Castle Age Forums  

Go Back   Castle Age Forums > Castle Age > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Default Blessing of Nature vs Tempest Storm

I just got my Moonfall amulet should I just continue praying to Aurora or try to get Tempest Storm? I am also done praying to Malekus and Azeron. I have 2036 Ambrosia points so more or less it would take about 25 days to get the tempest storm while if I continue praying to Aurora it would take 15 days for BoN. Both spells are awesome although as a monster hunter I prefer the tempest storm although Blessing of Nature is almost as good. So which of these two will you getting first if you are in my situation?

Also how are my stat as a monster hunter right now?

161 Max Energy -- Do more quests

359 Max Stamina -- Launch attacks

601 Attack -- Offensive might

11 Defense -- Defense power

I dont do pvp but my rank has accidentally hit the nobility tier when I did the 5000 invasion/duel achievement.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Castle Age Royalty

What's your current level?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Castle Age Royalty

I am @ 175
Old 03-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphling View Post
I just got my Moonfall amulet should I just continue praying to Aurora or try to get Tempest Storm? I am also done praying to Malekus and Azeron. I have 2036 Ambrosia points so more or less it would take about 25 days to get the tempest storm while if I continue praying to Aurora it would take 15 days for BoN. Both spells are awesome although as a monster hunter I prefer the tempest storm although Blessing of Nature is almost as good. So which of these two will you getting first if you are in my situation?

Also how are my stat as a monster hunter right now?

161 Max Energy -- Do more quests

359 Max Stamina -- Launch attacks

601 Attack -- Offensive might

11 Defense -- Defense power

I dont do pvp but my rank has accidentally hit the nobility tier when I did the 5000 invasion/duel achievement.
@LVL 175

BSI = 3.5
LSI = 5.0

Your build is consistent with that of a fast levelling hibrid --->
http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...ad.php?t=21439

You're good at monster hunting and can beat pure monster hunters on PvP.
Mind you, there are many PVPers on your level bracket so if you don't want to hide try not move "accidentally" up the ranks much further.

Don't worry too much about those spells. If you've got the Atlantean Forcefield you won't be missing too much until you get them all eventually.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Castle Age Royalty

In my personal opinion i think you should just aim for Tempest Storm, since its the best and also youll unlock more quests for more sp along the way as well as inc your lvling pace abit since your a monster hunter

We must all walk our own path. Even if it may be a dark path, hold everything in your heart and move forward.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Wolf View Post
In my personal opinion i think you should just aim for Tempest Storm, since its the best and also youll unlock more quests for more sp along the way as well as inc your lvling pace abit since your a monster hunter
I read this topic with interest as I am in a similar position. I should be getting the Moonfall Amulet once I pay my homage later today (if I can also get 9 more Aurora demi points from fortifying today) and then need to decide whether to stay with Aurora each day until I have the Blessings of Nature or begin to split my daily homage.

I am curious as to why you said Tempest Storm is the best though as I use

http://castleage.wikidot.com/best-in-game-armor-set

as my guide for which defensive equipment to aim for and that lists Blessing of Nature as the best defensive spell. (I do have a couple of Atlantean Forcefields already, continually fighting serpents for more, so they are getting me by for now.) I am just wondering if something is off on the Wiki or were you only talking attack based (I am only interested in defensive items) when you said Tempest is the best?

Thank you.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Castle Age Royalty

@morphling

I would stop praying to aurora and go ambrosia. Simply because of what artic wolf is suggesting. You'll have more quests to do for sp. Not only that, you already have a high hp count and since your bsi is really low for pvp you don't want to keep increasing it. Unless you hide, then it doesn't matter. But go for ambrosia.

Last edited by Defyeler; 03-08-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: I can't spell using my phone apparently.. :p
Old 03-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblinn View Post
I read this topic with interest as I am in a similar position. I should be getting the Moonfall Amulet once I pay my homage later today (if I can also get 9 more Aurora demi points from fortifying today) and then need to decide whether to stay with Aurora each day until I have the Blessings of Nature or begin to split my daily homage.

I am curious as to why you said Tempest Storm is the best though as I use

http://castleage.wikidot.com/best-in-game-armor-set

as my guide for which defensive equipment to aim for and that lists Blessing of Nature as the best defensive spell. (I do have a couple of Atlantean Forcefields already, continually fighting serpents for more, so they are getting me by for now.) I am just wondering if something is off on the Wiki or were you only talking attack based (I am only interested in defensive items) when you said Tempest is the best?

Thank you.
It's because he's an offensive build.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Atlantean Forcefield 10/17
Nature's Blessing 12/16
Tempest Storm 17/10

Nature's Blessing is +0.4 when defending and +1.3 when attacking compared to Atlantean.

Tempest Storm is not used in defence, but provides +2.1 when attacking. If I'm not mistaken, it would also give a (very slight) boost in damage in monster battles. Praying to Ambrosia also helps with leveling while you can still slowly accumulate Aurora points from monsters or daily pvp.

For these reasons, I would stop Aurora and go with Ambrosia instead.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Castle Age Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith View Post
Atlantean Forcefield 10/17
Nature's Blessing 12/16
Tempest Storm 17/10

Nature's Blessing is +0.4 when defending and +1.3 when attacking compared to Atlantean.

Tempest Storm is not used in defence, but provides +2.1 when attacking. If I'm not mistaken, it would also give a (very slight) boost in damage in monster battles. Praying to Ambrosia also helps with leveling while you can still slowly accumulate Aurora points from monsters or daily pvp.

For these reasons, I would stop Aurora and go with Ambrosia instead.
So reading this in reverse then (and reading Defyler's response re Artic Wolf's comment), I am taking it that Blessings of Nature is indeed the best choice to focus on for someone who is interested in only defending against being attacked by others and fortifying in monster battles.