Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Off-Hand are you using for attacking, and for defending?

Default What Off-Hand are you using for attacking, and for defending?

So for most equipment types it's easy to choose what to use for attack and what to use for defense.

But when it comes to Off-hands, the Flamebound Destroyer is the very best for both attacking and defending (and I don't have it yet), since it's the only Off-hand with 2 slots and it accepts both offensive and defensive Gems.

Although it has defensive stats (resistance, no pierce), there are other Off-Hands with good Resistance, while the Off-Hands with Pierce are pretty bad.

So what's your style?

1) Flamebound Destroyer for defense,
    and Elite Warbringer Shield or Gorgon Protector for attack.

2) Flamebound Destroyer for attack,
    and Flamebound Defender or Gorgons Heart for defense.

Are there also other pieces of equipment which create kind of a dilemma for you?
    Last edited by gogoo; 10-02-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Don't have the Destroyer just yet so use the Defender for def, and for atk use Elite shield - shield works OK as I have quite a good fire+phys pierce epic gem for it.
    Have a few more alchemies nearly done so then I'll have a kit shuffle and re-appoint my gems....

easy choice: flamebound for defence/gorgon proctor for MH/elite shield for attack

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    easy choice: flamebound for defence/gorgon proctor for MH/elite shield for attack
    So you'd rather put a Legendary Gem in your MH loadout than in your PvP attack loadout?

And you'd say Gorgons Heart is not worth going after?

Attack: Elite Warbringer Shield + Epic Gem
    Defense: Flamebound Destroyer + Epic Gem + Electrum
    Hunt: Elite Dragonslayer Bow + Epic Gem

Future changes:
    Attack: I will replace Warbringer for Gorgon Protector once I get a good offensive Legendary gem.
    Defense: no changes.
    Hunt: I will replace Dragonslayer for Gorgon's Heart once I get a good hunter Legendary gem.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    It is worth it if you are a heavy spendy who will be able to create many legendary gems. As a moderate spender it isn't worth it to me. Epic gems are often better than legendaries, so I will use the elite shield that has 5 more PP and a slot, and chase other items.
    Chimæra

So you'd rather put a Legendary Gem in your MH loadout than in your PvP attack loadout?

legendary gems are over rated :-)
    no i do atm. not have any gems that will make it better :-) so yup gorgons heart is collecting dust in my keep

Quote Originally Posted by thomasj8 View Post
    It is worth it if you are a heavy spendy who will be able to create many legendary gems. As a moderate spender it isn't worth it to me. Epic gems are often better than legendaries, so I will use the elite shield that has 5 more PP and a slot, and chase other items.
    I'm planning on doing the same as you describe, but I think you got Gorgon Protector and Gorgons Heart mixed up.

Gorgons Heart: +80 Physical Resistance
    Gorgon Protector: +25 Physical Pierce

Gorgon Protector will probably never be interesting for me as I don't even own a single Legendary Gem for now (I don't even have enough Epic Gems), pretty much same scenario as you described.
    Gorgons Heart might be interesting, but only if you use Flamebound Destroyer for attacking I think.

@hansa btw why not using Elite Dragonslayer Bow for MH? 2% crit + an Epic crit gem gives more crit than just a Legendary crit gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    Hunt: Elite Dragonslayer Bow + Epic Gem

Future changes:
    Hunt: I will replace Dragonslayer for Gorgon's Heart once I get a good hunter Legendary gem.
    Same question as for hansa.
    And while thinking about it, I realize this change is probably only worth it if you get a Legendary Gem with both +crit AND +agg. gen. boost. Is that what I was missing?
    Would a +crit +boost Legendary Gem on its own be better than the Elite Dragonslayer Bow with a +crit +boost Epic Gem? Maybe if you have a MH alliance with very big stats?
    Have you done the math on that?

Edit:
    hansa just replied while I was writing this post
    legendary gems are over rated :-)
    no i do atm. not have any gems that will make it better :-) so yup gorgons heart is collecting dust in my keep
    So you're currently using Elite Dragonslayer Bow for MH?
    Last edited by gogoo; 10-03-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Gorgon's Heart has more att than gorgon proctor, and PP pretty useless in MH...

I'm planning on doing the same as you describe, but I think you got Gorgon Protector and Gorgons Heart mixed up.

Gorgons Heart: +80 Physical Resistance
    Gorgon Protector: +25 Physical Pierce

Gorgon Protector will probably never be interesting for me as I don't even own a single Legendary Gem for now (I don't even have enough Epic Gems), pretty much same scenario as you described.
    Gorgons Heart might be interesting, but only if you use Flamebound Destroyer for attacking I think.
    You are correct, I was questioning the value of going for Gorgon Protector. I have had Gorgon's Heart for years, recently replaced by Flamebound Destroyer.
    Chimæra