Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age > General Discussion

Old 02-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Adventurer

Default How Do I Get Boots?

I see there is a category for boots in my generals' equipment--how do I get them? What items/monsters do I need to kill?
Thanks!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Send a message via Yahoo to Strider the Rogue

well you can always check it here:
http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment

But to summarize, there's currently only 3 sets of boots:
> Judgment Threads (2/2) from Azeron
> Redwyrm Greaves (5/3) from Vermilion
> Flamewalker Greaves (5/5) from Alchemy, but most of it's ingredients come from Thanatos of Fire... be aware though that one of it's ingredients (Crystalized Soul) comes from a CONNECTED monster from a DIFFERENT game that is Thanatos of Ice from Castle Age: Heart of Darkness
Old 02-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Castle Age Royalty

and to add on to what strider the rogue said. azeron and vermillion have a large divine shield to break through- (it takes 5 mil for 2 epics on vermillion and 18 mil for 2 epics on azeron).

for thanatos, you are alchemizing some very decent loot to get the boots. some people do not think it is worth it to alchemize because that stuff makes their war council. other people just decide to farm thanatos more so they can make boots and have their war council items.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:19 AM
Castle Age Royalty

And these, quite frankly, are stats that should be given to Rusty Boots, not monster lewtz.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Adventurer

I have helped kill lots of Thanatoses in HoD--no crystalline Soul yet...in another thread someone said you have to kill one from the other game? I was working on a T of Fire and Ice in CA just now, and saw some attackers from HoD--how do you do that?
I have no clue how divine items or this shield thing works..can some one explain a bit?
Old 02-11-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbusGuy View Post
I have helped kill lots of Thanatoses in HoD--no crystalline Soul yet...in another thread someone said you have to kill one from the other game? I was working on a T of Fire and Ice in CA just now, and saw some attackers from HoD--how do you do that?
I have no clue how divine items or this shield thing works..can some one explain a bit?
Thanatos and Thanatos of Ice are two different monsters in HoD. You need Thantos of Ice for the Crystalized dragon soul.

If you put in the monster code from the Thanatos of Fire you're fighting in CA it will get you the correct Thantos of Ice in HoD, but unless its a brand new monster it will already be dead because the HoD version is about 1,000 times easier to kill than the CA version.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Only really chase boots if you well can afford to do the damage, to get a chance at them. Or don't mind alchemizing some good items that would be in your war council.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Castle Age Royalty

columbus, here is heart of darkness game: http://apps.facebook.com/castle_hod/?ref=ts

you attack the thanatos of ice and fire through this game to get the soul. even if the orange ice dragon part is dead, you can still keep attacking through the HOD side and get damage on the fire side. do about 660k damage for an epic.

as for divine monsters and shields...divine shields block damage unless you have enough divine power to completely pierce the shield. the way to get divine power is through demi-rewards, chest generals, dexter the drunk gift item that is now expired, and fighting divine monsters and alchemizing equipment that has divine power. so pretty much you attack divine monsters to get more divine power...to attack harder divine monsters...to get more divine power...to attack harder divine monsters, etc.

for instance, jahanna blocks 10% damage.
azeron blocks 45% damage
vermillion blocks 50% damage

a thread about divine power: http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=52830
wikia article on building divine power: http://castleage.wikia.com/wiki/Stra...g_Divine_Power

overall columbus, the boots out right now are all weak in stats. equipment doesnt really swing battles much anyway, so you arent missing out if you dont go after boots...or it takes a long time to get them.

Last edited by Bristolen; 02-11-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Castle Age Royalty

12 Thanatos of Fire and Ice and still no boots (soul) - yes it takes a long time!
Old 02-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Castle Age Royalty

hahahaa my timberland boots post and link was nuked!!! come on that was funny! guess your a uggs fan :P

on a real note ya it takes a min to get them from thantos... the drop was a PIA for me specially since at the time i wasnt that strong in HOD. Im still not but much stronger now so it would be easier to farm a 2nd i think