Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Event shop prices ???

From an average player's perspective, I have to agree that the prices are to high!

If you were to comply with - 4x GB for the event You would end up with 4,550.
    -7x Daily Check In
    -7x Daily Moonlight Dragon

Quests/battles/invades/pve giving 1-5c seems too low of amount of coins to make a difference.

Wish you would end up with at least 6000c, doing the above actions for the entire event to give the average player a chance to purchase something from the shop.

- Coins break down -

7x 50c - Login (once per day)
    7x 400c - Guild Battles (Maximum of 4 times per day, Manual collect.)(100c per gb)
    1-5c - Quest
    1-5c - Invade or Duel
    1-5c - Attacking Monsters
    7x 200c - Anniversary Monster rewards
    20c ∞ - Purchasing Chests

Only the big spenders will be able to purchase item/s from the shop.
    Last edited by Zaturn; 09-17-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Default The Devs can't understand that digital goods do not equal real money.

The problem is in the devs thinking. They have assigned a real money value to each digital item. I have ranted about this before. Let's try to keep it simple.

On the Tenth Year, the devs looked at the books and said they estimate that they will make X money.

Now, Rev is nuts and says lets engage the gamer base. Let's make this 10th Anniv. Rock. Rev gives out many digital goodies. The gamer base gets excited, plays more, buys extra FP packs. At the end of the year, the more engaged gamer base actually exceeds X by $250,000 dollars. Rev declares his bash a success and says giving away good prizes made the company an extra $250K.

The devs do the same thing as Rev, but assign a dollar value to every extra prize. They assume the value of the extra freebies that Rev has gave away as $400,000. At the end of the year, the devs do dev math. X+$250K-$400K is 150K below X. The devs declare that Rev is nuts and that Rev has cost them 150K in money.

Now, Rev is confused. Rev rechecks the bank statement. We have X+250K in the bank. How the Frack are you claiming I lost you money???

The devs patiently explain to Rev that in a alternate reality that did not give away good prizes. They still made X and the 10th year gave them an extra $50K in gameplay. In that reality, they made X+50K.

Rev says you are batdipped crazy. X+250 in the bank is without a doubt more than X+50K in the bank.

The devs tell Rev he is an idiot and that he does not understand business.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Sim View Post
    The problem is in the devs thinking. They have assigned a real money value to each digital item. I have ranted about this before. Let's try to keep it simple.

On the Tenth Year, the devs looked at the books and said they estimate that they will make X money.

Now, Rev is nuts and says lets engage the gamer base. Let's make this 10th Anniv. Rock. Rev gives out many digital goodies. The gamer base gets excited, plays more, buys extra FP packs. At the end of the year, the more engaged gamer base actually exceeds X by $250,000 dollars. Rev declares his bash a success and says giving away good prizes made the company an extra $250K.

The devs do the same thing as Rev, but assign a dollar value to every extra prize. They assume the value of the extra freebies that Rev has gave away as $400,000. At the end of the year, the devs do dev math. X+$250K-$400K is 150K below X. The devs declare that Rev is nuts and that Rev has cost them 150K in money.

Now, Rev is confused. Rev rechecks the bank statement. We have X+250K in the bank. How the Frack are you claiming I lost you money???

The devs patiently explain to Rev that in a alternate reality that did not give away good prizes. They still made X and the 10th year gave them an extra $50K in gameplay. In that reality, they made X+50K.

Rev says you are batdipped crazy. X+250 in the bank is without a doubt more than X+50K in the bank.

You are the third person needed here... clearly.....

Yeah I've noticed "exclusive" never to return things do when there is a direct cash exchange for it rendering any PvP build that has ever existed useless, worthless, and players not wanted around a game highly built on PvP. Conquest, GBs, etc is all PvP. The *best* use for us is to anchor spongey clerics in GBs. Even then these activities give you almost nothing relatively compared to rolling the chest.
    "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
    [High King, Lieutenant Warchief, Duke, Avenger] Keep is in Signature. Play Nice Meow ;3

Given the prices appear to have an extra "0" your purchasing power is extremely limited.

It's a tough decision for sure.

So far I've purchased Urmek the Protector for 8,000. I should have gotten Thane's Hammer first.

My analysis:
    Urmek gets 8 defense in the Elemental Archive
    Urmek also completed Elemental Bonus Set 2 for me, another 8 defense.

16 defense...

Nax's gear is attack IA. wand: +10 attack; Helm: +15 attack

Hammer of Thane is attack IA. +20 attack
    also in Limited Bonus set 2. +100 attack

My mistake was acting too fast. Defenz makes me feel kind of funny.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Sim View Post

I've been playing CA long enough to know they would pull this kind of ****. Getting passed on to another dev/company only made it worse.