Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is better for earning points in Colosseum Warrior or Mage?

Quote Originally Posted by baoyutaohuagong View Post
    Thx Wim n Batw, for the advices.
    I upped my health rune n dmg rune.
    Primarily used mage, cleric died too fast.

Encountered a few cases
    1) At Platinum, encountered the same team over n over again who clicked so fast that I couldnt get my clicks in after maybe 2 to 3 mins later, by then 3-4 of the side is dead.
    It pushed me all the way down to gold.
    2) Mage is enjoyable, but I can see why alot prefer warriors, saw a lvl 1k+ warrior with only 50k+ hp, he was doing 4k+ ww, and he woke up with 3 mins left on timer n soloed everyone.

If colosseum is going to be a fixture, I may work towards better runes. Probably lvl 300-500+ would be normal.
    Pretty amazing that the upper tiered guys are at lvl 700-800+++ now.
    I don't know your sense of "normal" my damage rune is level 296 atm.

I have a fairly good damage loadout but I'd say may damage reaches into the upper tier. Getting around 4k on the main target and 4400 to the sides when I have my confidence fully boosted.

On a side note: got full points for the week earlier today, swapping wins. It took an hour. I think there are tricks for matching, or matching more quickly that I'm not aware of.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    I don't know your sense of "normal" my damage rune is level 296 atm.

I have a fairly good damage loadout but I'd say may damage reaches into the upper tier. Getting around 4k on the main target and 4400 to the sides when I have my confidence fully boosted.

On a side note: got full points for the week earlier today, swapping wins. It took an hour. I think there are tricks for matching, or matching more quickly that I'm not aware of.
    I clicked single and got matched with a fixed team, felt icky when i saw a lvl 84 chinese name and a lvl 9 chinese name at platinum on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by baoyutaohuagong View Post
    Thx Wim n Batw, for the advices.
    I upped my health rune n dmg rune.
    Primarily used mage, cleric died too fast.

Encountered a few cases
    1) At Platinum, encountered the same team over n over again who clicked so fast that I couldnt get my clicks in after maybe 2 to 3 mins later, by then 3-4 of the side is dead.
    It pushed me all the way down to gold.
    2) Mage is enjoyable, but I can see why alot prefer warriors, saw a lvl 1k+ warrior with only 50k+ hp, he was doing 4k+ ww, and he woke up with 3 mins left on timer n soloed everyone.

If colosseum is going to be a fixture, I may work towards better runes. Probably lvl 300-500+ would be normal.
    Pretty amazing that the upper tiered guys are at lvl 700-800+++ now.
    It’s not the size of the Rune, it’s Toon lvl divided by Rune lvl. LSI builds tend to be inefficient in building runes. The metric or standard is number of toon lvls to get 1 lvl of Rune, respectively. The math is Toon Lvl / Rune Lvl where the lower the ratio is better, e.g. more efficient in building that particular Rune.

Rune Lvl: Atk • Def • Dmg • Health
    Rune Buff: Atk • Def • Dmg • Health
    Ratio’s:

I am lvl 2099
    192 • 206 • 235 • 197
    +955 • +1025 • +936 • +784
    10.9 • 10.2 • 8.93 • 10.7

On average, I increase 1 level of dmg rune per 8.93 Toon lvls. Because of Colo, I switched from Def to Dmg & Health.

Here is Da W’s stats at lvl 2805:
    292 • 255 • 296 • 177
    +1455 • +1270 • +1180 • +704
    9.6 • 11.0 • 9.48 • 15.8

Da W. is more efficient at building his Atk Rune requiring 9.6 toon lvls to increase 1 lvl of Atk Rune. I crush Da W. in the remaining other 3 metrics. I am way more efficient at building my Health Rune. It’s D(y) / D(x), so long as I continue to be more efficient at building runes, I will have bigger runes in the long run.

I had huge disadvantages when it came to Runes: I received no Arena benefit in my first year of CA and in the next 2+ years I was in Cult of Paddy, a retirement guild. So Da W. had a huge advantage over me during those same 3 years when he was in WoB, respectively.

I didn’t start building my Runes efficiently until three factors:
    - MK
    - Gaea remove limiters on Essence Towers
    - Kobo Buff in trading essence

So in the last 2 years, I have been incredibly super-efficient in building my Runes. Compared to The Reaper, only my Atk Rune is smaller while I dominate in the other 3 Runes.

If you look at the big players, the Rune buffs are in the 3,000 to 4,000 range, if not greater. 700 to 800 range is not that large. Even Tyrion in VoV (guy is LSI build and health vampire from my days in Ghost Brigade), has only been playing for 1.5+ years and already has bigger Def & Health Runes than me.

Because of Colo, my emphasis are Def, Dmg & Health Runes.

