Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snakes need more health!

Blog Entries

Default Snakes need more health!

Ouroborus is hard enough to get in Mist. But only having enough room for barely 10 people to reach legendary damage is just crap.

The monster's health needs to be doubled, at minimum.
    ~VoV~

better if you just get 3 snakes to kill if you push the hard option.
    or the devs. set the snake free and make it summonable

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    better if you just get 3 snakes to kill if you push the hard option.
    or the devs. set the snake free and make it summonable
    Yeah that would be better. Smaller guilds would have a hard time killing them if they had double the Health.

The Legendary Mine could spawn two Ouroboros instead of one, to begin with.

Or what hansa said.

----------------------------------
    Edit:
    That's my 1,111th post
    Last edited by gogoo; 11-12-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Blog Entries

1) Smaller guilds shouldn't exist.
    2) A guild that can take down 3 Hard Level monsters in order to even get a damn snake will have absolutely no problems killing it.

So please base any arguments in reality.

More health per monster allows more people the opportunity to reach Legendary damage each time an Oroborealis appears. This is a different issue than how often they spawn.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 11-13-2019 at 01:53 AM.
    ~VoV~

1) who is talking about the size of guilds her? and why?
    2) i am talking about instead of getting 2 varg or other hard monster before the snake, make it a draw for snake at the time of pushing the hard button. if you hit lucky get 3 snakes instead of 2 "hard" and maybe a snake after them.
    this also allows for up to 3 times as many player pr draw.

so my arguments was base in reality.
    Last edited by hansa; 11-13-2019 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    1) Smaller guilds shouldn't exist.

So please base any arguments in reality.

More health per monster allows more people the opportunity to reach Legendary damage each time an Oroborealis appears. This is a different issue than how often they spawn.
    I'm offering a solution which works for everyone. What does it change whether you get 1 snake with 5m health or 2 snakes with 2.5m health each?
    That way guilds with fewer active players can still take one out of 2 if they prefer. Less chance of failing. And it doesn't change anything for bigger guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    2) A guild that can take down 3 Hard Level monsters in order to even get a damn snake will have absolutely no problems killing it.
    If you're referring to the fact that you need to kill 3 monsters to clear a hard explore, I think it's only the case for guilds with players of a very high average level. Most guilds need to kill 2. A snake with 5m health would be harder to kill than any 2 hard explore monsters (although 2 Vargs would come close, but you can also choose to explore another land if you get 2 Vargs).

Our guild is small. There are only ten toons capable of doing enough damage to clear a monster from hard explore. Same with Ouroboros. Often we invite guests to hit any snakes we summon, and it's hard enough to kill with 2.5B health. Increasing to 5B would make it impossible to kill without guest hitters.

Luckily we use the 2 snake summoning trick so we get 2 snakes for every hard monster we clear, assuming that a snake spawns.

Some of our guest hitters have already alchemized Maw of the Void, so snakes aren't a problem really for the top 10 guilds.

Blog Entries

[]Gogoo was talking about smaller guilds.

We have two entirely different goals in this matter. You want more snakes faster, I want more people to be able to take advantage of the snakes we actually get. My guild gets snakes quite frequently, so I really have no complaints on that. But they're dead in under 8 hours, and if an 11th person joins, it just screws over one of the 10 already in. There's never time for a slowkill, and no room for error.

I'm not opposed to doing both, but doubling the monster health is my main concern, which is why I made a thread. There are already threads discussing frequency of snakes and that it needs to be increased. So comments about that should be posted in any of those threads, instead of derailing this one with nonsense.

Increased frequency helps fewer people than my solution in the short term, and in reality only helps the people fast enough to notice there even is a snake, then join in and get their damage in. That's still 10 per monster. More monsters with no other changes would still only help those few reach the alchemies. Refills are required, and the urgency to get legendary damage creates unnecessary competition within guilds, and needless drama. Doubling the amount of health per monster allows more people to work on the alchemies and get them faster, reducing friction and aggravation in guilds.
    Last edited by zserg; 11-13-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    ~VoV~

My solution is not to increase the frequency of spawns, it's to increase the spawn numbers. From 1 to 2. One Legendary Mine, 2 snakes. Although Sixpence is mentioning a trick to get that all the time, so maybe you're also already getting 2 snakes every time. But I didn't know about that.

If you get 2 snakes at once, for "big" guilds it's almost exactly the same as getting 1 snake with double the health. I mean, when you're getting 1 snake after the other, monitoring who gets in the snake and whether the same players can join the next snake would be a pain.
    But if you get 2 snakes in 1 Legendary mine, you can just create a rule that 1 player can only join 1 of the 2 snakes in the land, and problem solved. Super easy rule to follow (you're not going to hit the 2 snakes by mistake), and super easy to monitor.

What I (and maybe others) are saying here is entirely on topic, btw. You're making a suggestion, and I'm saying this suggestion might cause an issue to some players/guilds.
    I'm also offering an alternative suggestion to solve this potential issue while still having the benefits of your initial suggestion (IMO).

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

VoV guild doesn't use any tricks to increase number of snakes per land.

And yes, suggestions tend to bring comments and discussions, don't take it so personally @VoV o.O