Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monkey King not working?

1. Default

Finally got Monkey King to work on a 100 energy hit on a Genesis. So that is working. Now to check stamina.
    Monkey King is working just fine in duels, guild battles, etc.

My side thought with all this is, there's been talk of Monkey King not working on the Moonlight Dragon. As I started to go thru thousands of stamina and energy on Ouroborus without getting any Monkey King action, I wondered if something got set on Moonlight Dragon that also ended up affecting other unique type monsters.
    Last edited by WitnessMe!; 09-21-2019 at 02:41 AM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WitnessMe! View Post
    Finally got Monkey King to work on a 100 energy hit on a Genesis. So that is working. Now to check stamina.

My side thought with all this is, there's been talk of Monkey King not working on the Moonlight Dragon. As I started to go thru thousands of stamina and energy on Ouroborus without getting any Monkey King action, I wondered if something got set on Moonlight Dragon that also ended up affecting other unique type monsters.
    After 13 10-energy fortifies on Ouroboros Monkey King triggered, so he's working.

My Monkey King (11.63%) has not proc'd once on Moonlight Dragon. He's working fine on everything else though.

Now I just went thru 4500 stamina and 2000 energy on an Ouroboros, at 100 stamina hits, and Monkey King never triggered. Even with falling under the curve possibilities, this seems off.
    I was bored.

Just an FYI. Earlier you went 0 for 50.

Now you went 0 for 45 assuming MK buff is still at 3.9%. P(X=x) is 16.69%, which makes perfect sense it would be larger area under the curve than when you went 0 for 50.

But I want to take opportunity to stress:
    1. What Da Wimsta stated how he did not know if MK was working or not. So unless someone takes careful notes, it’s easy to miss MK’s buff. I did not see you make those clicks so I have no comments.
    2. Human nature of NOT reporting positive variance events but complaining when things don’t well. I like Barathor’s comment in this thread because it reinforces “Reporting Biases” we get in this forum. Unbeknownst to you, you advised us how MK’s buff work in a few to a dozen hits when his actual hit ratio averages 1 in 25+ hits.

5. Default

Finally got some Monkey action with Mr. Corvintheus as our third. After 2200 energy at 100 hits, and 1000 stamina at 50 hits.
    Now to go get some from Ouroborus.....

Finally got some Monkey action with Mr. Corvintheus as our third. After 2200 energy at 100 hits, and 1000 stamina at 50 hits.
    Now to go get some from Ouroborus.....
    my MK works all the time
    Army code A26200. Castle age is the only game I play on the Computer.
    I don't Facebook. so please put all info in forums please. I am in a Guild.
    Castle age player since July 2010. level 1243 since 10/13/2019

7. Default

My Monkey King is also working on nearly everything except for these big unique monsters, like Ouroborus and Moonlight Dragon. Moonlight, I'm not even trying. I think I'm done with Ouroborus, as I have enough for legendary now. Last night I put in 800 more stamina, and nothing. Then, I did an Ogrimus, and had Monkey King action twice in 1000 stamina at 50 per hit.
    Its just these big special monsters that seems off. Granted, Moonlight Dragon will be gone soon, and Ouroborus doesn't come around that often.

My Monkey King is also working on nearly everything except for these big unique monsters, like Ouroborus and Moonlight Dragon. Moonlight, I'm not even trying. I think I'm done with Ouroborus, as I have enough for legendary now. Last night I put in 800 more stamina, and nothing. Then, I did an Ogrimus, and had Monkey King action twice in 1000 stamina at 50 per hit.
    Its just these big special monsters that seems off. Granted, Moonlight Dragon will be gone soon, and Ouroborus doesn't come around that often.
    You don’t get it.

1. Da Wimsta just got his MK and complained there is no banner so no confirmation that MK buff work on that click. So unless you audited the clicks, it’s very easy to miss the buff.
    - for example, it takes 1,800 energy to finish an excavation to level 4. If I started with 2,000 energy, then I should be left with 200 energy. However if I ended with 500 energy, then MK’s buff saved me 300 energy or 6 clicks at 50 energy a click.
    - when I trade essence, I trade 10 clicks at a time and note my starting energy. If I didn’t use 1,000 energy at 100 energy per click, then MK buff worked. Before, I audited the clicks since each trade was record in trade essence section:
    - when I hunt mobs, I hit 60 stamina for 600 stamina at a time and if the attack log says 12 hits, then MK buff fired off twice.

