Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age > Game Help & Strategies

Old 01-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Adventurer

Default Damage minimums to acquire rare drops from monsters

Forgive me if a thread like this has been started already, but I wanted to start this thread following my Demon Strength farm. I killed 32 Keiras and 7 Lotus before I got the DS to drop.

Basically, it should be apparent to most people that have farmed monsters that the more damage you do can influence the number of epic loots dropping. I found that a minimum of 65k-ish damage on Keira awarded me 1 epic drop each kill. So my strategy became put 65k on as many Keiras as possible, including my own summons. This never seemed to jeopardize the kill attempt FYI, so please don't accuse me of sandbagging.

I am posting this to help others get there Demon Strengths or Plates, but also, I am beginning to farm the Deathtouch Gauntlet. What is a good minimum damage to target for Lotus to receive 1 epic loot drop? I have been dealing 500k on Lotus, as it is the minimum to get the cheevo. This gives me 1 epic loot drop, but I was wondering if 400k might get me the same result. Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Castle Age Royalty

I'm on my 8th Lotus, 1.5 million into it already. Its mine and I'll probably end up doing 3 million plus. You're welcome to farm it if you'd like. http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/...mpool=1&ref=nf
I have no problem helping you with your research.

First, I'll say that depending on the group you are with 400 or 500k could be considered rude. Many people would like people who can do 750k to commit to it, since they have problems with the Lotus, and nobody likes to waste stamina.

Second, again depending on the group going over 1 or 1.25 million can also upset people since it might keep the stragglers from getting to 500k.

So, basically, farming the Lotus is different.

I'm now going to tell you about what hasn't happened. I've done lots of damage on the majority of the slayings. Over 2 million 4 times, because it needed to be done to make up for other people btw. I don't have the Death Touch Gauntlet, but I've seen people do 50k and get it twice, 157k and get it once, and 750k and get it four times. I just don't have any luck. Or maybe I should be doing 750k to three instead of 2.5 to one. But, anyway, that's what I've got.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Castle Age Royalty

I think the original poster understands that hitting the loot sweet spot doesn't necessarily meet the requirement to be a "good" attacker and do his part. He stated that. I am re-stating it so this thread doesn't turn into a debate about people being selfish and doing less than optimal damage. Let's keep it on track and discuss the sweet spots for each monster.

I'll list what I kind of use...

Keira: ~65K
Lotus: ~750K
Cronus: ~400K 1.4M seems to be a good sweet spot for loot as well for some reason... Might as well do at least 500K and get the credit for the killing in case more achievements come our way...
Dragon:
- Gold: ~125K for WoF, though it is ~60-80K for the true sweet spot...that is just my experience.
- Emerald: I never see these!
- Frost: I never fight these!
- Red: Does anyone care? JoF comes from other monsters easily.
Serpent:
- Emerald: Whatever you can get in before it dies...
- Sapphire: 350K
- Amethyst: 350K
- Ancient: 500K
Dark Legion: 750 Orcs Next tier seems to be about 1200 Orcs
Colossus: No idea
Meph: No idea
Sylvanas: No idea
Gildamesh: No idea
Old 01-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Castle Age Scribe

i got my death touch at 800k damage
Old 01-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Wim 3,401,246 dmg

You have been rewarded 1 demi points of Corvintheus!
You have been awarded with: Energy Potion! [attack: 0 defense: 0]
You have been awarded with: Energy Potion! [attack: 0 defense: 0]
You have been rewarded 2 demi points of Azeron!
You have been awarded with: Valerian Guard! [attack: 7 defense: 9]
You have been awarded with: Death Knight! [attack: 9 defense: 6]
You have been awarded with: Dwarven Battlemaster! [attack: 9 defense: 7]
You have been awarded with: Death Knight! [attack: 9 defense: 6]
You have been awarded with: Gift Phoenix! [attack: 20 defense: 16]
You have been awarded with: Greater Fireball! [attack: 6 defense: 1]
You have been awarded with: Demonic Armor! [attack: 5 defense: 8]
You have been awarded with: Holy Shield! [attack: 4 defense: 2]
You have been awarded with: Demonic Sword! [attack: 8 defense: 5]
You have been awarded with: Rune Axe! [attack: 8 defense: 6]
You have been awarded with: Rune Axe! [attack: 8 defense: 6]
You have been awarded with: Mountain Keep!
You have been awarded with: Castle!
You have been awarded with: Mountain Keep!

I'll let you know who got one this time, and how much damage they did.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:08 PM
Keeper of Lore

While I was farming Lotus, I always figured 800k was the right 'minimum'; pretty close to the 750k others have mentioned. I usually averaged between 800k and 1.5, and it was many Lotii (plural, ya' know, like Octopus, hehehe) before I got my DTG.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Castle Age Royalty

65k'ish on Keira for epic?

I just killed my 3rd Keira at 100k damage each without a single epic drop. With 35k damage, I received 1 common and 1 land.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:36 AM
Castle Age Royalty

With Lotus, you are allowed 15 attackers total, and She normally averages about 11 million total hitpoints. So that with a full list of attackers, each needs to average 750,000 damage to qualify as having done their share, with 500,000 damage needed to qualify for the Achievement Award.

500,000 is also the minimum damage for Achievement Award qualification on Hydra battles. While the so called Sweet Spot for damage on Hydras has been reported as being between 1.5 million and 2.0 million. That is from 3 - 4 times the achievement minimum. There have also been some reports of the Sweet Spot having some variance affected by the level of the player doing the damage.

I would suggest that the Sweet Spot for each monster (at least those included in the Achievement Awards) be an amount between 3 and 4 times the Award minimum.

Gildamesh and the Stone Guardian both amount to being Solo battles unless the player is only concerned with the minimum for Achievement
For Keira, that would hit roughly between 90,000 and 120,000.
Sylvanas, between 150,000 and 200,000
Lotus between 1.5 million and 2 million.

Dragons have been known, or considered, to have a sweet spot of between 100,000 and 150,000. But with an achievement minimum of 100,000, I would suspect from reports I've heard and from what I've seen that the sweet spot for these has increased. If it follows the same trend I've seen and heard for other monsters, then Dragons would now have a sweet spot between 300,000 and 400,000. I shall have to summon another Gold to test this for myself. My last summoned Gold I did about 180,000 damage and received, while good items and a few from the rare table, really nothing special, not even good land.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:43 AM
Castle Age Royalty

While nothing yet has been found and proven to affect a player's chance at receiving an epic drop from any single battle. It has been found that doing a larger amount of damage improves the length of the reward list. And the more chances you have at an epic drop gives you, overall, better odds of at least one item being an epic.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Adventurer

I am still finding that 500k on Lotus is getting me in the top half of damage done and awarding me a purple drop. Still no DTG.