Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: 10th Anniversary Festival - Data gathering

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    I didn't bother with Barb on this one - 150 hits are too big and waste my stam so I just go for Dolomar and 50/100 stam
    Don't you have Barbarus behind your Dolomar though?

Also the Dragon doesn't drop Coins from hits anyway so the amount of stam per hit doesn't matter (except for the last hit to avoid wasting stamina, maybe that's what you're talking about).

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    It looks to me that only the first hit on the Dragon doesn't count Barbarus power, but after that it's fully counted.

No matter the hit you do.

The first time when I reported Barbarus power wasn't working, my first hit was a 3 stam hit so I had not counted it.

But now I'm starting with 150 stam hits and the first hit has lower damage, but all following hits deal the same amount of damage (no counting crits ofc).

So it seems like you should always use the 1 stam button first before switching to bigger hits.

Anyone can confirm?
    Yes, it's basically a copy of the World Monster, which worked the same way. Usually, Barb/Caine will fully charge after a couple 1 stam hits. You can tell they're fully charged when the text changes to "weakened" at the bottom.

yes Barb is #3 in my dolomar alliance so I don't get the x3 hit, and yes again, you are right no drops per hit so it's not that important
    Dolomar Alliance Breakdown:
    Current Ability:
    +22.43% Critical Chance
    +19% Monster Hunter
    Barbarus Alliance Breakdown:
    Current Ability:
    3x Power Attacks
    +19% Monster Hunter
    +19.78% Critical Chance
    +9% Critical Damage

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    Yes, it's basically a copy of the World Monster, which worked the same way. Usually, Barb/Caine will fully charge after a couple 1 stam hits.
    Oh I didn't know that!

You can tell they're fully charged when the text changes to "weakened" at the bottom.
    Wait what what text?
    On all mobs or just World Monster and Moonlight Dragon?

All monsters. The text that appears at the bottom of the attack page, right below the Attack Again button.

This is the text that appears while the bonus damage is still charging.

Caine has cleaved into the Monster causing traumatic damage!

And this is what appears when it's fully charged.

Caine has cleaved into the weakened Monster causing traumatic damage!

All monsters. The text that appears at the bottom of the attack page, right below the Attack Again button.

This is the text that appears while the bonus damage is still charging.

Caine has cleaved into the Monster causing traumatic damage!

And this is what appears when it's fully charged.

Caine has cleaved into the weakened Monster causing traumatic damage!
    Can't believe I never noticed that! Thanks!

1700 stamina used - full crit general alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    Can't believe I never noticed that! Thanks!
    I've never actually seen anyone else mention the 'weakened equals full power' part before. Maybe I just pay more attention than some.

Tested hits on the Moonlight Dragon. It appears the base factor for how much it takes to kill is determined by how much MAX stamina you have. Out of data collected from 8 toons, there appears to be a base of around 2x of your MAX stamina for how much it will take to kill it. These ranged from 1.9 to 2.35. The fluctuation appears to be how strong of a monster hunter you are. The next factor would be how many criticals you get. Obviously the more you get the less stamina you will use.

Tomorrow I'll test using Barbarus, Dolomar, Maalvus, etc. to see if they affect the percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by Heimer View Post
    Tested hits on the Moonlight Dragon. It appears the base factor for how much it takes to kill is determined by how much MAX stamina you have. Out of data collected from 8 toons, there appears to be a base of around 2x of your MAX stamina for how much it will take to kill it. These ranged from 1.9 to 2.35. The fluctuation appears to be how strong of a monster hunter you are. The next factor would be how many criticals you get. Obviously the more you get the less stamina you will use.

Tomorrow I'll test using Barbarus, Dolomar, Maalvus, etc. to see if they affect the percentages.
    It takes me between 1000 and 1500 stamina for level slightly under 1500. Depends on crits.
    Last edited by Foreshadow; 09-20-2019 at 02:53 AM.