Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age > Game Help & Strategies

Old 04-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Location: as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
Default Conquest Guide

Guild Conquest has evolved into a rather massive and complicated part of Castle Age.

First of all, there are 3 distinct areas of interest. First there is your Conquest Keep, then there's Conquest Battle and finally Conquest Duel. Two of these, Conquest Keep and Battle are closely connected, Conquest Duel is more of a "side-quest" devs released and is also the only part of conquest that can be tackled by people not in a guild.

1. Generalities
  • New resources that Conquest introduced are lumber and iron.
  • You get these either by attacking people in Conquest Battle or by collecting from the lands your guild owns.
  • Resources are needed to buy a number of items in the guild war-shop. It is not really recommended spending any of them until reaching 5k of each(for an achievement)
  • Collecting from conquest lands can only be done once per day. The timer resets at the same time each day. Keep this in mind for when clearing lands of monsters.
  • Guild officers have the option to salvage a land. This destroys the land and allows you to kill monsters again and reconquer it(each guild only gets 4 fire lands and 2 mist lands to conquer this way). Salvaging will also enable power collect, meaning you can also collect resources from that land for one day after it was salvaged.
  • The max amount of guild tokens increases as you rank up(11 for rank3, 12 for rank 15+ in conquest, 13 for rank 28+). You regen 1 token per hour and can refill tokens with 10 FP per refill an unlimited amount of times.(you get small reductions in regen timer for tokens as you rank up)
  • Personal rank is increased by spending tokens in conquest battle or when defending your own lands(heal, ressurect etc)
  • Guild rank is increased by gaining guild trophies. Each trophy gives guild exp. Max guild rank is 10.

2. Conquest Keep
  • Conquest keep is like a command center for your guild. When first entering you will see that there are two major Lands(or realms). First one is Land of Fire and second one is Land of Mist. Each of these two realms functions in a slightly different way .
  • I'd like to note that there are however common features for both Land of Fire and Mist; they each contain a number of lands(yes they're also called lands which is why I'm using the name realm for the main Land) which you can explore. Exploring, summons a number of monsters which you have to defeat in order to attain the land. Having lands means getting resources to buy things in your guild shop.
2.a) Land of Fire
  • When first entering this realm you will see 4 lands each with a green explore button.
  • The monsters that you have to kill are summoned immediately after clicking explore button.
  • The number and type of monsters that you have to defeat depends greatly on the average level of your guild. A guild made mostly of players under level 300 can get monsters like Cronus, Ragnarok or Bahamut. A guild with an average level of 300+ can get monsters like Azriel, Alpha Meph, Jahanna, Aurora, Malekus etc.
  • Failing a monster does no harm, so smaller guilds can slow-kill one monster at a time.
  • Once you have defeated all monsters in a land, you can start collecting resources daily from it. Also the land enters a defend/protected cycle. Defenders are not automatically asigned, each member has an option of becoming a defender in one land. A land is much like a gate in your normal guild battle. It can have a maximum of 25 members and the HP of your members is multiplied by 65. The class you are is locked when land is in defend mode and can be changed while in protect mode.
  • Each person in your guild can only defend one land, be it land of fire or land of mist.
  • In defend mode your land can be attacked by all other guilds. Your opponents get a total of 1000 tokens with which they can try to "sack" your land. A land is considered sacked if everyone in your gate dies, if you have 1 or more people left after timer has expired or the 1000 tokens have been spent, then you have succesfully defended your land.
  • A sacked land will receive a stripped land counter. Having strip counters on your land makes them net less resources. After receiving multiple strip counters a land is attacked by an orc invasion. Failing to defend against it gives your land more stripped counters, rendering it useless.
  • Officers have the option to salvage lands and receive a few resources for them. Salvaging a land means you can conquer it all over again. This is useful if you have a land with stripped counters or simply want to kill more monsters(there is an achievement for killing monsters in conquest).

