Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age - Facebook > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasj8 View Post
Just completed the Gabrielle alliance, and it says it gives... THE SAME THING AS BEFORE Owning Gabrielle and Deinira already gave +30 damage when using Gabby, and with the linkage to Deinira complete it gives +30

Edit - Helen says it actually works for +40, and this is a display error
It's not even a display error.. It's a bit more obscure, going down as failure to communicate clearly.

I don't have Gabi, but Zurran/Alexandra is the same: Zurran gives +8 bonus to Mage splash damage but has Alexandra in the equipment with additional +2. Whereever you can read Zurran's mage splash damage bonus, it says +8. Never ever does it include equipment bonus of +2 from Alexandra. When you link Alexandra to Zurran, you do get +2 from the link, and now Zurran's bonus reads as +10. Which still doesn't include the +2 equipment bonus from Alexandra. When you hit, then sure: Zurran does 22 mage splash.

So, Gabi. What Gabi has is +20 guild battle damage bonus. Probably reads in tooltips and whatever as such. You get +10 from having Deianira, but that being equipment bonus means it's not added to the tooltips or texts, while it still does take effect as it should. Now, linking adds half of Deianira's damage bonus, resulting in +30 damage total. Not including equipment bonus of +10 from having Deianira.

I hope this clarifies the issue a bit. I also hope Padaxan manages to work out how it really should be displayed where

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ
Old 03-02-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandal View Post
It's not even a display error.. It's a bit more obscure, going down as failure to communicate clearly.

I don't have Gabi, but Zurran/Alexandra is the same: Zurran gives +8 bonus to Mage splash damage but has Alexandra in the equipment with additional +2. Whereever you can read Zurran's mage splash damage bonus, it says +8. Never ever does it include equipment bonus of +2 from Alexandra. When you link Alexandra to Zurran, you do get +2 from the link, and now Zurran's bonus reads as +10. Which still doesn't include the +2 equipment bonus from Alexandra. When you hit, then sure: Zurran does 22 mage splash.

So, Gabi. What Gabi has is +20 guild battle damage bonus. Probably reads in tooltips and whatever as such. You get +10 from having Deianira, but that being equipment bonus means it's not added to the tooltips or texts, while it still does take effect as it should. Now, linking adds half of Deianira's damage bonus, resulting in +30 damage total. Not including equipment bonus of +10 from having Deianira.

I hope this clarifies the issue a bit. I also hope Padaxan manages to work out how it really should be displayed where
For illustration purposes:
Old 03-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Location: as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death of Rats View Post
For illustration purposes:
You just wanted to brag that you haz her
Old 03-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zserg View Post
You just wanted to brag that you haz her
And as you can see, she hasn't even bothered linking Deianira to Gabi yet

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ
Old 03-02-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
And as you can see, she hasn't even bothered linking Deianira to Gabi yet
They are linked technically, I just haven't gained the XP to solidify it yet.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:51 AM
Castle Age Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker of Truth View Post
quit your whining, monthly generals were always lvl limited and I've played the game for more than 3 yrs. Lvl up your account and stop trying to be some annoying lvl 150 PVP twit with a 13 BSI. Anyone with a decent hybrid can make lvl 350-400 within a yr of play. And if you complete PVP build what need you have of generals like Sorkan when you got 50 stam to work with......enjoy those green dragons dude lol
I am L411 and Generals have not always been level locked. This is a fairly recent feature of the game. For someone who has been playing for 3 years I would think you would know that by now. As for the 'green dragons'...didn't know they were in the game still. Let me how those are for you...I have not needed to fight a Dragon in years
Old 03-03-2013, 04:17 AM
Supreme Chancellor

Quote:

As I stated elsewhere, being able to see only what the general alliances are conferring has it's advantages.

The people who buff Daeinara and Zurran simply by owning them, have nothing to do with the feature specifically (general alliance). They exists entirely outside the scope of general alliance, in so far as what linked generals confer to the primary.

The Devs simply can add another blurb in the power breakdown to show it, but it has nothing to do with primary generals being linked, specifically.

The problem, is more about the "equipment as generals" thing and not general alliance, but I am sure we can add the blurbs in.

The devs need to iron out that kink of these "owned = buff" so that the guys they buff have their primary abilities shown correctly, before the "linked" math starts to happen.

We only make peace with our enemies, my lord. That's why it's called "making peace".
Old 03-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padaxan View Post
As I stated elsewhere, being able to see only what the general alliances are conferring has it's advantages.
I agree. The question is rather, where should the total for the general be displayed? I would guess many players expect to see total, all things included, somewhere. Probably when they select general (ie. in ability description on General Select page http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/generals.php ).

Maybe expand that section, provide breakdown in tooltip, or something (and that "or something" probably is your job as UI director )

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ
Old 03-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Supreme Chancellor

Quote:
I agree. The question is rather, where should the total for the general be displayed? I would guess many players expect to see total, all things included, somewhere. Probably when they select general (ie. in ability description on General Select page http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/generals.php ).

Maybe expand that section, provide breakdown in tooltip, or something (and that "or something" probably is your job as UI director )
Yea it's a pending fix in the pipeline.

We only make peace with our enemies, my lord. That's why it's called "making peace".
Old 03-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:

If you want somewhere to display the "total" effect including item bonus, u would need to show in that place ALL existing item bonus for ALL generals, like Kaiser needs to show the extra 1% crit from item. This would become complicated as not all general item bonus reward in the same direction as the general's primary abilities - for example, you need to show in that "somewhere" Adriana get +2% crit chance from her item, while her primary ability has nothing to do with crit chance. Going that direction, you need to show Meph gets +11 stamina from his items...and so on. That will be a mess.....

Tags
bring back nee, nee is hot