Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Castle Age Scribe

Default Deinara or Ameron who is better for whirlwind?

Just wondering. Since Deinara give +20 to damage and Ameron gives +15%. which comes out on top?
Old 06-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strumpoo View Post
Just wondering. Since Deinara give +20 to damage and Ameron gives +15%. which comes out on top?
I would say Deinara, if anything because she does the extra damage on defense as well.

That being said, I'm rocking a Meekah-Confidenced whirlwind and loving it. The lack of bonus on the adjacent attacks is dwarfed by the massive damage done to your primary target.

"If you're dumb, surround yourself with smart people.
And if you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you"
-Issac Jaffe
Old 06-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Castle Age Scribe

I usually play cleric, but got Leadership III and Ameron in a chest roll. Now I purchased Whirlwind to go with it.

It is FUN!!

I have been doing some charting on the numbers. So far Ameron seems to do a little more damage (+10 or so), but my sample size is loooow.. So was just seeing if an of the math junkies had done this already!

Am actually leaning towards confidence now instead of Fortitude. for my cleric.

Can you just equip Meekah at beginning of battle, build up confidence and then switch to Ameron or Deinara?

Last edited by Strumpoo; 06-09-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strumpoo View Post
I usually play cleric, but got Leadership III and Ameron in a chest roll. Now I purchased Whirlwind to go with it.

It is FUN!!

I have been doing some charting on the numbers. So far Ameron seems to do a little more damage (+10 or so), but my sample size is loooow.. So was just seeing if an of the math junkies had done this already!

Am actually leaning towards confidence now instead of Fortitude. for my cleric.

Can you just equip Meekah at beginning of battle, build up confidence and then switch to Ameron or Deinara?
Confidence is only for warrior.

No, if you switch generals while he's +90, it will drop back to +50.

I actually find Ameron to be the better choice overall. I only use Meekah if I get stunned.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Good information, good choices! thanks
Old 06-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I actually find Ameron to be the better choice overall. I only use Meekah if I get stunned.
What makes you say that?
Old 06-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo 41011 View Post
What makes you say that?
Comparing damage done - Ameron +50 Confidence +15% WW to Meekah's +90 Confidence w/ regular WW - total damage is pretty much equal. I prefer the side target damage more than the main opponent. That, and 4-5 more attacks to get Meekah powered up. Ameron is just more consistent to stick with....switch Meekah out for anything (to try to get more side damage with Ameron or Daphne to reduce damage taken) and there goes your +90, and you have to start over.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:56 AM
Castle Age Royalty

If you can hit with Ameron and do 217 damage, then you are doing about as much damage as you would have with Deianira.

With three targets, Ameron would do 217, 200, 200 (617 total.) Deianira would do 237, 190, 190 (617 total.) Ameron might do a little bit more, from what I've read, it seems that he might add 15% of 80% and not 15% to 80%. (But, I don't have him, so I can't verify this.) Getting Ameron to 217 damage on average is pretty tough.

Average damage for whirlwind is reduced. It goes from 110 (assuming resistance IV) to about 88. Add, shout and confidence and you are at 154. This is looking at average damage. If you hit for 154 with Ameron, you would've hit for 174 with Deianira. Hitting with Deianira would have done more damage in total. Adding poison helps Ameron more than Deianira and the differences between them get smaller as you do more damage. The difference is small enough it doesn't really matter.

If you are only hitting two targets with whirlwind, then Ameron has to do much more (around 300 to the primary target) to equal Deianira.

If you can hit people who have no resistance and they are poisoned, then you will come out better with Ameron than Deianira. Of course, using Meekah is still probably better in that case if you have confidence at +90.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Castle Age Royalty

As someone who has all 3, I choose you, Ameron.

Ameron's WW does 93%, btw.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:57 AM
Castle Age Royalty

I guess I just don't know how Ameron works. I hope someone can explain in detail how he works.

I know the basic whirlwind formula is 80/100/80 of total damage done. If Ameron moves it to 95/100/95, I still don't see how he's better than Meekah.

Meekah adds 40 to the center and 32 to the sides. For Ameron to do more damage to the sides than Meekah, you'd need to do at least 214 to the center. I barely get that high with Meekah. (I have leadership 1, but shout/leadership 3/4 won't cover all 40 pts lost by not using Meekah)

So unless your wanting to keep the person you are hitting alive longer so you can kill an 'unbeatable' foe next to them, I still don't see why Ameron is better than Meekah. I hope I'm missing something.