Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Few suggestions for general alliances

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    Mischa is only useful for Clerics.

Sentinel has nothing to do with your damage rune, only the damage rune belonging to whoever is hitting the Sentineled target. Health Rune has nothing to do with Sentinel. The only use Health has when casting Sentinel at all is to let you absorb more damage by not dying so fast.

The absolute best alliance combination for Sentinel is Layla/Joan/Meekah. Next up is Tyrant/Joan/Meekah. Tyrant is a chest epic general with a stronger version of Joan's ability.

Meekah is absolutely mandatory for any Warrior General alliance. If you don't have Layla or Tyrant, then you'll want your 3rd general to have high stats, or use Daphne, Tora, or Krystalia if you may be hit at the same time.

Health is only important to Warriors prior to the beginning of battles. Oberon, Excelsior, and Vincent make for a decent pre-battle setup. Make sure your health rune is equipped prior to battle times as well.

Once battle starts, a Warrior's health rune only comes into play again if/when they are Revived. No health generals help at all once battle is in progress.
    I still don't understand well. I don't have Layla and definitely can't get it. I don't understand why I need meekah? This account isn't hitting one at all. All he does is to cast guardian on allies. What I want to know, how to protect allies better so my guardian can absorb more damage? Health rune and health generals would be good to boost my account's health so he doesn't die fast, but I still would prefer to protect my allies with better damage absorption. What do I need to do to accomplish it?

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

VoV is probably thinking of a player that is building a well-rounded out warrior, which can help both offensively and defensively. In that case, you wouldn't want to lose your confidence stacks when defending. If you're building the warrior just for sentinel, then stack health, and get tyrant and joan. I can't think of a third general that'd be useful except possibly Layla, or whatever your best defense general is.
    Last edited by zserg; 11-28-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Blog Entries

If the only function of the account is to Sentinel, then you have to develop Joan as high as possible, using any free rolls for a chance at Tyrant. Monkey King would be good, but other than that, go for stats.
    ~VoV~

If the only function of the account is to Sentinel, then you have to develop Joan as high as possible, using any free rolls for a chance at Tyrant. Monkey King would be good, but other than that, go for stats.
    Yes, we keep him in "Keep" tower and I used only for guardian. Yes, Joan is my main with 5 stars at this moment stuck at 54 level. I bought Oberon for additional health as FiveMinuteRule suggested and then for third general I'll try to roll the chest for Tyrent. Thanks all for replies.

Versions Of Violence protected Oliver for 1111 damage and resisted 1422 damage.

That was from a battle earlier today against Redemption.

I have a 3* Tyrant at level 59 and a 6* Joan at level 54, for a boost of Protect ally for addition 1023 health and resist additional 34 damage with Sentinel/Guardian.

Can anyone explain to me what the "protected" and "resisted" values mean exactly in practice?

Blog Entries

Protected damage is sent to the Warrior that cast Sentinel. Resisted is damage that goes nowhere.
    ~VoV~

Protected damage is sent to the Warrior that cast Sentinel. Resisted is damage that goes nowhere.
    Thanks!

So for instance in your previous example:
    "Versions Of Violence protected Oliver for 1111 damage and resisted 1422 damage"

Does that mean that since Resisted dmg > Protected dmg, neither you nor Oliver take any damage in this scenario?

Or do you take the 1111 dmg, and Oliver takes whatever damage is left if the attackers deals more than 1422 dmg in one blow (and nothing if it's under)?

Edit 2: I assume in this case you took 0 dmg, and Oliver probably still took quite a lot of damage because the attacker had a huge dmg rune for the resisted amount to be that high?

-------
    Edit:
    Tested a Sentinel in GB:

X is the guardian who cast Sentinel
    Y is the player I attacked with Sentinel on

X's HP initially: 46141/51047

Attack: "dealing 0 total damage to your enemy"
    "X protected Y for 424 damage and resisted 145 damage" => (protected dmg - resisted dmg) = -279

X's HP after the attack: 45862/51047 (-279)

So 145 dmg was completely nullified and 279 dmg was transferred from Y to X.

