Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Castle Age Scribe

Default Favor returned using the CA-Tools Bookmarklet??

As the title stated, I noticed this "Favor returned using the CA-Tools Bookmarklet" was added under some players who sent me a mystery Heirloom request. Is it because hey are using the scripter?
Old 02-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Castle Age Royalty

yes and apparently have no issues flaunting the fact that they are using a cheat bot. I'd report 'em just on principle, could care less that they were nice enough to send a gift back, they're still cheating
Old 02-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Castle Age Sage

The CA-Tools Bookmarklet is not a cheat bot... If you looked at it before you replied, as I did, you would have would have seen that.

It is more navigation aide then anything... It does not run and do functions for you in bot fashion (no auto hide or duel or any of that other lame crap). The gift acceptor is nice. I have always hated having to click each and every gift link (something a lot of people have been asking for for god knows how long). You still have to return your gifts though you can send the same one to everyone who sent you one.

[ †SPλRTλNS† Guild Master ]-[ †SPλRTλNS† Guild ]-[ †SPλRTλNS† MONSTERS Group ]
Old 02-05-2011, 04:06 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Send a message via Skype™ to J.Smullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikeFan1961 View Post
The CA-Tools Bookmarklet is not a cheat bot... If you looked at it before you replied, as I did, you would have would have seen that.

It is more navigation aide then anything... It does not run and do functions for you in bot fashion (no auto hide or duel or any of that other lame crap). The gift acceptor is nice. I have always hated having to click each and every gift link (something a lot of people have been asking for for god knows how long). You still have to return your gifts though you can send the same one to everyone who sent you one.
Its cheating and against FB TOS. And if you want the click each gift link gone deal with facebook not CA as that is who dictates that.
3.freedom from deceit or fraud.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:52 AM
Castle Age Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Smullins View Post
Its cheating and against FB TOS. And if you want the click each gift link gone deal with facebook not CA as that is who dictates that.
It may be seen unacceptable in CA, but it is not a violation of FB TOS.

My point was that it is not a "cheat bot" in the sense that it does not appear to exploit the game or give an unfair advantage to a play. Hell 95% of it appears to be nothing more then the links in the game organized in a simple menu bar.

Also gifting is controlled by the CA application. The ONLY thing that shows up in the FB world is the notification/accept link. I sure the accept could be done in CA based on the link structure used. I would guess that the notification in FB occurs so that you are reminded to come back and play.

I have not developed an application for use with FB so I am not sure if there is a requirement to have a FB notification, but I would think that there is not. I may just go off and read the application developer terms as my curiosity has been peaked a bit.

And before anyone asks or accuses me... I have absolutely nothing to do with the CA-Tools Bookmarklet and I have not scripted anything in CA.

[ †SPλRTλNS† Guild Master ]-[ †SPλRTλNS† Guild ]-[ †SPλRTλNS† MONSTERS Group ]
Old 02-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikeFan1961 View Post
The CA-Tools Bookmarklet is not a cheat bot... I have always hated having to click each and every gift link
If you are not clicking each and every link with your own fingers, then it is a cheat bot. You don't get to pick and choose what functions you define as cheating. CA defines it as any software that automates any part of the game.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:37 AM

http://castleageforums.com/cforum/sh...ad.php?t=41179
Quote:
Definitely cheating:
1.) Anything than runs an automated script [Unfair advantage/Cheating/In our ToS]
Old 02-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death of Rats View Post
"Definitely cheating:
1.) Anything than runs an automated script [Unfair advantage/Cheating/In our ToS] "

Well, I'd have to disagree with you on the definition of automated. It would seem that it requires that this script (I haven't installed it) is not automated in the fact that it requires human interaction. While a car uses an automatic transmission or our telephone uses automatic switching technology does mean that the car or the phone is automated.

My cell phone will dial numbers for me when I select a persons name, but I wouldn't think that that would be consider automation.

If you can accept and return a gift w/o any human interaction then I'd call that automation.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Location: as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<

You can argue all you want. It's not a game feature, you're using an outside script to make gifting easier.

Regardless of the amount of interaction that script needs, regardless of how small the advantage is, it's still against the rules of CA and likely FB.

Last edited by zserg; 02-05-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caidi View Post
If you are not clicking each and every link with your own fingers, then it is a cheat bot. You don't get to pick and choose what functions you define as cheating. CA defines it as any software that automates any part of the game.
CA has an "ACCEPT ALL" button for gifts, the only difference is you actually get to KEEP them with this thing.