In summary, since your buff at 3.9% is small, it’s easy to miss the buff working (again, there is no banner, no confirmation, etc). I am not going to call you a liar because I didn’t see your clicks so I have no comment. And, I am in the other camp that stated MK has worked for me in Ouroboros. I didn’t hit Moonlight enough so I don’t enough data to form an opinion.

2. You have a problem that known as “reference point” from behavior finance. Here’s a nice article about biases due to bad reference points: https://www.cnr.com/insights/article...ance-2018.html

You started a post based on your IGNORANCE of the average success rate for MK buff at 3.9%. You stated “That is very unusual, as Monkey King usually triggers every several to dozen hits or so.“. At 3.9%, your hit rate averages once in 25+ tries (at 4%, it’s 1 in 25 on average).

Here is the point, because you developed a bias based on your ignorance (that MK buff ought work quickly), you were unprepared for reality. In plain English, your positive variance (because you got lucky) caused to have distorted views of reality. That is what reference point bias is and I see it all the time on the forum.

And now, you are developing a reference point bias on Ouroboros.

Here is my recommendation: Lvl up your MK. Lord M has a 6* lvl 80 MK that gives him 15% at free stuff. My MK is at 12.5%. The Reaper’s MK has a MK buff over 11%. Da Wimsta will probably level up bus MK ASAP so he won’t have inefficient runes to toon level.

Your “That is very unusual, as Monkey King usually triggers every several to dozen hits or so.” is classic. Thank you so much for that comment.

Here are the facts: if you are ignorant about some aspects of this, people will take the time out to explain things to you. I was very sincere in my answer.

It’s obvious to me you like to make reference point biases based on your comments in this thread. You are not alone in making reference point biases on this forum.

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Well, I have seen someone on Discord saying monkey King worked on the moonlight dragon, but I have no way of knowing how truthful he was, if he made any mistakes when keeping track of stam etc. (no reason to suspect his claims, but you never know )

10. Default

21 at 7:11 PM
    Batw, your wordy stats analyses are terrific and all. But there is a fact that you don't have - the actual code/formula used to calculate Monkey King's ability. You also don't have the fact as to how that code/formula is applied to monsters, or to anything in the game, really. Also again, you don't have the facts as to whether it is applied the same to every monster, or to any aspect of the game. With all of that, you are ASSUMING that it is equally applied. Unless you have some insider information that the rest of us aren't privy to......... ?
    You are assuming that the code/formula is (simple_math)*(monkey_king_ability_level). It could be (+,-,/,*_something_more (simple_math +,-,/,*_something_more)*(monkey_king_ability_level) +,-,/,*_something_more). Or any variaton of that. And it could be different for different monsters. From my recent experience, something is off with Ouroborus. Considering that when I use a full stamina potion on a Corvintheus, Ogrimus x2, Fenix and Bonegnasher, Monkey King has worked at least once in each of those full stamina potions. At this point I am watching ever single hit I make (I very often watch as it is, just for that little thrill of seeing stamina/energy not decrease on a 50 or 100 hit). Also, in guild battles with me in the wall at 11%, and Monkey King another 3.9%, it is working about 1 in 6 times, which is about right. To get such great to typical luck with all those other things, then have lousy luck with just an Ouroborus, my suspicions are that there is something off on the inside, even if your theoretical statistics says everything is fine on the outside.
    At the next Ouroborus, I will also watch extremely close to see what happens. If all is good, I will eat crow. And post it here. But probably not the actual eating of the crow activity.
    If it was something that came about due to this current event, then we will never never know. This is the only time I've noticed it this bad, and I've had Monkey King since the final time it was a guaranteed win in Meteorite. And you can feel free to give me two reference point bias dings for that if it clears up on the next Ouroborus.