Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is better for earning points in Colosseum Warrior or Mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    You might want to try Deianira or Muse in the 3rd slot instead of another general with high stats and no particular pvp ability.
    I believe in the Murs’ school of hitting from a Defensive loadout and my alliance is Kath - Hera - Daphne

Quote Originally Posted by baoyutaohuagong View Post
    I was reading the post from one of our most esteemed and senior member, the honourable BATW.
    Mage if properly built like him is unbreakable.

What about warrior?

Just a background of my toon
    Total Atk = 3.4k with IA n runes, Total Def = 1.5k with IA n runes, Total health = 1.2k
    Pretty much preparing for next colosseum and trying to end it early instead of slugging each match to 20 mins.
    Presently using sahar, barbar, dolomar for alliance for colosseum n using mage.
    I can use cleric too, but I feel insecure, IMHO clerics are public enemy #1 in colosseum, every1 tries to kill a cleric asap, even me.

I am looking at using the following alliance for future colosseum and gb (hvh n classic)

1. Daphne 5 stars , hera 3 stars , Time keeper ( once I get it, probably 1 star), [Can replace time keeper with layla once I have it]
    but all these are low stars and would appear weak.
    Having said that another alternative is Daphne, Katherine, Hera (but I am not sure if they would me good)
    Would Daphne 5 star, Tora 1 star, Hera 3 stars be better?
    or would a Daphne, Hera, and Jeyzla(evasion) be better for colosseum and I play an evasion rogue ( PS, I can change crystals to buy evasion 3).
    It is probably more helpful to think of team aspect.

Can you do a solid amount of damage to produce the wins?
    If you can then play warrior, if you cannot then
    a: keep your side alive, play cleric
    b: slow the other side down, play a confuse casting mage

Is your health rune to small to do much good healing and your Syren to weak to cast effective fuses?

Play rogue...

Bottom line, however, damage has to be dealt in order to win. If you don't know your team (solo matching) then its really difficult to predict what your best move is.

In my case I tend to be responsible for dealing damage. Wins are much less frequent when I play cleric.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Quote Originally Posted by thomasj8 View Post
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious

IMO, no class is unbreakable in Colosseum.
    BATW likes to make the claim, pretty silly eh?

I've gotten my DF over 1,000% and still struggled.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    It is probably more helpful to think of team aspect.

Can you do a solid amount of damage to produce the wins?
    If you can then play warrior, if you cannot then
    a: keep your side alive, play cleric
    b: slow the other side down, play a confuse casting mage

Is your health rune to small to do much good healing and your Syren to weak to cast effective fuses?

Play rogue...

Bottom line, however, damage has to be dealt in order to win. If you don't know your team (solo matching) then its really difficult to predict what your best move is.

In my case I tend to be responsible for dealing damage. Wins are much less frequent when I play cleric.
    Probably once my dmg runes hit the vicinity of lvl 500-600, I should do some interesting amount of dmg.
    Cleric - I dont have much health n my sources for health runes are from the phatom of the shadow , so it is a nono for me
    Mage - I do confuse quite a bit but I get stunned early, if I get my enrage early I shld be doing abit more dmg when stunned
    Rogue - No evasion 3 yet, If I do a rogue I would need to get that evasion general and make it 5 star, and spend on getting evasion 3. For Rogue what skills do I need to buy?
    Assassinate, intimidate, smokescreen, evasion? I have these 4 only
    Warrior - As I am anemic, so pretty much nono for me, unless I have to do that 200 ww for campaign.

In Conclusion - I am playing mage at the moment with mostly enrage, confuse, polymorph loadout
    fireball dmg sux, a waste of 2 tokens too.
    I may look at rogue in future.

Probably once my dmg runes hit the vicinity of lvl 500-600, I should do some interesting amount of dmg.
    Cleric - I dont have much health n my sources for health runes are from the phatom of the shadow , so it is a nono for me
    Mage - I do confuse quite a bit but I get stunned early, if I get my enrage early I shld be doing abit more dmg when stunned
    Rogue - No evasion 3 yet, If I do a rogue I would need to get that evasion general and make it 5 star, and spend on getting evasion 3. For Rogue what skills do I need to buy?
    Assassinate, intimidate, smokescreen, evasion? I have these 4 only
    Warrior - As I am anemic, so pretty much nono for me, unless I have to do that 200 ww for campaign.

In Conclusion - I am playing mage at the moment with mostly enrage, confuse, polymorph loadout
    fireball dmg sux, a waste of 2 tokens too.
    I may look at rogue in future.
    If look on this link: http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...n-Colo-2/page3

You can see that I take little or no damage while inflicting 500+ dmg but that is because I am healthy. I would have more examples of being unbreakable but Nate the Wise suggested the log was a bad idea and best left for Da Wimsta.

Btw, if you are stunned, you do half dmg so it’s really important to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post

You can see that I take little or no damage while inflicting 500+ dmg but that is because I am healthy. I would have more examples of being unbreakable but Nate the Wise suggested the log was a bad idea and best left for Da Wimsta.

Btw, if you are stunned, you do half dmg so it’s really important to stay alive.
    hi,
    I saw your diary
    I noticed these 3 messages.
    Batw’s hero power: reduced 116 damage from enemy attack!
    Batw deflected 208 damage that you inflicted back onto you!
    Batw’s Bonus Damage Buffs: deals an extra 259 damage
    What is your hero alliance to achieve these?
    In addition what needs to be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post

Does it sound like this Nate the Wise is bullying? Is he a forum mod or an admin in castle age? or does the mods support his action n behavior? Just curious.

Blog Entries

No. No. Usually.

My major issue with the thread mentioned was that it was derailed into an entirely different beast. Diaries are fine, but should be in their own threads, not jumbled into threads clearly made about entirely different topics of conversation.
    ~VoV~

Blog Entries

hi,
    I saw your diary
    I noticed these 3 messages.
    Batw’s hero power: reduced 116 damage from enemy attack!
    Batw deflected 208 damage that you inflicted back onto you!
    Batw’s Bonus Damage Buffs: deals an extra 259 damage
    What is your hero alliance to achieve these?
    In addition what needs to be done?
    Reducing damage and deflecting it is all done by using Daphne/Tora.
    ~VoV~

Thx Wim n Batw, for the advices.
    I upped my health rune n dmg rune.
    Primarily used mage, cleric died too fast.

Encountered a few cases
    1) At Platinum, encountered the same team over n over again who clicked so fast that I couldnt get my clicks in after maybe 2 to 3 mins later, by then 3-4 of the side is dead.
    It pushed me all the way down to gold.
    2) Mage is enjoyable, but I can see why alot prefer warriors, saw a lvl 1k+ warrior with only 50k+ hp, he was doing 4k+ ww, and he woke up with 3 mins left on timer n soloed everyone.

If colosseum is going to be a fixture, I may work towards better runes. Probably lvl 300-500+ would be normal.
    Pretty amazing that the upper tiered guys are at lvl 700-800+++ now.