2.b) Land of Mist
  • As with Land of Fire the goal here is to completely clear a land of monsters. However there is one major and extremely important difference. Lands here are on limited timers(~288 hours). Once you click explore the timer starts ticking and that is the max amount of time in which you can kill the monsters that are summoned. What monsters you get depends on the average lvl of your guild.
  • Important: ONCE YOU KILL ALL MONSTERS IN THE LAND THE TIMER DOES NOT RESET YOU WILL HAVE THE LAND FOR HOWEVER TIME YOU HAVE LEFT. IF YOU NEEDED 287 HOURS TO KILL ALL MONSTERS LAND WILL GO POOF 1 HOUR LATER!!
  • If you want to be able to collect resources from your land of mist, you must kill the final monster with more than 24 hours to spare on the timer( because once you kill the monsters you first have 24 hours in which you can collect loot, after which land enters protected mode for 48 hours and that is when you can collect lumber and iron from it.)
  • WHEN TIMER ENDS LAND DISAPPEARS. THERE IS NO WAY TO KEEP IT. THINK ABOUT THIS WHEN DECIDING TO GET ONE!
  • A land is much like a gate in your normal guild battle. It can have a maximum of 25 members and the HP of your members is multiplied by 45. The class you are is locked when land is in defend mode and can be changed while in protect mode.
  • Similarly with lands of fire, you must protect these against attackers, unlike lands of fire, if you fail to defend you lose the land immediately and the guild that killed everyone in your land gets it and can start collecting resources for it.
  • Land of Mists now has an explore feature inside each land. Use this feature to find and aquire Hero Crystals from the new Demi-god of luck Cassandra. Use Hero Crystals to level up your hero's past level 4.
  • Each land you own increases the chance you will get a crystal by 15%(max 60%). Each lvl 5+ hero adds 1%(max +30%)
2.c) Fortify Land
  • If you don't have enough members in your guild to defend the lands you own you also have the option to fortify your lands. Think of fortifying as if hiring or building soldiers to help defend your land.
  • You can only fortify a land when in Protect mode.
  • The strength of the unit depends on the average strength of your guild-members defenders in that land.
  • There are 10 levels to fortifying, each lvl gives you one more soldier/mercenary. So far the only unit available is the Footman. He has the equivalent of 100 HP (6500 HP in lands of Fire, 4500 in lands of Mist)
  • Fortifying costs Energy. Level 1 - 500 Energy Level 2 - 1000 Energy Level 3 - 5000 Energy Level 4 - 1% Progress for 100 Energy Level 5 - 1% Progress for 200 Energy, for the other 5 lvls, energy per 1% increases with 50 per lvl.
  • There is an achievement for fortifying lands.
  • All lands lose fortification when they are salvaged, or when they expire(only mist lands expire)
3. Conquest Battle
  • This is the part of conquest where you can find vulnerable lands of other guilds(lands that are in defend mode). You can spend tokens attacking other lands and receive resources, guild coins and regular game exp for doing so.
  • To conquer a land, you must kill everyone in a guild. Only 1000 actions are available for doing so.
  • Conquering(known as sacking) a land of fire helps your guild attain the sacking guild trophy which helps increase your guild rank.
  • Conquering a land of mist gives you a land of mist from which you can collect resources and grants you access to the demi-god Cassandra.
  • You attack lands as the guild class you are currently. You can also change your class at will. Some class powers will not be available, like sentinel or confidence for warriors.
  • The conquer goes to the person to deal the final blow to the last defender of the land. The guild of that person is awarded with the +sacked land achievement or land of mist.

4. Guild achievements.
  • I'm mentioning these in this guide because they were introduced at the same time as conquest, and because part of these achievements are conquest achievements.
  • There are 3 types of achievements. Two are individual and one is cooperative with the guild.
  • Guild Achievements: are attained by using certain class skills(heal, whirlwind evade etc etc) a number of times, they reward you with Skill points. 2000 of each is the max.
  • Conquest Achievements: are attained by doing certain things in conquest. There are achievements for dealing a certain amount of dmg to conquest monsters, for offensive and defensive victories in conquest battle, for obtaining certain amounts of iron and wood(up to 5000 each) and for fortifying in lands.
  • Conquest Trophies: are cooperative achievements, they reward guild exp which is needed to increase your guild's rank. Higher guild rank unlocks more items to buy in guild war shop.
  • This post made on forums by The Flirt contains detailed info about requirements for each achievement.

Last edited by zserg; 05-11-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Default Conquest Guide

5. Conquest duels.
  • Conquest duels is a new pvp ladder which has as rewards skill points, 2 items(helm and glove) which have slots for pierce/resist/elemental forging and earth elemental gems. You do not receive these for free, but must purchase them with guild coins.
  • You can use both duels and invade to attack your opponents, however you cannot use your own stamina, but must use conquest tokens. These tokens are the same ones as those in Conquest Battle.
  • You can find conquest duel here: Battle> Conquest duel

FAQ:
1. Can you defend more than one land at a time?
A: No, you cannot, at least not legally. There have been some glitches which allowed people to "multi-defend", but devs have worked hard to fix them.

2. Is there a way to remove "sacked counters" from fire lands?
A: No, it is currently not possible to remove them. You can however salvage(destroy) the land and reconquer it to get a clean/fresh land.

3. How long can I keep my mist land?
A: At most, 288 hours. But the time you need to kill them+24 hours collect time will be wasted from those 288. To check on time left for your mist land, just look at the Expire time for each land, in your conquest keep>land of mist.