Cheers.

PS Da W likes to hit mobs that drop Atk essence so he is better than me in Atk Runes. However, I am far more efficient in Dmg Rune department because I solo Vargs.
    Last edited by Batw; 09-11-2019 at 03:30 AM.

Blog Entries

That's an interesting metric. Should have its own thread.
    ~VoV~

Blog Entries

Level 1569 A:159 D:83 Dmg: 177 HP: 82

So if my math is correct, 9.86, 18.9, 8.86, 19.13

Obviously, Im much more efficient on Damage and Attack essence than Defense or Health, though I am still questing. Am I actually being more efficient than both of you?
    ~VoV~

Obviously, Im much more efficient on Damage and Attack essence than Defense or Health, though I am still questing. Am I actually being more efficient than both of you?
    Yes! It makes perfect sense: (a) you wanted more Atk to break battlers and (b) you wanted more Dmg to kill battlers. Recall I had a 3+ year handicap from trade bonus due to Arena; you did better than me for 3+ years, which is hard to overcome.

You are one efficient Monkeh! The question is if you can keep it up.

In summary, in Plain English: You are a Stamina build focusing on mobs that drop Atk & Dmg essence. You “hate” excavations for Def & Health essence. I am more efficient than you in Def & Health Rune because I am an Energy build. As a Monkeh, you don’t like to use energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    Yes! It makes perfect sense: (a) you wanted more Atk to break battlers and (b) you wanted more Dmg to kill battlers. Recall I had a 3+ year handicap from trade bonus due to Arena; you did better than me for 3+ years, which is hard to overcome.

You are one efficient Monkeh! The question is if you can keep it up.

In summary, in Plain English: You are a Stamina build focusing on mobs that drop Atk & Dmg essence. You “hate” excavations for Def & Health essence. I am more efficient than you in Def & Health Rune because I am an Energy build. As a Monkeh, you don’t like to use energy.
    Seriously, make a rune level indicator thread. Please.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

This is one of those areas where giggles are produced.

BATW really has no idea that there were literal years of playing that took place without runes existing.

Sorry, that was an exaggeration, he can smash on me.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    It’s not the size of the Rune, it’s Toon lvl divided by Rune lvl. LSI builds tend to be inefficient in building runes. The metric or standard is number of toon lvls to get 1 lvl of Rune, respectively. The math is Toon Lvl / Rune Lvl where the lower the ratio is better, e.g. more efficient in building that particular Rune.

Rune Lvl: Atk • Def • Dmg • Health
    Rune Buff: Atk • Def • Dmg • Health
    Ratio’s:

I am lvl 2099
    192 • 206 • 235 • 197
    +955 • +1025 • +936 • +784
    10.9 • 10.2 • 8.93 • 10.7

On average, I increase 1 level of dmg rune per 8.93 Toon lvls. Because of Colo, I switched from Def to Dmg & Health.

Here is Da W’s stats at lvl 2805:
    292 • 255 • 296 • 177
    +1455 • +1270 • +1180 • +704
    9.6 • 11.0 • 9.48 • 15.8

Da W. is more efficient at building his Atk Rune requiring 9.6 toon lvls to increase 1 lvl of Atk Rune. I crush Da W. in the remaining other 3 metrics. I am way more efficient at building my Health Rune. It’s D(y) / D(x), so long as I continue to be more efficient at building runes, I will have bigger runes in the long run.

I had huge disadvantages when it came to Runes: I received no Arena benefit in my first year of CA and in the next 2+ years I was in Cult of Paddy, a retirement guild. So Da W. had a huge advantage over me during those same 3 years when he was in WoB, respectively.

I didn’t start building my Runes efficiently until three factors:
    - MK
    - Gaea remove limiters on Essence Towers
    - Kobo Buff in trading essence

So in the last 2 years, I have been incredibly super-efficient in building my Runes. Compared to The Reaper, only my Atk Rune is smaller while I dominate in the other 3 Runes.

If you look at the big players, the Rune buffs are in the 3,000 to 4,000 range, if not greater. 700 to 800 range is not that large. Even Tyrion in VoV (guy is LSI build and health vampire from my days in Ghost Brigade), has only been playing for 1.5+ years and already has bigger Def & Health Runes than me.

Because of Colo, my emphasis are Def, Dmg & Health Runes.

Cheers.

PS Da W likes to hit mobs that drop Atk essence so he is better than me in Atk Runes. However, I am far more efficient in Dmg Rune department because I solo Vargs.
    Guess what level I was when runes were introduced?

Seriously, I've been in this game over ten years, I started on the second day of dragons.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

This thread went from, "Which is better for earning points in Colosseum Warrior or Mage?" to "I have bigger and more efficient epeen than you..."

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.