Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age - Facebook > General Discussion

Old 02-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Default Guild Level vs Essence Storage

When Rune Essence was first released it was stated that the amount of Storage a Guild could have would be determined by the level of the Guild. It could not, would not exceed the level of the guild. Then some fine tuning got done and everything re calculated and quite a few Guilds suddenly found themselves having more essence in storage than their Guild level would allow. They couldn't trade more essence to complete filling the storage to it's then current capacity and couldn't increase their storage capacity unless or until they increased their Guild level.

Yet I am seeing more and more Guilds, of levels 1, 2, maybe 3, yet having storage capacities to or in excess of level 9 who are still happily trading essence. I recently found a level 1 Guild with storage capacity @ level 11

My own Guild is level 9 with our Attack and Damage storage also at level 9. Attempts to increase storage beyond this level get us the message of Too Bad How Sad you can't go past your Guild Level. When the adjustments were made We were among those Guilds that found ourselves having more storage capacity than our level allowed. That capacity was not full, but the capacity was in excess of our Guild level. And our ability to trade Essence was blocked until our Guild level increased to match that capacity.

So how are these Guilds accomplishing this feat? Sure, they could jump up levels and pump up storage levels to match quickly enough I would presume. I've at least heard some bit of talk of Guilds allowing themselves to be defeated in order to lose Guild XP and to then drop levels. But once their Guild Level dropped below their storage capacity shouldn't they be unable to continue trading?
Old 02-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Keeper of Lore

fb guilds always had the lvl cap beacuse they were able to raise their guild lvl via conquest. iOS didn't have conquest thus they couldn't raise their guild lvl to so they wouldn't be able to raise storage rank in trade market. The devs decided to leave iOS guilds storage lvl uncapped until conquest came out. recently (last week) i believe that the cap was set at lvl 8, but iOS guilds would keep whatever rank they built up to but the guild bonuses would stop at lvl 8. This imposed lvl cap on iOS either means conquest is coming to iOS soon or that they wanted to stop the no level cap exploit buy certain groups of people if not all of them.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Castle Age Royalty

To judge from what I'm seeing there must be an awful lot of IOS guilds out there. Because when I go looking for somewhere to trade it seems 50% or more of the Guilds I see are showing storage levels far beyond their level. And when one of my Guild Mates posts a guild link as having room for trading, the guild in question is almost always level 1 but having storage to level 7, 8, 9 and beyond.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Send a message via Skype™ to thomasj8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconus View Post
To judge from what I'm seeing there must be an awful lot of IOS guilds out there.
There are a ton of iOS guilds. I would not be surprised if they outnumber FB guilds by now. iOS community is very fluid, with people moving and creating guilds all the time.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Send a message via Skype™ to VersionsOfViolence

We upgraded our Guild's storage capacity beyond our level through iOS. One extra level for attack, 3 extra for damage.

With only a handful of monkehs with access to the app, it cost me some good change in energy refills. Up to 9k Energy per upgrade.

I'd still be doing it if it were possible. I'd much rather trade my essences to my own guild than spend so much time looking for somewhere to dump it, which is only going to make another guild stronger anyway.

iOS guilds are currently capped at level 8 storage. Any that upgraded beyond that don't get the additional guild bonuses beyond level 8.

Id love to see FB guilds get an extra 8 possible levels of storage, or double their Conquest level. Instead of being stuck at a maximum of 14.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Send a message via Skype™ to thomasj8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
We upgraded our Guild's storage capacity beyond our level through iOS. One extra level for attack, 3 extra for damage.
I was never sure whether this was by intentional design, or not, to allow FB players to do it through iOS. My guess was it was an unintended functionality for FB guilds.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Castle Age Sage

If we do not see the cap on guild rank raised soon we will eventually run out of places to trade essence (unlikely) or see a constant influx of people creating new bogus guilds for the express purpose of dumping their excess essence (likely).

As it is it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a place to trade even a measly 2000 damage essence. I feel sorry for those with hundreds of thousands waiting to trade (actually on second thought, I really don't feel very sorry for them ).
Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dread Pirate Alexander View Post
creating new bogus guilds for the express purpose of dumping their excess essence (likely).
Damn, why did didn't I think of that?

1,000,000 gold (chump change for most of us), and a bit of energy you could level yourself the first two levels for a small amount of energy and dump your essences there.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:38 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Default Level 19

Yesterday I come across a Level 1 guild with Level 19 damage storage, other were all above 10 as well. It takes great deal of time for us to find a storage place and with glitchy Earth Conquest, it is difficult to level up. And even that won't help.

I seriously hope that developers deal with issue. I really don't understand why IOS get more bonus in game.

I would appreciate you explain how those guilds with some IOS members extend their storage and remain a FB guild.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:04 AM
Keeper of Lore

Really? You're all complaining about iOS having something at one point that FB didn't have? iOS is so far behind FB in terms of conquest (which has NOT come to iOS yet in any form or fashion...supposed to be in the next big update whenever that actually shows up...), festival, towers, free generals, festivus sword costs 1000 gc rather than just getting 25 friends to click, etc that it's not even funny. Most iOS users can only equip 2 runes at any given time (attack or damage and health or defense.) The few who managed to get the gloves from arena can equip 3 runes at once, but that's a very small number of players.

iOS storage is now capped at guild level (and if a guild had already raised their storage level well beyond their guild they didn't lose any space, but they can't add any more either.) Really, I would think that most of you would prefer that at least some guilds could raise storage levels well beyond their guild level. That means more places for you to trade your essence which already was hard enough to do before the cap was in place. Now it's getting very difficult to find places to trade damage essence and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the same problem starts happening for attack essence.

Either caps should be raised or eliminated for everyone or there needs to be some way to use/get rid of essence in storage. What's the point of staring essence if you can't use it for anything?

Last edited by Ghammer79; 02-03-2013 at 05:05 AM.