Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Few suggestions for general alliances

Default Few suggestions for general alliances

And me again with my questions...

I need advice for some alliances:

I have 5 star Joan with huge health that uses Guardian skill. What's the recommended build for this alliance? I was thinking Joan/Excelscisor/Mischa? or maybe Joan/Deianira/Mischa, since Guardian benefits from damage rune?
    By the way, can anyone explain me, how exactly Guardian skill benefits from damage rune? If build has bigger damage rune and deianira in build and he casts guardian on a target and if someone attacks that target, he will receive less damage comparing to the situation if he wouldn't have deianira in build? Is this how it works? Also, if someone casts guardian on the Joan account who himself casts guardian on others and if no one hits him (let's say he's in Keep gate), will his health still continue to decrease when enemies hit targets that he cast guardian on? Anyway, which alliance is best for such build?

Another question: Are there any better generals for attack runes than Kolrath? He boosts very small percentage for attack. Is there any better alternative for him? I don't know what general to use for my mage who mostly confuses enemies. I put Syren (5 star), I put Gunevere (for physical pierce) and don't know what else general put as a third one. I was thinking about kolrath, but he's too weak. I don't think Deianira would be good, as he only confuses people unlike normal attacks and I would want to have bigger attack for him so he can have more chance of victory against higher level enemies. Maybe Remiel? Or do you have any better suggestion for this build?

Question about clerics... Which general is best for health rune? Mischa? I have shivak, which uses fortify and I read on wiki that this skill benefits from health rune. Should I try to get Mischa for him? Currently I got Sylphora for him from the chest but she seems inferior.
    Last edited by Ditendra; 11-26-2019 at 10:34 AM.

1) I don't really understand how Guardian/Sentinel works. I've never used it and it's not explained very well on the wiki IMO (https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Sentinel).
    However from what I can see, I don't think our damage rune helps? It only prevents damage from the opponent's dmg rune (the one that will attack the guarded player). Correct me if I'm wrong.
    So I think your alliance doesn't matter, only Joan and Tyrant help when casting this ability?

I'm also interested in hearing how Guardian/Sentinel works exactly.

2) If the only think you want to do is Confuse and have more chance at successfully doing it, I think as usual Pierce is better than some extra attack, so I'd suggest Remiel or Brakus.
    Maybe Ephraline for extra chance at Confuse? It probably won't add much though, but I suppose some of the ability will be transferred to the alliance? (to be verified).

3) I think Sylphora is the only good general who boosts Health Rune.
    Other Cleric generals are useful for specific abilities. And they can be allied with Sylphora for extra value (as far as I understand).
    For instance Mischa + Sylphora for extra healing with the Heal ability.
    Sylphora will also boost your passive healing I think.
    Fortitude is based on your target's Health Rune from what I read so it's your target which would benefit from having Sylphora. If the caster puts her behind Shivak it won't change anything as far as I can tell.

You can check all Cleric generals there:
    https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Gu...ted_Generals_4

And all Guild Battle generals there:
    https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Guild_Battle_Generals

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    1) I don't really understand how Guardian/Sentinel works. I've never used it and it's not explained very well on the wiki IMO (https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Sentinel).
    However from what I can see, I don't think our damage rune helps? It only prevents damage from the opponent's dmg rune (the one that will attack the guarded player). Correct me if I'm wrong.
    So I think your alliance doesn't matter, only Joan and Tyrant help when casting this ability?

I'm also interested in hearing how Guardian/Sentinel works exactly.

2) If the only think you want to do is Confuse and have more chance at successfully doing it, I think as usual Pierce is better than some extra attack, so I'd suggest Remiel or Brakus.
    Maybe Ephraline for extra chance at Confuse? It probably won't add much though, but I suppose some of the ability will be transferred to the alliance? (to be verified).

3) I think Sylphora is the only good general who boosts Health Rune.
    Other Cleric generals are useful for specific abilities. And they can be allied with Sylphora for extra value (as far as I understand).
    For instance Mischa + Sylphora for extra healing with the Heal ability.
    Sylphora will also boost your passive healing I think.
    Fortitude is based on your target's Health Rune from what I read so it's your target which would benefit from having Sylphora. If the caster puts her behind Shivak it won't change anything as far as I can tell.

You can check all Cleric generals there:
    https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Gu...ted_Generals_4

And all Guild Battle generals there:
    https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Guild_Battle_Generals
    Thanks for these links. As usual your reply was very useful
    Yeah, seems like I was right, Mischa seems best so far regarding health rune.
    Last edited by Ditendra; 11-26-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Mischa is only useful for Healing, an ability quite circumstantial.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadasmax View Post
    Mischa is only useful for Healing, an ability quite circumstantial.
    Doesn't she also provide more health and boost of your health rune?

No. Sylphora boost of your health rune. Mischa is useful for heal as Fadasmax pointed out. Mischa description is tricky, x% health rune for Heal.
    Last edited by biscuit; 11-27-2019 at 11:40 AM.

If you want more health for your guardian you can put Oberon in.
    I like Ginger Ale!

Quote Originally Posted by FiveMinuteRule View Post
    If you want more health for your guardian you can put Oberon in.
    Thank you. I think it's best 3rd general in alliance, well at least, I get some crazy amount of health rune.

Blog Entries

Mischa is only useful for Clerics.

Sentinel has nothing to do with your damage rune, only the damage rune belonging to whoever is hitting the Sentineled target. Health Rune has nothing to do with Sentinel. The only use Health has when casting Sentinel at all is to let you absorb more damage by not dying so fast.

The absolute best alliance combination for Sentinel is Layla/Joan/Meekah. Next up is Tyrant/Joan/Meekah. Tyrant is a chest epic general with a stronger version of Joan's ability.

Meekah is absolutely mandatory for any Warrior General alliance. If you don't have Layla or Tyrant, then you'll want your 3rd general to have high stats, or use Daphne, Tora, or Krystalia if you may be hit at the same time.

Health is only important to Warriors prior to the beginning of battles. Oberon, Excelsior, and Vincent make for a decent pre-battle setup. Make sure your health rune is equipped prior to battle times as well.

Once battle starts, a Warrior's health rune only comes into play again if/when they are Revived. No health generals help at all once battle is in progress.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 11-28-2019 at 12:45 AM.
    ~VoV~

Blog Entries

Versions Of Violence protected Oliver for 1111 damage and resisted 1422 damage.

That was from a battle earlier today against Redemption.

I have a 3* Tyrant at level 59 and a 6* Joan at level 54, for a boost of Protect ally for addition 1023 health and resist additional 34 damage with Sentinel/Guardian.
    ~VoV~