Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to next level calculator

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Default Time to next level calculator

Nothing fancy, I made this for a friend(because I couldn't find the previous one I made ) and thought maybe other people would find it useful as well:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Make a copy of the spreadsheet to use it.

Also includes refills
    Last edited by zserg; 09-20-2019 at 10:15 AM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    Nothing fancy, I made this for a friend(because I couldn't find the previous one I made ) and thought maybe other people would find it useful as well:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Make a copy of the spreadsheet to use it.

Also includes refills
    Thanks Z. I was looking for something like this recently.

Blog Entries

I'm over 7 years away from reach level 2k. Ugh.
    ~VoV~

4. Default

24 energy per hour = 31.2 xp per hour
    24 stamina per hour = 52.8 xp per hour
    divide experience to next level by 84 to find your number of hours needed to next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpence View Post
    24 energy per hour = 31.2 xp per hour
    24 stamina per hour = 52.8 xp per hour
    divide experience to next level by 84 to find your number of hours needed to next level.
    1. That is for those without MK

2. I’ve stated for years XP from quests via energy is deterministic; but XP from stamina hitting via mobs has a stochastic element. So dividing “XP to next level by 84” DOES NOT give you hours needed to next level; it cannot do such due to stochastic element. Instead, it gives EXPECTED hours needed.

In math, you cannot give a deterministic answer in this situation. I am not splitting hairs. I cannot tell how many times people fall short because XP from stamina was woefully below expectations. I am not talking a little off, I am talking as much as 12+ hours off. That is why you use stamina first and then make adjustments via quests.

Blog Entries

An expected approximation is all that this is meant to be.

If you can do better, then let's see it.
    ~VoV~

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    An expected approximation is all that this is meant to be.

If you can do better, then let's see it.
    sixpence made no such claims on approximation because I read no such claims in his/her post.

I will tell you before MK, I would be +300 to -300 XP vs target.

With MK, I would +1,000 to -1,000 XP vs target and that was the main motivation of my reply to sixpence.

MK adds stochastic to deterministic XP to energy quests and another layer of stochastic to the already stochastic in Stamina to XP in mob hunts. In plain English, before MK quests wasn’t a moving target and now it’s a moving target; XP from mob hunts goes from the pedestrian shooting clay targets to shooting down missiles.

It’s nice to be 1,000 XP over (vs target) but when I was 1,000 XP short and did not want to wait the 12 hours of regen, I have used a full stamina refill & use OK and said f*ck this sh*t.

It wasn’t bad before MK because I kept enough 10 energy pot to cover the 300 XP shortfall. But I don’t have enough 10 energy pots to cover 1,000 XP shortfall.

In summary, it’s what I have stating since joining CA:
    - USE stamina first to eliminate the stochastic while leveling up
    - USE quests to adjust for XP short falls, i.e. you stop doing 1.3 XP to energy quests and start doing 1.75 XP to energy quests when it’s clear you aren’t going to level up. [If you have too many energy left for XP to level up, just use Barb, Malvus, etc to burn those extra energy and start the next level with fewer XP requirements to level up].
    (The above is an expansion explanation of one sentence comment in my reply to sixpence).

8. Default

dude, mellow out. you can get an eta by dividing xp to level by 84 in hours to level up. this assumes excavation quests 1.3 xp/energy and 2.2 xp/stam return. as you approach 0 xp to level you can do WAR for 3 xp/stamina and you can do Cefka for 1.75 xp per energy to make up for shortfalls due to random number generator. You can also do 10 stamina hits on monsters to better approach expected xp/stamina returns instead of larger 200-1000 stamina hits where there is more variance. you can also set your level up times to once in 4 days and waste excess energy which i do normally anyway.

Blog Entries

Ok dude. You can either take all those words and make a spreadsheet I can put real numbers into, or you can shove em.
    ~VoV~

10. Default

calling 'ninja' on the word 'dude'!