4. What is the penalty for failing a monster when conquering lands?
A: There is no penalty, you can take your time killing the monsters. Mist lands however have a limited timer to begin with, so best to clear all the monsters fast, if possible.

5. What are the rewards for lvling my personal conquest rank?
A: Token regen time decreases slightly for each lvl, also the max amount of tokens increases at certain lvls(11 tokens at rank 3, 12 tokens at rank 15, 13 tokens at rank 28). You also get a token refill each time you lvl, much like your stamina and energy are refilled when you level in game.

6. When can I reconquer a new mist land if my old one expires/gets stealed?
A: Right away, there is no waiting time.

7. How many lands can I own?
A: You can conquer 2 mist lands by killing monsters with your guild. You can however steal an unlimited number of lands from other guilds.
You can only own 4 fire lands at any time, as "sacking" a fire land, does not give you a fire lands as it does with mist lands.

8. Why can't I pray to Cassandra if my mist land is in defend mode?
A: We can't know why devs made it like this. If you have another mist land you can reach Cassandra through that, otherwise you'll have to wait for mist land to enter protect mode again.

9. Will everyone in the guild be able to collect iron and wood, and have access to Cassandra, or just those that helped kill/steal land?
A: Everyone can collect resources and pray to Cassandra once per day, regardless of their contribution.

10. If I pray to Cassandra, will I still be able to pray to other demi-gods?
A: Yes, Cassandra is not tied to the other demi-gods.

11. If a guild master or an officer decides to recycle a land (let's say the land received 3 depletion counters and is rendered useless), does the new land keep all the levels of fortifications invested in it previously? I mean, after it's cleared from monsters.
A: All levels of fortification will be lost.

12. Is Conquest finished?
A: No. Devs have said they plan to massively expand this feature. We can only wait and see exactly what they have in mind for Guild Conquest

Last edited by zserg; 05-08-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Looks nice :)

But:
Quote:
Important: ONCE YOU KILL ALL MONSTERS IN THE LAND THE TIMER DOES NOT RESET YOU WILL HAVE THE LAND FOR HOWEVER TIME YOU HAVE LEFT. IF YOU NEEDED 276 HOURS TO KILL ALL MONSTERS YOU WILL ONLY OWN THE LAND FOR 1 HOUR!!!
<- Wrong. 24 collect timer = need to slay 25 hrs before to have one hour use of it.

Generally, it would be better i guess not in a too fluent way like writing a story. More catchwords giving accurate informations. Eg: "Mist Realm Timer: 288 hours (12 days)" etc. etc. So people who read it get the information they want fast. There is rarely someone who doesn't understand it at all, generally they don't understand parts of it. I like the idea of your guide, keep going :))
Old 04-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alper View Post
Looks nice

But: <- Wrong. 24 collect timer = need to slay 25 hrs before to have one hour use of it.

Generally, it would be better i guess not in a too fluent way like writing a story. More catchwords giving accurate informations. Eg: "Mist Realm Timer: 288 hours (12 days)" etc. etc. So people who read it get the information they want fast. There is rarely someone who doesn't understand it at all, generally they don't understand parts of it. I like the idea of your guide, keep going )
Look at how it's continued, I did mention the 24 hours thing. Anyway it is a bit confusing what I mean, so will just modify with 25 hours like you say, but instead of owning i will say collect resources.

I will think about writing it in less fluent english (no seriously, after i finished it did look a bit too much story-like to me too)
Old 04-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Castle Age Royalty

I could give you the guide, as I have already done one but you'd have to bow to VoV's almightly god like status It would save you a lot of typing.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awerththawre View Post
I could give you the guide, as I have already done one but you'd have to bow to VoV's almightly god like status It would save you a lot of typing.
Or I could chain the monkey.

No thanks. Feel free to post it on forums yourself unless it's for your guild only.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Castle Age Scholar

How about this, this isn't up there. Can you defend a land in Realm of Fire, and defend another one in Realm of Mist, or can you only be in one? I have asked 10 people about this in the bigger guilds, I usually get the "I don't know". Either they don't defend, or don't care.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
How about this, this isn't up there. Can you defend a land in Realm of Fire, and defend another one in Realm of Mist, or can you only be in one? I have asked 10 people about this in the bigger guilds, I usually get the "I don't know". Either they don't defend, or don't care.
From all the things I've read around the forum you can only defend in one land. Alper should know more about this though.

Last edited by zserg; 04-07-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Castle Age Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zserg View Post
From all the things I've read around the forum you can only defend in one land. Alper should know more about this though.
Huh, wish I would have know about that a month ago, would have only gotten 1 land in Land of Fire then.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Well I posted a final version with pics on the fb page in my siggy

Will think about how to format forum one to make it easier to read over the next few days

More suggestions, critique and spamming welcomed