Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Castle Age Scholar

Something else to note. All non-conquest PvP items are incredibly underpowered, the High King's Crown is worse than the Malekus Gift helm and I have about 500 of those, a complete revamp on some of the Battle/War/Festival Duel rewards would be nice. (Whether they get stat increases, new abilities or just completely replaced, a new general at the top ranks like Kraxus in Festival Duels would be cool and really give something that players would fight for)

Last edited by ocelot60; 03-02-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot60 View Post
Something else to note. All non-conquest PvP items are incredibly underpowered, the High King's Crown is worse than the Malekus Gift helm and I have about 500 of those, a complete revamp on some of the Battle/War/Festival Duel rewards would be nice. (Whether they get stat increases, new abilities or just completely replaced, a new general at the top ranks like Kraxus in Festival Duels would be cool and really give something that players would fight for)
I have proposed alchemy recipes to combine duel rank & war rank items into more powerful ones. As an example of how they could be boosted by simply requiring activity in multiple areas of old pvp ladders.

I don't so much believe changing old rewards would be good. I believe introducing ways to make them useful would be good. Archives are very nice example: how about adding a battle archive where sets consist of High King Crown and Orc Chieftain or similar combinations of multiple old pvp rewards?
Still, we used to have Holy Avenger -> Excalibur -> Soulforge alchemy, a multiple tiered one where old item is boosted so it's BIS and then again becomes BIS (no, it's no longer that, it was when first storyarc reached the end). Why not provide upgrade paths for old pvp gear as well?

OK, something really cool: alchemize High King's Crown to a slotted crown? Other components again pvp rank rewards?

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ
Old 03-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Location: as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padaxan View Post
The new trend is easily expandable content our end, so we do NOT end up stagnating on features.

Item Archives/Alliances/emporium/hero crystals rewards ect.. are all quite expandable and designed to be so in the back end as well.

Conquest LoM/LoE has been a beast naturally, but we have not stopped development since it was released. Keep in mind all these things also have to port over to iOS.

Despite the mongering, none of the big stuff is intentionally left to rot, it just takes us longer to do than you guys want.

Yes, this even includes the crystal system.

I'd like to shoot it all out finished as well, but it's going as well as it can. Next few weeks you will see us working on existing content rather than new features. I am doing my best to keep the tourney system alive still, as well.
You mentioned the tourney because you know that's my #1 most wanted feature right? Curse you and your tricky ways paddy

Ok, I will wait to see what happens next
Old 03-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Castle Age Sage

I don't see anything wrong in the development of this FREE game. The only think I think should be changed is to remove the Level Lock on the Oracle Generals. Someone in my Guild plays as a Mage and has most of the Mage items already, but because of the Level Locks, she is unable to get the Mage General she would like. That does not make much sense to me. Guild generals should be available to all with out having to achieve a certain level to get them. And it seems silly to Level Lock any Oracle General...if I want to pay $5 (buy 30FPs) for a general to make playing this game more enjoyable to me and keep me coming back for more, why would you deny me that, and you the money. Hell, you got $5 out of me to buy a Guild General in HoD that made me play that game a few months longer. If you would have level locked her, I may have stopped playing long before that.

$5 may not seem like a lot, but how many would be willing to pay that for Sorkan right now that can't because of their low level? If increasing revenue is a goal of this game, then you all are missing out on a lot of money by denying thousands the ability to buy the newest Oracle General. I know I would have bought the 2 newest generals already...that would have been $10 in your pocket from just me.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Castle Age Sage

Just a few Questions from people in my guild...

1 - What would be the result on a Zurran/Alexandria Combo with Zurran as Master? +22 on gate?
2 - What would be the result on a Gabrielle/Deianira Combo with Gabrielle as Master? How much more bonus on Guild Monsters?
3 - How many Alliances can you have?
4 - Can they be undone?
5 - Can you add a secondary later once an Alliance is completed?
6 - Is there a complete list of possible Combos listed anywhere??

Thanks in advance for those who answer

Last edited by Dalamar The Dark; 03-02-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalamar The Dark View Post
Just a few Questions from people in my guild...

1 - What would be the result on a Zurran/Alexandria Combo with Zurran as Master? +22 on gate?
2 - What would be the result on a Gabrielle/Deianira Combo with Gabrielle as Master? How much more bonus on Guild Monsters?
3 - How many Alliances can you have?
4 - Can they be undone?
5 - Can you add a secondary later once an Alliance is completed?
6 - Is there a complete list of possible Combos listed anywhere??

Thanks in advance for those who answer
I think what you're looking for is in this thread

how many alliances? probably as much as you can have
yes they can be 'undone' or broken
secondary link slot will open after the 1st link is "active"
Old 03-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonomine View Post
+5 deflect for my Daphne. Me likey
How about making this general available so players could get it, I missed this one and must suffer??

from a WIKI:

Notes:
Persephone is one of the seven heroes that are no longer available.
She could be obtained by completing the Darkest Hour quest under Festival - Games - Heart of Darkness. Since then, Heart of Darkness has been pulled out of the Castle Age Festival and was launched as an independent game. Because items in the new Castle Age: Heart of Darkness game cannot be transferred to the original game and the method of obtaining Persephone in it has been changed, she can no longer be obtained in Castle Age.

*** I'm surprised not to see MEMNON in your Alliance choices as well lol
Old 03-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Journeyman

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova0135 View Post
I don't see anything wrong in the development of this FREE game. The only think I think should be changed is to remove the Level Lock on the Oracle Generals. Someone in my Guild plays as a Mage and has most of the Mage items already, but because of the Level Locks, she is unable to get the Mage General she would like. That does not make much sense to me. Guild generals should be available to all with out having to achieve a certain level to get them. And it seems silly to Level Lock any Oracle General...if I want to pay $5 (buy 30FPs) for a general to make playing this game more enjoyable to me and keep me coming back for more, why would you deny me that, and you the money. Hell, you got $5 out of me to buy a Guild General in HoD that made me play that game a few months longer. If you would have level locked her, I may have stopped playing long before that.

$5 may not seem like a lot, but how many would be willing to pay that for Sorkan right now that can't because of their low level? If increasing revenue is a goal of this game, then you all are missing out on a lot of money by denying thousands the ability to buy the newest Oracle General. I know I would have bought the 2 newest generals already...that would have been $10 in your pocket from just me.
quit your whining, monthly generals were always lvl limited and I've played the game for more than 3 yrs. Lvl up your account and stop trying to be some annoying lvl 150 PVP twit with a 13 BSI. Anyone with a decent hybrid can make lvl 350-400 within a yr of play. And if you complete PVP build what need you have of generals like Sorkan when you got 50 stam to work with......enjoy those green dragons dude lol
Old 03-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Location: as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<

Monthly generals were not always lvl locked. This is still relatively recent ...
Old 03-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Limited time generals are available for limited time. I can't get Gabrielle anymore because she's not available anymore — Arena 5 is long gone and not coming back (hopefully).

In addition to Persephone and Gabrielle, Elin also was limited time. Maybe QQ about that too?

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ

Tags
bring back nee, nee is hot