I assume 424 is the damage I would have dealt to Y if he hadn't been guarded? (yeah that's low )
    So if my dmg had been higher, X could have potentially protected for more damage than that depending on his Sentinel/Guardian skill and his General Alliance? And also resisted more than that depending mostly on my Damage Rune.

So I assume the protected damage was supposed to be higher than the resisted damage when the skill was introduced? But when the attacker has an insane Damage Rune the resisted damage can go higher.

(note to self:
    Max Sentinel power: "Protect for maximum of 250 health, Resist 20 damage + 20% of Attacker's Damage Rune"
    Tyrant lvl 69: Protect +666 Resist +25
    Joan lvl 75 5 stars: 824 Health Protect 25 Damage Resist)

-------
    Edit 3:
    Did a few successive hits (X was active though but I don't think that matters, and I don't think Y was);
    X protected Y for 399 damage and resisted 145 damage
    X protected Y for 382 damage and resisted 145 damage
    X protected Y for 382 damage and resisted 145 damage

So the protected amount slowly decreases (while the resisted amount never changes?) until I suppose it reaches 0 and the Sentinel disappears?

And then it can be cast again on the target? Or can you cast it again even if the target still has it, to "refresh" it?
    Last edited by gogoo; 12-02-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Blog Entries

As I said, that was in a GB against Redemption, so I'm certain the attacker had a massive Damage Rune to begin with.

Sentinel is tricky to understand exactly, because you have to monitor all hits on the people you Sentinel, to understand just what's happening. A single token used for Sentinel will last for multiple hits on the Sentineled target, though each hit is progressively harder, until the Sentinel is gone completely.

The Warrior casting Sentinel always takes the Protected Damage. The Resisted Damage just goes into the ether.

I have Sentinel 3, which is Protect for maximum of 250 health, Resist 20 damage + 20% of Attacker's Damage Rune. With my Joan & Tyrant combo alliance, I get Protect ally for addition 1023 health and resist additional 34 damage with Sentinel/Guardian. I don't know for sure whether Joan/Tyrant's ability boosts the amount of Resisted Damage Rune or not. Sentinel is a tricky ability to test, since it requires a minimum of 3 accounts in 2 different guilds (2 accounts in different guilds to actively test, the 3rd as the Sentinel target).

But with my Generals and Sentinel, it takes a sizable Damage Rune to even break through my Sentinels, to do any real damage on the target. Even a Warrior at maximum Confidence will have a hard time getting any real damage to the target for a few hits, which is hopefully enough time/tokens to stall for a few heals on them or me. It's even more powerful when used on targets in the Null gate, and in Conquest lands, where Warriors are unable to build Confidence at all. If the target is also using Daphne/Tora and/or Krystalia to defend, then the amount of Resisted Damage is boosted even more.

When Sentinel and its boosting Generals were introduced, there was no Damage Rune to consider and Generals maxed out at Level 4 abilities, with no Alliance or Promotions possible. Guild Battles were a lot different back then. Warriors didn't become the powerhouses they are until Runes were introduced, and Class Abilities were updated to include Rune boosts as well. Which is the main reason I absolutely refuse to go without my Damage Rune, even on 3x coin days. So I usually sit Tuesdays out completely.
    ~VoV~

Thanks for all the info!

A single token used for Sentinel will last for multiple hits on the Sentineled target, though each hit is progressively harder, until the Sentinel is gone completely.
    It doesn't always last the same number of hits?
    If not, I suppose it might depend on the caster's alliance and sentinel level and the attacker's damage... CA works in mysterious ways sometimes...

The Warrior casting Sentinel always takes the Protected Damage. The Resisted Damage just goes into the ether.
    In my example from a GB test, when "X protected Y for 424 damage and resisted 145 damage", Y took 0 dmg and X took 279 dmg which was exactly 424 - 145.
    So the caster doesn't take the full protected dmg, he takes the difference between the protected and the resisted dmg.
    And thus if resisted dmg > protected dmg, the caster shouldn't take any dmg.

