to know his total atk and def values. Tells you which items are Game BEST for atk/def currently.

Army Optimizer *Beta & New* - Newly introduced in Version 1.7. It tells you which are the Game Best atk/def units, which are your best atk/def units when Invading. It also have an Optimized Button which helps you calculates how many of which units you can purchase to maximize your atk/def.

Epics Analysis*Beta & New* - Newly Introduced in Version 1.8. It tells you an estimated possibility if the respective target can be killed with the time remaining. This gives you a rough idea if you should engage and take part in the Hunt or to ignore and source for better more worthwhile Epics.

Summary - Gives a summary of your statistic. Upkeep % of income, your atk strength, your defend strength. Opponent atk/def analysis

Version Information - Includes all information on all the version released

Version 1.0
Initial Version - Many missing items and some errors

Version 1.1
Updated most of the database up to date. Working Condition
Land Tab introduced

Version 1.2
Updated with rearrangment cells for dashboard - Data will not be mess if its cut and inserted
Duel Analysis added

Version 1.3
Macro Enable to copy land updates to Dashboard
Only usable with 2007 office

Version 1.4
Fixed Land Calculator Issues
Introduced Duel tab

Version 1.5
Improvement on the Land Calculator - Detail instruction at the "Instructions Tab"
Added in New updates to database - New hero, gaunlets
Made Dashboard list easier to find. Ctrl+F can be used now
Restructred the Dashboard to make inputs of data easier.
Add in Macro buttons to navigate faster
Major reconstruction of the Combat Tab to correctly reflect the amount and items used.
Reformulated Duel Tab to pick the more likely choice of items to combat.

Version 1.6
Fixed up Duel Tab - added new feature with drop list
Added a New Summary Tab - more information is interpreted for the Combat Analysis Tab
Added Quest Section to Dashboard
Added Opponent section to dashboard
Added New Feature - Opponent Analysis under Summary Tab
Due to the shortkey constraint, taken away a few Macros.

Version 1.6.151109
Corrected formulas in the choosing of items used in combat/duel - Thanks to karthikkrishna for pointing the formula out
Corrected some cells reference of combat tab - Thanks to Hels for pointing that out
Done minor touch up to appearance on Summary Tab

Version 1.7
Army Optimization Tab Introduced *Beta*
Sword of redemption reclass from Weapon to shield - thx Traghan for pointing this out
Corrected Malestrom to Maelstrom - Thx Traghan for pointing this out
Quest updated from Wikis as listed in Instructions
Illusia's Bauble confirmed on both Wikis site that it is a Shield
Sylvanas, the Sorceress Queen - loot added

Version 1.8
Introduced Epics Analysis Tab
Enchance Land Calculator
Fixed Cell reference on Army Optimization tab - Your Best Invade atk/def
Added loot - Enchanted Lantern

Version 1.8.291109
Added loot - Poseidon's Horn, Shadowmoon
Illusia's Bubble reclass to Amulet
Battle Rank Moved to Dashboard with drop down list

Version 1.8.101209
Quick fixed to land calculator and Enchanted Lantern

Version 1.8.121209
Amended method of choosing for Land ROI - Thx Jason Weiss for identifiying it
Enchance Land Tab so that you do not need to rekey left over Gold for the calculator to reformulate which is the next best land.
Simply just use the Macro and it will refresh automatically
*Work in Process* - Generals abilities, New Serpent Combat information, New loot
The spreadsheet is outdated in its data for now as there are many new features implmented recently. Although you can still use the information of the spreadsheet as a rough guide.

Version 1.8.131209*NEW*LATEST*
Fix the left over gold Macro, now it will correctly display the left over amount and update accordingly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

[SIZE="2"]Requirement: MS Office 2007. Macro Enabled
MS Office 2007 Free 60 days Trial d/l link: http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/d...?culture=en-US

Version 1.8.131209
Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kz1dndzjw20[/SIZE]

How to enable Macro

Step 1

Step 2

Hope you will like what I had done. Feel free to post any errors, feedbacks, comments, like/dislike, encouragement etc... in relation to the Spreadsheet.

I will try to improve it but there is also only that much knowledge I have and can do.

Cheers and Enjoy! ^^

Last edited by xi0ng; 12-13-2009 at 10:12 AM. Reason: update Version
Old 11-21-2009, 01:31 AM
Castle Age Sage

Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work and let you know that it works with Open Office but I don't know a thing about macros so dunno if they can be converted to work or even how to enable em. I just manually enter.

Just started entering on the 1.7 version and so far a couple minor things. I put in all the land that I own and in locations C7, C9, J6, J18, and N19 it just has ###.

In the gear section you don't have Sylvanas' enchanted lantern as an option to input. It's a 2att 12def item though I've no clue what category.

On the army optimizer I put in my battle rank and it says all the unlockable purchasable things are open to me, which isn't accurate. Currently can only buy gladiator swords and valor knights. As such it's suggesting I buy things that I don't have the option to buy as yet.

