Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age - Facebook > Game Help & Strategies

Old 07-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Default The Power Leveler's Handbook

To minimize nerfing, I suggest we stop talking about power leveling here.

Last edited by EpiQC; 10-23-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiQC View Post
There’s also no fortify cap at 1000 defense; that’s also just a rumor.
Have you tested this on all the monsters with defense? Just wondering if it's like attack, where only the hydra doesn't have a cap on attack.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Great work EpiQC

Maybe for discussion:

In my opinion raising stamina more than 1k is very useful. Depends on your aims too.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jain Zar View Post
Have you tested this on all the monsters with defense? Just wondering if it's like attack, where only the hydra doesn't have a cap on attack.
Nope, only tested on serpents. I'll do some tests on Skaar, Ragnarok and Genesis in the near future. They're the next step after dragons and serpents for FP farmers, so I need to test the sweet spots anyway.

I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpercino View Post
Great work EpiQC

Maybe for discussion:

In my opinion raising stamina more than 1k is very useful. Depends on your aims too.
Thanks.

Do you want to share your stats with us? What level are you and do you still only need 1 refill per level up? Since you can only refill 1000 stamina per refill and you only get 5 stat points per level (needing 12.5 more exp per level), I'm not sure if it's really optimal for a power leveler. I have no doubts it's great for a monster hunter however.

Last edited by EpiQC; 07-23-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiQC View Post

Do you want to share your stats with us? What level are you and do you still only need 1 refill per level up? Since you can only refill 1000 stamina per refill and you only get 5 stat points per level (needing 12.5 more exp per level), I'm not sure if it's really optimal for a power leveler. I have no doubts it's great for a monster hunter however.
I think the whole mistake is to look at the refill cap. if your aim is leveling fast and farming many fp too, look at this thought experiment:

You have 2k stamina and you only attack serpents. amethyst and ancient ones. with 500 attack you just need to use 50stamina to reach 250k - 300k. with this dmg you have in the middle a chance about 65 - 80% to earn 1 FP each Serpent, again with amethyst and ancient ones (confirmend from FP Farmer & Countdown as well).
So that makes: 2000/50 = 40 Serpents each lvl up you can attack with your stamina. 65 - 80% of 40serpents makes in the middle a earning of 26 - 32FP each lvl up without refilling. But you will at least refill once and with 1k stam you can attack again 20 serpents, makes again 12 to 16FP gained.
If you only need one refill for level up you still save 28 to 38FP every lvl up. for each refill you have in the middle a bonus of 2 - 6 fp.

you can simulate this with 3k stamina and so on. Every 1k stamina will give you a bonus of 12 to 16FP each lvl up plus 2 - 6FP each refill you need.

Other example: 3k stamina + 2 refills: 60 to 80FP gained, 20FP of them for refill = still 40 to 60FP bonus for one lvl up.

this build has his problems too: where to get more than 60 serpents each lvl up? (or in the 3k + 2refill version: 100serpents) but if you overcome somehow this problem you will be a fp machine.

Btw., the name of that build is Orgazmo: endless stamina with endless possibility to refill (that way non stop leveling = optimal for a powerlevler too ) and to save high amounts of FP for chests at the same time, if you keep on hunting serpents.

EDIT: If you only want to earn enough FP for refilling than 1k stamina is enough of course This build has the aim to earn many FP (really many FP ) to do other things too, like rolling for chests, refill many times for doing heavy dmg on Tier6 Bosses and so on.
It isn´t really a power leveling build, althougth it has the same benefits as the Staminator build. Not the leveling is the aim, its the fp earning. If you feel that your fp earning is enough you can invest all your points anywhere else without loosing either level speed nor fp earning amount each lvl. the fp earning/lvl will still increase because you will need some day more refills to lvl.

Last edited by Alper; 07-24-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:37 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Default Finally ... a long time waiting

Great work EpiQC! Well organized and well written -- another "Sticky" candidate I'm thinking! Thanks for taking the time out from leveling to put this together!
Old 07-24-2010, 02:00 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Default Orgazmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpercino View Post
Orgazmo
Hmm interesting. It looks like a very good alternative to CC for those more interested in monster hunting. Is this all just theory-crafting or has it been play-tested?

I did some quick maths and you need to be level 760 to have 2k stamina, 500 energy and 500 attack. At that level you need 2 refills to level up, and you can fight about 65 serpents at 50 PAs each before leveling up; around 47.125 FPs per level, for a net gain of 27.125. After level 914 (154 levels later), this player will have to use 3 refills per level.

The level 360 character with 1k stamina, 500 energy and 500 attack can fight about 17 serpents at 50 PAs each before leveling up; around 19.575 FPs per level, for a net gain of 9.575. After level 492 (132 levels later), this player will have to use 2 refills per level.

I don't know how to do a graphic, but it would be interesting to see if the 1 refill per level (and then 2 refills/level) hurts the net gains of player 2 in the long term, or if both players end up having similar net FP gains for the same amount of serpents slain. If it's the former, then I could see how this could be a good build for a collector. If it's the latter, then it entirely depends on your preference: PvP or speed kills, because both builds can farm the same amount of FPs.

Last edited by EpiQC; 07-24-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:00 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
Great work EpiQC! Well organized and well written -- another "Sticky" candidate I'm thinking! Thanks for taking the time out from leveling to put this together!
Thanks, and you're welcome.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:49 AM
Adventurer

Thanks EpiQc, Well written and hopefully we can keep this one non-bias and plver orientated.

One Quick ? for everyone if I am shooting for a stamina build am I better off saving the one extra point per level for the next level or put it into attack if I already hit the 700+ energy

Last edited by ljt1; 07-24-2010 at 04:04 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:32 AM
Castle Age Baron

Nice Thread EpiQc...

This is very useful for the newbie who want to become a great and strong PvPer at the high end...

Just want to ask you some question...
1. At the high level, is the maximum energy can reach only at 2000 for refill ? Can it make to 4000 ?
2. Same with stamina, is the maximum stamina refill only at 1000 ?

Thanks for the advise...
BEST EQUIPMENT by Alpercino
WAR GUIDE by Khanvalescent

Tags
epic failed, epics wins!, farming, favor point, guide, power leveler, power leveling