Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Which is better for earning points in Colosseum Warrior or Mage?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    This is one of those areas where giggles are produced.

BATW really has no idea that there were literal years of playing that took place without runes existing.

Sorry, that was an exaggeration, he can smash on me.
    Don't make excuses for sucking at efficiency. Just acknowledge my clear superiority.

I didnt really start spending regularly until Runes were introduced, and I have had a fairly solid focus on them since. (Disregarding regularly scheduled ragequits, etc).
    ~VoV~

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    On a side note: got full points for the week earlier today, swapping wins. It took an hour. I think there are tricks for matching, or matching more quickly that I'm not aware of.
    Highly disappointing, coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    Highly disappointing, coming from you.
    It is either swap wins or don't get matches, don't blame me for the broken feature. I would love to try and chase stars but I've gone the whole session without a match too many times now.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Hi just curious
    Wouldnt a toon that spends all energy on trading essence and 0 energy on quests be the most efficient?

Blog Entries

Not at all. Quests are still extremely important for skill points as you're developing your character early on.

Of course there will come times where adding 5 SPs to attack or defense via trading essences will cost less than questing for 5 real skill points, but at that point you just need to find a happy balance. And then once quests have all been finished, runes become one of the only ways to improve your character anymore at all.
    ~VoV~

Quote Originally Posted by baoyutaohuagong View Post
    Hi just curious
    Wouldnt a toon that spends all energy on trading essence and 0 energy on quests be the most efficient?
    No.

1. You need to finish certain quests to do excavations. The best quests are Underworld (Def essence) & Mist II (Health essence). So the new question is should you STOP doing quests after Mist II?

2. You need to finish as many quests (after Mist II) to get SPs that you can put into Energy. The bad news is Energy is the biggest bottleneck to big Runes because you need energy to trade essence ... just ask zserg (the forum moderator) who doesn’t have a lot of energy.

3. People with high lvl multi-star MK’s should be efficient at building runes. I don’t have Layla but people with Layla - MK are even more efficient. The fact is Da W. does not have a 5* Lvl 80 MK like me and that makes a big difference.

4. As a general comment, this game forces you to make hard choices: how to allocate SPs, what builds to focus on, etc. During Meteorite Event, I don’t use energy for 300 Heals because I need that energy for quests & trading essence so I focus on stamina refills. It makes getting 140 GM more expensive for me but at the same time it allows to me continue to be efficient in my Runes. My point is if you want something, then expect to give something up to get what you want.

I mentioned this earlier: Tyrion is lvl 1850 in VoV and has been playing about 1.5 years. Tyrion is clearly a LSI build and his runes are huge! In contrast, Ninja Tom at lvl 3102 also in VoV has much smaller runes. Here are two cases of LSI builds with two different focus.

Here are 3 things that need to happen to be efficient
    - 10% trade bonus from Arena
    - Kobo with trade bonus buff
    - MK (Layla - MK is better but most of us cannot get Layla while a copy of MK cost $90 in some promo packs)

In summary look at Tyrion & Ninja Tom and you get to see the huge contrast as to what LSI builds can do when it comes to building Runes. And if you get a big health rune, just keep casting Mass Heals in Colo. Confuse & MH are the two overpowering buffs in Colo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    BaTW,

The reason why DaW trolls you so much, in case you have not figure it out, is b/c you have the same problem as Donald Trump. You need constant praises and reassurances. And when you can't get it you try to do it for yourself, which has the opposite effect. Also, when someone make a comment anything remote about you or your posts, you pull a Donald Trump's insult move on that person.

FYI: There are plenty of other people with more impressive runes for their level who do not care to show off, b/c CA does not requires a Mensa IQ to play.

Just relax a bit and people will like you more, if not, at least dislike you less.
    I am glad you raised the Donald Trump comparison.

If I praised Da Wimsta’s Rune, he gets happy. If I mention I did better than Da Wimsta, he lashes out with multiple spams. Da Wimsta still hasn’t figure this part out. So I confess I created the toon levels to Rune levels to troll him.

The real reason Da Wimsta trolls me is due to Degrees of Freedom.

And Dokkodo, do us a favor: STICK TO WHAT YOU DO BEST — keep abusing the matching feature in Colo 1 & Colo 2. Just can’t wait for Colo 3.
    Last edited by Batw; 09-13-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    I am glad you raised the Donald Trump comparison.

If I praised Da Wimsta’s Rune, he gets happy. If I mention I did better than Da Wimsta, he lashes out with multiple spams. Da Wimsta still hasn’t figure this part out. So I confess I created the toon levels to Rune levels to troll him.

The real reason Da Wimsta trolls me is due to Degrees of Freedom.

And Dokkodo, do us a favor: STICK TO WHAT YOU DO BEST — keep abusing the matching feature in Colo 1 & Colo 2. Just can’t wait for Colo 3.
    how does 1 abuse the matching feature in colo?
    is it possible to get matched to 5 lvl 10s and below each time?

Quote Originally Posted by baoyutaohuagong View Post
    how does 1 abuse the matching feature in colo?
    is it possible to get matched to 5 lvl 10s and below each time?
    Anything anyone do better than BaTW will qualify as abuse. It is his way of rationalizing with life when things are not in favor of him. lol

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

There does seem to be some 'abusing' going on, since some people get a match a minute and others get one per 3 hours session. At a guess it has to do with making teams where the highest ranked player has similar number of stars...hence the quotes around abusing ...but it's not nothing.