On the Duel Analysis blocks B3 and G3 say #NAME?. Blocks C3, D3, H3, I3, C11, D11, H11, I11, C13, D13, H13, and I13 all say ###

Last edited by Xavain; 11-21-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:18 AM
Castle Age Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavain View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work and let you know that it works with Open Office but I don't know a thing about macros so dunno if they can be converted to work or even how to enable em. I just manually enter. -I will try out open office to see if it works. When you first open Excel, there will be a tab. Clicked "Enable this content" to enabled macro. Once enabled, you only click buttons for the macro to works =)

Just started entering on the 1.7 version and so far a couple minor things. I put in all the land that I own and in locations C7, C9, J6, J18, and N19 it just has ###. -Did you open it in MS Office 2007 or with Open Office? All the column you listed in land are not for inputting anything. The only place you need to fill in are the Yellow box.

In the gear section you don't have Sylvanas' enchanted lantern as an option to input. It's a 2att 12def item though I've no clue what category. - I will update as soon as I know its cat. ^^

On the army optimizer I put in my battle rank and it says all the unlockable purchasable things are open to me, which isn't accurate. Currently can only buy gladiator swords and valor knights. As such it's suggesting I buy things that I don't have the option to buy as yet. -Can you help provide me more details? which row/column is suggesting the wrong items? What is your battle rank inputted and the error appear?

On the Duel Analysis blocks B3 and G3 say #NAME?. Blocks C3, D3, H3, I3, C11, D11, H11, I11, C13, D13, H13, and I13 all say ### -The worksheet appears fine on my screen. Is the dashboard filled?
Thank you for your feedback, I will go and double check the cells once more. Is anyone having the same problem, can you help to give me more details so that the errors can be solved. Its been downloaded 105 times now. (around 14hrs since I uploaded it)

Screenies below on how to enable the Macro

Step 1

Step 2
Old 11-21-2009, 03:39 AM
Castle Age Sage

-I will try out open office to see if it works. When you first open Excel, there will be a tab. Clicked "Enable this content" to enabled macro. Once enabled, you only click buttons for the macro to works =)

Opened with openoffice.org, I don't have MS office or excel.

-Did you open it in MS Office 2007 or with Open Office? All the column you listed in land are not for inputting anything. The only place you need to fill in are the Yellow box.

What I meant was when I filled in the yellow squares with the number I own, those squares I listed out just showed ###. I didn't try to fill in the listed squares that's just what came up after I filled in the yellow ones.

-Can you help provide me more details? which row/column is suggesting the wrong items? What is your battle rank inputted and the error appear?

There is no error code, it's just giving wrong info. My BR is 6,853 and it's saying that valor knight, archangel, gladiator sword, commanders plate, champions aura, and royal seal are all unlocked and available for me to purchase and because of that it's telling me to buy those. With that BR that's not true, I don't have the option of purchasing above valor knight and gladiator sword.

-The worksheet appears fine on my screen. Is the dashboard filled?

Yes, I filled in all the generals I own. Well, put a 1 in the yellow box of the ones I own. In fact on the combat analysis page it recognizes what I input on the dashboard. The duel page doesn't seem to translate it though.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:14 AM
Castle Age Scribe

Quote:
-I will try out open office to see if it works. When you first open Excel, there will be a tab. Clicked "Enable this content" to enabled macro. Once enabled, you only click buttons for the macro to works =)

Opened with openoffice.org, I don't have MS office or excel.

-Did you open it in MS Office 2007 or with Open Office? All the column you listed in land are not for inputting anything. The only place you need to fill in are the Yellow box.

What I meant was when I filled in the yellow squares with the number I own, those squares I listed out just showed ###. I didn't try to fill in the listed squares that's just what came up after I filled in the yellow ones.

-Can you help provide me more details? which row/column is suggesting the wrong items? What is your battle rank inputted and the error appear?

There is no error code, it's just giving wrong info. My BR is 6,853 and it's saying that valor knight, archangel, gladiator sword, commanders plate, champions aura, and royal seal are all unlocked and available for me to purchase and because of that it's telling me to buy those. With that BR that's not true, I don't have the option of purchasing above valor knight and gladiator sword.

-The worksheet appears fine on my screen. Is the dashboard filled?

Yes, I filled in all the generals I own. Well, put a 1 in the yellow box of the ones I own. In fact on the combat analysis page it recognizes what I input on the dashboard. The duel page doesn't seem to translate it though.
I just tested with Open Office 3.1, It do not support the spreadsheet function. That is why the cells are not displaying properly. It opens and display fine when I use Ms Office 2007 Excel to open.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:21 AM
Castle Age Sage

Ahh, well the ROI for land works so that's good at least.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:25 AM
Castle Age Royalty

The shield position is now called offhand.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:04 AM
Castle Age Scribe

Please see reply in red =)

Quote:
Ahh, well the ROI for land works so that's good at least. -here is a temp fix for you =) MS Office free 60 day trial http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/d...?culture=en-US
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegawulph View Post
The shield position is now called offhand. -lol, they change so often! COmmanders Plate is called Commander's Battle Plate now too -.-!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:32 AM
Hope E

I love the new version. It makes me
Thanks for all the hardwork!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Castle Age Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope E View Post
I love the new version. It makes me
Thanks for all the hardwork!!!
No problem, am happy you love the new version ^^