Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Castle Age Sage

Default Warbringer Gauntlets vs. Vanguards Gauntlets

When the button said "purchase"....I did without really thinking about the benefit of the Warbringer Gauntlets from the Conquest Path Shop. I was able to hold out in the last Arena and get the Vanguards Gauntlets which house my Damage Rune. My Damage Rune Power is at +108.
So my question is when should I equip the "new" Warbringers, if equip them at all?
They have a rating of 17/17 with +10 to pierce. Which, and correct me if I am wrong, the +10 pierce is really a +1% to my attack?
Right now my attack/defense is at an A: 1850 D: 1450.
My guess would be, since the Damage Rune only works in Guild Battles, the Warbringers may be of benefit everywhere else?
And...the Vanguards Gauntlet with the Rune will do more damage when I "win" in Guild Battle, but the Warbringer Gauntlets will add to my attack and actually help me win in the first place.
All this new stuff with no idea of how the numbers work is a bit confusing.
Thanks for any replies....discuss!

Last edited by Lamf77; 02-18-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Castle Age Sage

+10 pierce = 1% eATT (100% Att +70% Def).

Personally I use +Dmg items for Lands and Battles. +Piercing items for when I need to Win a duel.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purps View Post
+10 pierce = 1% eATT (100% Att +70% Def).

Personally I use +Dmg items for Lands and Battles. +Piercing items for when I need to Win a duel.
Oh, so your eAtk is:
(A+0.7D)*(1+(Po-Pd)/1000)

Where:
A is attack
D is defence
Po is offensive pierce
Pd is defensive pierce
Old 02-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Castle Age Royalty

If 1% of your effective attack is greater than the difference in stats between the 2 items then you would be best served using them to attack with. If that extra attack is worth it to you by enough to counter the few points lost to defense as a result of the difference between the stats of the 2 items, it would then be worth it to you to just salvage your Damage Rune from the Vanguard Gauntlets and forge it to the Warbringers.

Otherwise You might consider just waiting and acquiring an Ingot Stack to forge Piercing to those Vanguard gloves and be done with it.

Knowing the full stats of the 2 would be helpful. Such as if one or the other were 1 slot or 2 slots for the Forge.
If the Warbringer gloves have no Forge slots at all then the point is moot for GB's and such as you would need the other gloves to make use of your Damage Rune bonus.

Last edited by Draconus; 02-18-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Castle Age Scribe

You also have to figure in the increase in stats based upon the Item Archive bonus.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Castle Age Sage

The Warbringer Gauntlets have any slots for runes or gems.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Castle Age Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconus View Post
If 1% of your effective attack is greater than the difference in stats between the 2 items then you would be best served using them to attack with.
If I got this right: vanguard gauntlets eAttack 42.5
warbringer gauntles eAttack 28.9

So if my eAttack> Vanguard eAttack - warbringer eAttack

then it's worth it or not?

eAttack>13.6

In my case with 1000 attack and 514 defence being 13,598>13,6 (wrong) so vanguard would barely be better, right?

Is this how you calculate it? *-*

(maybe I finally got it, thank you!)

Edit: should I add runes+item archive bonus to my eAttack?

Last edited by Adurna; 02-18-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adurna View Post
If I got this right: vanguard gauntlets eAttack 42.5
warbringer gauntles eAttack 28.9

So if my eAttack> Vanguard eAttack - warbringer eAttack

then it's worth it or not?

eAttack>13.6

In my case with 1000 attack and 514 defence being 13,598>13,6 (wrong) so vanguard would barely be better, right?

Is this how you calculate it? *-*

(maybe I finally got it, thank you!)

Edit: should I add runes+item archive bonus to my eAttack?
It's not known, or not known by myself, if Rune or Item Archive bonuses apply to Effective Attack and Defense as per stat improvements or if they apply like Piercing would.

The Warbringer gloves will give you a boost in your Item Archives regardless of if you equip them or not. Going by the figures you supply the 2 appear to be equal for attack (the difference in their stats being equal to the bonus you gain from the +10 Piercing). Which then leaves a question remaining.

1. Do the Warbringer gloves have 1 or more Forge slots.

If the answer is Yes, then the next question would be whether or not you have or expect to have in the near future an Ingot or Ingot Stack of Physical Piercing.
A single Ingot of Piercing would provide you +15 Piercing while an Ingot Stack would provide +25.

Added via Forge to the Vanguard gloves, either of these would allow it to exceed the base abilities of the Warbringer gloves.
Warbringer being +10
Vanguard + Forge being either +15 or +25.

But if the Warbringer gloves have a Forge slot, using the single Ingot would make them the equal of the Vanguard using an Ingot Stack.

Warbringer (with 1 Forge slot)
single Ingot = +25 total
Ingot Stack = +35 total
Old 02-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Castle Age Sage

The wiki says warbringer gauntlet has no slots, so well I'll be using the vanguard for the damage rune anyways.
But now I understood how to calculate whether one item's better than another or not. Thanks you very much again^^
Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Should be easy to calculate the point at which one is better than the other based on anyone's eff attack....until you are able to put a piercing gem into the Vanguards, at which point they are going to be better in any situation, period.

42.5-28.9 = 13.6 eff attk difference from stats...so if your eff attk with the Warbringers equipped is greater than 1360, then the edge the 10% pierce gives you (1%) makes up the 13.6 eff attk difference making the Warbringers the choice when Damage is not a factor. For defense and damage situations, you'd use the Vanguards. For monsters that pierce affects, you'd want to wear the Warbringers unless you've already got the pierce requirement covered (I think) - as the damage rune doesn't affect monster damage.

Right?