Thread: battle strangeness

Default battle strangeness

Just had a rather odd classic battle that had all the signs of "dodgy goings on" but that aside, we beat them very quick.
    What did puzzle me was one of their many ca_temps toons finishing with 404 points and two of their toons were above 200 health after we had beat them.

The two "non dead toons" I guess were mass healed just as we got in the kill shot but didn't beat the clock - but 404 points, how does that work out ?

2. Default

Sometimes when a person uses a token to heal (or guard or smokebomb etc.) at the exact same time (server time) as they get killed, the game lets them succeed on the healing action but only gives them partial points for it. I'm sure there's other reasons for partial points to be awarded, but that's one I've seen happen to me in Colosseum when everyone is spamming actions and the server has to register some of them at the same time.

that's what I thought - it was quite odd gameplay, enemy clerics casting mass heal seemingly in sync as a screen refresh would show them all incremented by 270 points

A person got the points half when using a token at the same time as he/she got killed, however the points missed the decimal number. The math shows a person should have 405 points instead of 404. 2(67.5) + 2(135) = 405, without decimal number 2(67) + 2(135) = 404

aha, yes - that would explain it, thanks