Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about Physical Pierce and resist

1. Default

I think of it more as my army than one main general. There are many many ways to set up your loadouts to optimise your game. To name a few that are common;

A health loadout, comprising (typically) generals such as Time Keeper, Oberon and Excelsior. Your battle health and class are set approximately 10 minutes before any guild or Colosseum battle. If you have your health loadout in place at this time, you can change to your normal battle loadout and keep the health bonus throughout the battle. This can be worth several thousand health.

A monster hunting loadout that contains your Hunter Path equipment and gems with +crit, +base attack

A single target damage loadout usually forfeiting someone like Attilius in favour of another +dmg general.

A pure pierce loadout for hard to hit enemies, at the expense of additional whirlwind or confidence damage.

A no-dmg-rune loadout so that you don't annihilate weak opponents before the rest of your squad get their tokens off - particularly on triple coin days

A suicide loadout that contains only +dmg generals, for when you're trying to grind down the last Colosseum opponent but you can't actually win a duel

There's more, but those are some that I find useful. Honestly, you're really restricting yourself by not using loadouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditendra View Post
    With that method, people will never know what hero you are using when playing (attacking), which kinda removes other hero personalities in this game except katherine... You understand what I mean, right?
    Generals are much less than equipment of pierce and resistance in battle and you never know what you are being attacked with. Some players are maximizing damage instead of pierce. That is why people use loadouts to have their best chance at winning when attacking or defending.
    Chimra

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    No it doesn't work like that at all.

It's just that your Resistance has no impact when you attack, and your Pierce has no impact when you defend.
    So essentially, your Katherine's power is useless when you attack, and your Guinevere's power is useless when you defend. But they have no negative impact.

Ideally you should make 2 different alliances, one for defending and one for attacking.
    For instance for attacking Guinevere - Brakus - Remiel and for defending Katherine - Hera - Azriel (those are just examples).

You can check your Keep to see what Pierce and Resistance you have with each loadout you use.
    All physical and elemental piercings are used when attacking, and all physical and elemental resistances are used when defending, and that's it.
    Yeah, this is also how I thought it was working. Good to know they don't have negative impact. I have 3 stars Katherine in alliance and if this is what my guild member told me, I was like "so I wasted my favor points for nothing...".

I don't want to switch through builds all the time when attacking and then when waiting until I get tokens. It's tiring for me. I can't decide using as my third general Katherine or Attilius. If I will have Katherine with that build and if someone attacks me, I will have more chance for winning with Katherine than with any attacking (non-physical resistance) general, right? I want to have balanced build a bit stronger when attacking and a bit stronger when defending, rather than being very strong when attacking but weak when defending.

Currently, I have those generals:

Guinevere - 5 stars, 45 level
    Meekah - 3 stars, 40 level
    Katherine - 3 stars, 27 level
    Attilius - 3 stars, 31 level
    Annika - 1 star, 20 level,
    Aurora - 1 star, 24 level
    Alloken the fallen - 1 star, 1 level
    Jessika the Jester - 1 star, 7 level
    Kanbe - 1 star, 12 level
    Zoltar - 2 stars, 15 level
    .... and I have some other heros, lazy to list all of them...

I usually play as a warrior. If you were me, what build would u use from those heroes?
    I just used that calculator you gave me link and made few comparisons between my builds. First I put alliance like this: Guinevere, Meekah, Attilius. Result was Effective attack: 7157, Effective defense: 5 125. Then I changed my alliance a bit and made like this: Guinevere, Meekah, Katherine and got following result: Effective attack: 7137, Effective defense: 5625.

As I see, my defense boosted quite well with Katherine, while with Attilius, attack boosted a bit, even though Attilius is a bit bigger level - 31, while my kath is - 27.

I don't want to play with loadouts. It seems tiring for me. I wanna stick with one build. How do you think, I just want your opinion, which option would be more effective in guild battles. My alliance with Attilius which gives me a bit more attack and does more damage to surrounding enemies or my alliance with katherine which gives me more efficient boost in defense and degrades my attack a bit and I won't damage well surrounding enemies with her. How do you think, will be more efficient alliance when doing battles?
    Last edited by Ditendra; 11-07-2019 at 10:08 AM.

thier is no good advise to give you wenn it comes to using generals if you will not use load-outs. beside maybe go for raising youre balance generals then.
    i myself play warrior to. i think i have about 15 loadouts for that class alone. each of them giving me some kind off bonus for its use.
    eksample: my pre-battle load-out gives me 31000 in battle health. without it i will only have about 15000 battle health. so the higher youre level/general level the more important each part of the game becomes.

I just used that calculator you gave me link and made few comparisons between my builds. First I put alliance like this: Guinevere, Meekah, Attilius. Result was Effective attack: 7157, Effective defense: 5 125. Then I changed my alliance a bit and made like this: Guinevere, Meekah, Katherine and got following result: Effective attack: 7137, Effective defense: 5625.

