Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Is CA / Gaea releasing too many generals at once?

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    With 105 stamina, I just did 8,731,234 dmg on a Hydra. That included exactly 1 crit out of the 7 3x5 hits.

This is my Barby alliance:

Not great, but it is what it is.
    8.7 mil dmg / 105 stamina is 83,154 dmg per 1 stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Let's say I use 2,060 stamina to deal 200M damage on a Vargulis.

Let's say it's a slow day and you only need 800M dmg to end up in the top 100.
    That would be 8,240 stamina used (and frankly, that's with an extremely good MH alliance, unless you get +50% dmg from stance bonus, then it's "just" a good+ MH alliance - but not all mobs have Stance bonuses).

And being in the top 100 would give you 2 red and 2 green crystals.

8,240 stamina would mean 64 essence drops.
    Red Crystals, drop rate 20%: 12.8 potential crystals.
    Green Crystals, drop rate 15%: 9.6 potential crystals.

In both cases, we're well above the 4 Crystals from the top 100.
    Even if you could reach top 50 for 8 crystals, you'd get more crystals on average from the drops.

I really don't see how hitting on non-crystal days to reach top 100 more easily would be a good strategy to get more crystals. In the end, you'd get much less from your leaderboard rewards than you would have gotten by using the same amount of stamina on green/red crystals days.

Ofc, you can combine both. Hit on red/green crystals days, AND reach the leaderboards for extra rewards. But these clearly would be a side dish, not the main course.

Furthermore, to reach the top 100 on any day, you need to refill. Even if you're not a PvP build; and unless you're a very high LSI build and can level up without refilling.
    And not everyone refills regularly, and many even never buy refills/potions. For instance, I almost exclusively use accumulated Full Potions during events (And during events, it's harder to be on the Monster Leaderboard).

Also, I believe I've used numbers that are really in favor of the leaderboard strategy: I think very few players can deal 200M dmg from 2,060 stamina, and 800M to be in top 100 is not realistic every day.

Let me know if anything is wrong in my reasoning.
    If it is correct, I really don't see how the Leaderboard is a great way to earn Crystals.
    IMO it's just good for a few extra rewards
    , and that's assuming you have a great MH alliance.
    1. You can only get red crystals on Sun & Monday BEFORE monster leaderboard dmg. Now you can get red crystals ANY DAY of the week. Big improvement.

Before, LSI monster builds HAD TO TIME WHEN TO LEVEL UP on Sunday & Monday. Now, they can time their level any day of the week.

2. You can always double dip: get red crystals on Sunday & Monday AND more crystals from leaderboard.

In summary: example #1 gives you red crystals on more days & example #2 shows leaderboard gives extra red crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    Well I hit an Alexandra today and I think I started at 1.5 mill per 60 stam, and after Barb charged a bit I was probably doing closer to 1.8 .

Even with 30 % crit rate (and I am not sure I have that much when including gear and base rate), that doesn't add up to more than 40 mill over a 950 stm refill.

Unless my math is horribly wrong. (But it does seem to more or less match expectations based on previous experiences)
    Did you lose your Arena bonus on mobs?

We’re you getting 15% extra dmg before when you were in Aki II?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    8.7 mil dmg / 105 stamina is 83,154 dmg per 1 stamina.
    And is that any good? Cuz even 2300 stamina isn't enough for legendary on Vargulis. So I have no idea if Im even close to where I need to be or not.
    ~VoV~

And is that any good? Cuz even 2300 stamina isn't enough for legendary on Vargulis. So I have no idea if Im even close to where I need to be or not.
    over time 1800 stamina shld be enough for 210m on vargulis.

Another way is to hit at 30-50%
    Last edited by baoyutaohuagong; 09-30-2019 at 04:57 AM.

I decided to go for top 50 tonight.
    200 stam hits like this help

Retired ☠ⓦ☠ⓑ☠ Wim Wall landed a CRITICAL HIT on Cronus, The World Hydra hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[50,819,147]! Critical damage is increased by 18% due to hero power! Cronus, The World Hydra dealt 3 damage.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

#1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baoyutaohuagong View Post
    over time 1800 stamina shld be enough for 210m on vargulis.

Another way is to hit at 30-50%
    Over time? No. Specific actions have to be taken to improve damage per stamina. I'm beyond the point where adding skill points to attack would help, so all that remains is improvements on gear & generals.

And again, any significant improvement will take me a minimum of 3 successful Meteorite events, minimum.
    ~VoV~

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    Did you lose your Arena bonus on mobs?

We’re you getting 15% extra dmg before when you were in Aki II?
    Err yeah I suppose I did. Started my current guild from scratch after leaving AWII.

Cronus the world hydra is different from all other mobs, can't really use it as a base to figure out damage on Vargulis.

It's more than I get on non-cronuses, but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Hydra is good for damage, but it drop nothing useful, no essence/powder/crystal. for me the problem is lack of hero crystal...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Suen View Post
    Hydra is good for damage, but it drop nothing useful, no essence/powder/crystal. for me the problem is lack of hero crystal...
    There is a cheat involving Hydra’s since you can get over-damage. You can get much more dmg than the actual health of the Hydra.