Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trundle got fixed! - Ability values gathering #2

Quote Originally Posted by pull lead View Post
    .....how tough could it have been to test him ahead of time?
    about as tough as waiting to see now the discussions went before spaffing your resources on him?

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Seemed obvious from the first day that it was broken ... (And still is apparently )

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    As it is his defensive ability is currently boosted by a factor 100 and causing literally thousands of damage to be prevented per hit. I've seen numbers as high as 70k+ damage prevented in a single hit.

This is obviously not as intended and will be looked at still by Gaea.
    Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    Seemed obvious from the first day that it was broken ... (And still is apparently )
    This defensive bug got fixed pretty fast, roughly 24 hours after the first Trundle fix/nerf (great to see they can act quite quickly when the issue is game-breaking).

And about his fix/nerf, to me it was obvious that Trundle was bugged, which is why I told everyone about it on the forums and Discord, because I know some players like to level up and invest resources in new generals very quickly (which can be understandable). However what I wasn't sure about at all was whether Gaea would actually take the time to fix him...

And even though for this reason it looked a lot safer to me to wait a bit and see what happens before starting to level up Trundle, the blame is still to be put on Gaea. They didn't share any information. They could have released a quick statement as soon as they realized Trundle was bugged (and there were reports about it from the day he was released).

However, at least Trundle definitely isn't worthless at all, and frankly he can be much better than Jera, so at least there's that. I think for many players, resources invested in him won't be lost. However resources invested in generals such as Jera may be, since Trundle is now more likely to replace her rather than being allied with her (though her flat +dmg still transfers fully). But for most players they've been using Jera or Deianira for years so it's not like they had just started investing resources in her at the same time as Trundle.
    So basically we're experiencing the same scenario with Trundle and Jera as with Moonlight Dragon and Dolomar (except Moonlight Dragon wasn't bugged).

But still, I know some players lost time and resources and once again, that's Gaea's fault. The bug was their fault, the absence of information was their fault.
    And even though it's the safer choice, we shouldn't have to assume a general isn't working as intended when released, and have to wait and see what happens without being given any information. And not everyone looks for info on the forums or on Discord.
    Last edited by gogoo; 10-10-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Blog Entries

There has been no official word given from Gaea in any manner about Trundle's changes. No warning beforehand. No input asked from the community.

Yes, Trundle was bugged at release. That bug consisted of screwing up the text in any alliance Trundle became a part of. That bug needed to be fixed.

Anything other than that change should have come with an OFFICIAL warning to all, as soon as the powers that be began looking into that possibility. Period.

This is another example of horrible customer service.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 10-10-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    ~VoV~

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    about as tough as waiting to see now the discussions went before spaffing your resources on him?
    So, as a customer, I should expect to get a new general, check the message board to see a bunch of people debating if the general is broken or not and base my decision to invest into him without any indication from the company that they intend to change him? You must not understand much about business.
    Last edited by pull lead; 10-10-2019 at 09:18 PM.

i am just waiting for the devs. to fix the bug white Masilda's ability. because that clearly was also wrong :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pull lead View Post
    So, as a customer, I should expect to get a new general, check the message board to see a bunch of people debating if the general is broken or not and base my decision to invest into him without any indication from the company that they intend to change him? You must not understand much about business.
    After nine years as a customer you expect them to suddenly change? I agree with your thought process for what to expect from most businesses, but you have been playing since 2010. If I were you, the only disappointment I would have would be in myself expecting things to be different than the prior nine years
    Chimæra

Blog Entries

On the bright side, with no new battle seasons, Trundle is basically useless anyway. Farmville4Life *****es!
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 10-11-2019 at 01:31 AM.
    ~VoV~

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    I agree that when changes that affect people resources wasted will cause anger backlash. Perhaps, some compensation from the CA devs team to everyone will ease the tension. I will not suggest what that compensation should be b/c a) it is too hard to determine what should be fair; and b) I do not wish to be accused of by some trolls that I am being opportunistic and try to get free stuffs for everyone. Still something should be done by CA team when this kind of boo-boo happens.
    I agree that compensation should be given. Unlike you I -will- suggest what that compensation should be.

Gaea should give everyone who owns Trundle a refund on any and all resources spend on this general -before- his ability was changed. Restoring gems may be difficult and even impossible but at least Gaea should be able to refund any and all resources spent (potions, crystals, etc) on Trundle before the change was made. I don't consider that "free stuff" I consider that "Oops! our bad! Here, let us make up for it!"

(Before you start about croaking toads or singing crickets or whatever, I am seriously agreeing with you and I seriously want all Trundle owners to get "free stuff". Yes, you may check for flying pigs or hell freezing over.)
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by thomasj8 View Post
    After nine years as a customer you expect them to suddenly change? I agree with your thought process for what to expect from most businesses, but you have been playing since 2010. If I were you, the only disappointment I would have would be in myself expecting things to be different than the prior nine years
    Good news!

Two (almost three!) years ago the devs suddenly changed!

We got an entirely new dev team when Kabam sold us to Gaea.

Please do spread the word because sadly too many people are not aware of this and are blaming and judging Gaea for the seven years that they -did NOT own and ran the game-.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max