Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age > General Discussion

Old 03-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Castle Age Sage

Default Piercing

I have a question on this. How do we up our piercing damage? I bought Frost and currently he's at level 3 so that helps. But is there anything else I can use to up my damage on Fenix??

Thanks for any help
Old 03-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Read more here!
Old 03-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Castle Age Sage

So aside from Frost AND forging weapons through Fenix, that's it? Ok. Well I'm off on Fenix then.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Castle Age Royalty

You do know that there was another hero that gives a larger boost to physical piercing? There will undoubtedly be more heroes released that give different bonuses as well (not to mention future monsters having alchemy items.)
Old 03-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
So aside from Frost AND forging weapons through Fenix, that's it? Ok. Well I'm off on Fenix then.
You forgot Aesir. You'll need him to him fenix with, or lose out on a lot of your damage. He's also more powerful with the piercing than Frost is.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Castle Age Sage

Aesir at lvl 4 has 40 Phys. Piercing - best so far... Frost is a wimp in that regard and I think his Water piercing has no effect whatsoever... As I understood it it has to overpower Fenix because of it's opposite Fire Ressistance...
Old 03-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabal4u View Post
Aesir at lvl 4 has 40 Phys. Piercing - best so far... Frost is a wimp in that regard and I think his Water piercing has no effect whatsoever... As I understood it it has to overpower Fenix because of it's opposite Fire Ressistance...
fenix has fire resistance. To beat that, you need fire piercing (you can alchemy a gem from loot that fenix drops to do this). Frost isn't going to help until the water monster is released.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:22 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Fire Resistance and Water Resistance will mitigate or eliminate the advantage of an attacker with the same elemental piercing. However, they will also make you more susceptible to piercing of the opposing element.
This is from the forging help file. If you have water piercing, then you should be able to overcome fire resistance. However, you might still need to have more water piercing than there is fire resistance. Some kind of bug with it right now, from the sound of things.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswald View Post
This is from the forging help file. If you have water piercing, then you should be able to overcome fire resistance. However, you might still need to have more water piercing than there is fire resistance. Some kind of bug with it right now, from the sound of things.
Suggestion seems to be it would make YOU more susceptible. I can see why you'd think the monster shouldn't be a special case, though.

Last edited by Cerbykins; 03-05-2012 at 05:51 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswald View Post
Did you not read the thread? in particular my post which was right above yours?

Water piercing beats water resistance. NOT fire resistance.

Case in point, the dull gem of fire fury, obtained through a fenix alchemy. It's stats are: +15 to fire piercing & -15 to water piercing. Meaning it cuts through fenix's fire resistance like it wasn't even there but if you try hitting a water elemental (which doesn't exist yet anyway), you'll do even less damage with it equipped than you would do without it.