As I see, my defense boosted quite well with Katherine, while with Attilius, attack boosted a bit, even though Attilius is a bit bigger level - 31, while my kath is - 27.

I don't want to play with loadouts. It seems tiring for me. I wanna stick with one build. How do you think, I just want your opinion, which option would be more effective in guild battles. My alliance with Attilius which gives me a bit more attack and does more damage to surrounding enemies or my alliance with katherine which gives me more efficient boost in defense and degrades my attack a bit and I won't damage well surrounding enemies with her. How do you think, will be more efficient alliance when doing battles?
    As hansa said, there's no good advice to give you. Loadouts are super easy to use, and take absolutely no time to use once set up (and setting up a loadout should take a few minutes at most). It actually takes a lot more time to simply switch a general without using a loadout.

If you don't want to use them anyway, in the case you're asking about, Kath vs Attilius, it's only up to you whether you want to deal more damage or win more defensive duels. I can't tell you what is best, it's just your choice.
    However you can decide by checking whether usually you get killed quickly in battle or not. If you usually don't even get killed during a GB, then there's not much point in using Kath. And if even by using Kath you're still not strong enough to bounce anyone, or very rarely, it's still probably better to go for more damage. If you notice you do bounce people sometimes, then maybe using Kath can be useful.

On another note, loadouts can't change a general alliance (which is the only feature that's really missing from them and would be super helpful), so anyway if you want to keep Guinevere as the master at all times you indeed have to choose between Kath and Attilius.
    Last edited by gogoo; 11-07-2019 at 12:03 PM.

i still have problems trying to understand it. all i really know is get as much of each and that should be good. i am not in a monster hunter guild so i do not have Electrum ingots. best thing is working on Chaos campaigns and getting to epics. i havenot invested in Kathrine. i like The Time Keeper, Hera alliance the best. time keeper is free and so its a slow build. hera also free. if any one else has more advice that would be awesome. i still don't know how to use the calculator for these.
    Army code A26200. Castle age is the only game I play on the Computer.
    I don't Facebook. so please put all info in forums please. I am in a Guild.
    Castle age player since July 2010. level 1247 on 11/03/2019

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    No it doesn't work like that at all.

It's just that your Resistance has no impact when you attack people
    FTFY

It does with Monsters that create Shades. OP's question might make this irrelevant since it is not asking in this direction but it does in certain places in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by c.lee.r View Post
    i still have problems trying to understand it. all i really know is get as much of each and that should be good. i am not in a monster hunter guild so i do not have Electrum ingots. best thing is working on Chaos campaigns and getting to epics. i havenot invested in Kathrine. i like The Time Keeper, Hera alliance the best. time keeper is free and so its a slow build. hera also free. if any one else has more advice that would be awesome. i still don't know how to use the calculator for these.
    How is Hera free?
    I like Ginger Ale!

Quote Originally Posted by FiveMinuteRule View Post
    How is Hera free?
    well in all actuality no general is free. it costs you in time it takes. your question is is how Hera is free? i got a legendary chest that is did not have to spend a penny on.

i used all full refills that is had received from different things, daily rewards, favor points from killing monsters, free refills that devs give out.

i have not bought anything since June and already i have 19 full stamina refills and 207 small 10 point stamina saved.
    i think i am just going to save them until the next moonlight dragon and i should have a lot more by then.
    just going to pick and choose my events.
    also have 680 FP saved up(working on my 7*meekah and 6*barb(need only 2 more for 7*))
    Army code A26200. Castle age is the only game I play on the Computer.
    I don't Facebook. so please put all info in forums please. I am in a Guild.
    Castle age player since July 2010. level 1247 on 11/03/2019

Quote Originally Posted by ☾ṡἅṋḭẗḕḕ☽ View Post
    FTFY

It does with Monsters that create Shades. OP's question might make this irrelevant since it is not asking in this direction but it does in certain places in the game.
    True, definitely noteworthy

i like The Time Keeper, Hera alliance the best. time keeper is free and so its a slow build. hera also free. if any one else has more advice that would be awesome.
    I think the best would be Layla-TTK-Hera, but I assume you're using Layla in another alliance and it would be a real pain to change her alliance every time.
    Other than that, Azriel is probably the only hero that would complete this alliance well, but she's an Epic chest general.
    So if those 2 options are out, I'd say just put your general with the best stats as Master or Primary Link of your def alliance.

i still don't know how to use the calculator for these.
    You don't need to understand how things work to use the calculator (if you're referring to this).
    Just equip an alliance/equipment, put your stats and pierce/resist values in the spreadsheet and then look at the results under the tables (Effective Attack and Defense).
    Then to compare with another alliance/equipment, equip the other alliance/equipment and enter your stats again. Look at Effective Attack and Defense again and see if it's better or worse.