From what I could see, Protected and Resisted dmg are not "separate". You can protect for a maximum amount => that's the dmg that is removed from the target (and if the attack's dmg < protect max amount, the target takes 0 dmg), and then before the caster takes this dmg to himself, you subtract the resisted dmg from the amount of protected dmg; and thus, if the attacker has a huge dmg rune, leading to a huge resisted amount, it may nullify the dmg to the caster (which might have never been intended to happen in the first place since damage runes didn't even exist at first).

That's my understanding of it now.

--------

In your example, you protect for a max of 1273 HP and resist for 54 dmg + 20% of Attacker's Damage Rune.

"Versions Of Violence protected Oliver for 1111 damage and resisted 1422 damage."
    1422 - 54 = 1368
    1368 / 0.2 = 6840
    That would mean that for this to happen, the attacker's dmg rune should give him +6840 dmg. No one has a rune like this, so I assume that was someone with his dmg rune boosted by Confidence for instance and so it looks like Sentinel's 20% resistance takes that boost into account, and not only the dmg rune base value.

Since you protected for 1111 dmg, I assume it wasn't the first hit on the target (otherwise he would have been protected for 1273 HP).

And if the attacker's dmg rune was giving him +6840 dmg, that means that Oliver took at least 6840 - 1111 = 5729 dmg from this attack? (not counting base dmg and maybe other stuff).
    And you (VoV) didn't take any damage because 1111 - 1422 < 0.

All in all, you reduced the dmg taken by Oliver by 1111, and didn't take any dmg yourself.

It's all "theoretical" thinking so I may be way off, idk.
    Last edited by gogoo; 12-03-2019 at 11:55 AM.

As I said, that was in a GB against Redemption, so I'm certain the attacker had a massive Damage Rune to begin with.

Sentinel is tricky to understand exactly, because you have to monitor all hits on the people you Sentinel, to understand just what's happening. A single token used for Sentinel will last for multiple hits on the Sentineled target, though each hit is progressively harder, until the Sentinel is gone completely.

I have Sentinel 3, which is Protect for maximum of 250 health, Resist 20 damage + 20% of Attacker's Damage Rune. With my Joan & Tyrant combo alliance, I get Protect ally for addition 1023 health and resist additional 34 damage with Sentinel/Guardian. I don't know for sure whether Joan/Tyrant's ability boosts the amount of Resisted Damage Rune or not. Sentinel is a tricky ability to test, since it requires a minimum of 3 accounts in 2 different guilds (2 accounts in different guilds to actively test, the 3rd as the Sentinel target).

But with my Generals and Sentinel, it takes a sizable Damage Rune to even break through my Sentinels, to do any real damage on the target. Even a Warrior at maximum Confidence will have a hard time getting any real damage to the target for a few hits, which is hopefully enough time/tokens to stall for a few heals on them or me. It's even more powerful when used on targets in the Null gate, and in Conquest lands, where Warriors are unable to build Confidence at all. If the target is also using Daphne/Tora and/or Krystalia to defend, then the amount of Resisted Damage is boosted even more.

When Sentinel and its boosting Generals were introduced, there was no Damage Rune to consider and Generals maxed out at Level 4 abilities, with no Alliance or Promotions possible. Guild Battles were a lot different back then. Warriors didn't become the powerhouses they are until Runes were introduced, and Class Abilities were updated to include Rune boosts as well. Which is the main reason I absolutely refuse to go without my Damage Rune, even on 3x coin days. So I usually sit Tuesdays out completely.
    Thx for information, however it's still a bit complicated for me to understand. I will ask one simple question. Do I need to work on my damage rune and increase it for my Guardian account? Will this protect my allies better? Since wiki says Sentinel/Guardian benefits from Damage rune.