Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age > General Discussion

Old 05-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Default Hero level 50: Impact on the game

I have realized that the hero level 50 changes a lot.

The abilities go up to level 50 and the stats too. To increase a general to level 50 going to cost a lot of ressources and time. This has a huge impact in other areas too:

To roll chests and/or obtain new generals.
Now to roll chests to obtain the generals makes no sense at all, since you minimum going to need 46 Hero cystals to increase one general to his maximum of his ability (and the maximum you have in mind)... combined with a lot other ressources and i am 100% positive that the costs in higher hero levels going to be immense.
Probably you going to need far beyond over one year of playing to increase one general to his maximum.

Now in my opinion it makes more sense to concentrate only on a few generals and skip everything else, or to safe up all your crystals for generals you like and obtain them.

Example:

If you managed to bring up Kang to level 50, and Dolomar to level 50 and Lotus to level 50... (to do all that would cost a LOT time) would you aim to obtain another general who increases critical hit by 6% too and would be better by 1% than Dolomar?

What do you think? Is your behavior going to change?
Old 05-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Castle Age Royalty

It might have some meaning if the generals I actively use provided some additional benefit past level 4...

Leveling might be faster with potions, as yet not released? Depending upon the drop rate, leveling might not be as bad as expected, especially if the potions give a percentage increase and not a flat amount.

Last edited by Iswald; 05-10-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Even as a non-spender one thing stands out - very conveniently, General Alliance suddenly exists, where even if they have just outdated your crit general, the old level 50 general is still fully useful.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Castle Age Royalty

If I'm still playing this game long enough to get a general to level 50, someone shoot me in the head please
Old 05-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Castle Age Scribe

I'll just keep putting crystals on Maalvus until a) they run out b) I stop getting extra critical hit chance. I don't think I have any other generals where it's worth levelling them up so high... certainly won't be changing my priorities due to this change
Old 05-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Castle Age Royalty

I should probably have added, if you've somehow managed to get -3- generals all the way to 50 and ready to swap one out, relatively speaking powering up general #4 will be less of a problem.

I wouldn't be surprised if they later expanded for quaternary alliances, either.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestus1 View Post
I'll just keep putting crystals on Maalvus until a) they run out b) I stop getting extra critical hit chance. I don't think I have any other generals where it's worth levelling them up so high... certainly won't be changing my priorities due to this change
Sano is also on the short list of worth getting up to 50. Technically, so is any war council general you may have.

You exist because I allow it. And you will end because I demand it.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Sano used to be on my short list until they made it so you instantly lose all beyond cap energy when switching generals... Now I think it'll either be Dolomar or Eternal Alystra that I'll get to 50 first.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Devs, any hint that Halcyon is gonna get some percentage upgrade along the way?
Old 05-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Castle Age Royalty

I still don't see crystals, of any color, making much of a difference. Leveling a hero up doesn't seem to make much difference in the scheme of things. LoE isn't any more attractive now as I still don't need even more essence that I can't trade for a chance that I might get a crystal that is mostly meaningless.