Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colo 2 Season ends in 4 weeks!!! Yea!!

1. Default

Yea, the more I've played Colosseum the more I'm convinced that getting glad in singles comes down to luck, unless you have a fairly strong build to carry the rest of the team. So going the team route is more efficient and likely more enjoyable. Go find yourselves a team!

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    I'll get my Trundle. Still have to get more honor points for a medal though.

Those you claim to be cheating are running multiple accounts, same as you. They just seem to be better at it, by using their toons collectively and probably even working with others to achieve the common goal.

I refuse to let cheaters ruin the fun of this game for me, though I do certainly understand the frustration.

But how many of those toons that have made Gladiator rank have taken away that opportunity for you? You have been offered help to reach that goal and have refused it.

By ignoring any feature of the game, you simply put yourself at a disadvantage overall.

Personally, I plan on doing as much as I can to improve my generals and such before the next season of Colosseum, and make sure that my Guild and I have teams in place so that we can all help one another.

I realize that I am woefully anemic in health comparatively, so that rune is going to need some real dedication. I'm also hoping to grow my damage rune more, to take advantage of Trundle as best I can. Even if that means buying the next promotion orb that's offered. (Couldn't do it this time due to family vacation requiring those funds)

So basically, I'm.going to do exactly what I would be doing anyway, but actually thinking about it and tracking my progress between seasons.
    Nate, you are confused. My toons are not on the same team.

Then I would be concerned about the company you're keeping in the game. But specifically, BATW was offered a place on a team by Da Wimsta, which was refused.

If your guild doesn't have at least one team playing together regularly, helping others get ranked up as they can, then you're in the wrong place.
    Nate you are again confused. Da Wimsta comes across as unctuous. I never take anything he says seriously. The only good thing about Da Wimsta is his ongoing trolling of me over the years on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Murck View Post
    Yea, the more I've played Colosseum the more I'm convinced that getting glad in singles comes down to luck, unless you have a fairly strong build to carry the rest of the team. So going the team route is more efficient and likely more enjoyable. Go find yourselves a team!
    I donít begrudge other people who succeeds in life or has a ton of money or is lucky or successful or gets Gladiator ranking in Colo by playing Solo. By construction, high lvl PvP players going Solo will reach Gladitor because they spent a ton of money in the game. Itís not luck when a lvl 6K raises through the ranking to Gladiator because that player DESERVES IT!!

I have own metrics and I spend money in this game to have fun so I donít care about other people who succeed or donít succeed. But I do care about cheating.

Hereís the bottom line: Colo 2 just plain s*ck for all of my 5 toons. The matching in Colo 2 has been horrendous versus Colo 1. My lvl 400ís are constantly being matched against level 900ís to 1,200ís. My lvl 6 or 7 Drones are constantly matched against lvl 300+. My main cannot drop tokens, e.g. I am getting 1 in 5 tokens off. Whatís the point!

So I am looking forward to Colo 2 ending in four short weeks. And I am so looking forward to spending less for this game.

I am perfectly happy staying in Gold for my main & retiring my other toons for Colo 3. Itís just not worth the time. I cannot control the cheaters, but I can control how much I spend in terms of money or time.
    Last edited by zserg; 09-04-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    Nate, you are confused. My toons are not on the same team.
    At no point did I say they were. So argue something I've actually said, if you can.
    ~VoV~

Blog Entries

I can't have sympathy for a level 6 or 7 drone. Of course the matches are going to be uneven. You CHOOSE to keep them at such levels on your own accord. So you do nothing with them in the game year round, but expect that they'll be useful or productive in a GvG format event? Pffft.

And again, by wasting time on so many accounts, you do a great disservice to yourself and your main account. You shoot yourself in the foot then expect things to be changed so that is how people should have to play.
    ~VoV~

I can't have sympathy for a level 6 or 7 drone. Of course the matches are going to be uneven. You CHOOSE to keep them at such levels on your own accord. So you do nothing with them in the game year round, but expect that they'll be useful or productive in a GvG format event? Pffft.

And again, by wasting time on so many accounts, you do a great disservice to yourself and your main account. You shoot yourself in the foot then expect things to be changed so that is how people should have to play.
    These lvl 6 & 7 Drones are quite invaluable since they are clean toons, which is great for doing experiments.

People like Retribution make incredible claims on pierce & resistance and many of those claims don’t work based on my tests with the drones.

I am not responsible for your lack of scientific inquiries.

At no point did I say they were. So argue something I've actually said, if you can.
    Nate, you need to read what you wrote. You criticize me for NOT using my toon on the same team as implied by your words:

“Those you claim to be cheating are running multiple accounts, same as you. They just seem to be better at it, by using their toons collectively and probably even working with others to achieve the common goal.”

7. Default

People like Retribution make incredible claims on pierce & resistance and many of those claims don’t work based on my tests with the drones.
    When people like Retribution make claims they don't just make those claims because they sound good. Generally those claims follow extensive testing. In situations where things are still being looked into they are also generally quite good at marking that things aren't quite clear yet.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not at all implying that what you saw in your testing didn't happen. Nor am I saying that the people making the claims are perfect. The way I see it one of three things is possible here.

1. You stumbled upon data that was unknown when the claims were made.
    2. You're doing it wrong.
    3. A combination of 1 and 2.

I'm not going to presume to know which option is correct. However, if you believe that made claims are incorrect then I suggest you talk to the people making the claims. If they missed something in their research then they will be happy to receive your data and if you did something wrong then they can explain what it was that went wrong. Either way things can be learned which makes it a win - win for all involved as far as I'm concerned. I'm certain that you can agree with that.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

If only we still had the Research Lab Facebook page.

Nate you are again confused. Da Wimsta comes across as unctuous. I never take anything he says seriously. The only good thing about Da Wimsta is his ongoing trolling of me over the years on this forum.

I donít begrudge other people who succeeds in life or has a ton of money or is lucky or successful or gets Gladiator ranking in Colo by playing Solo. By construction, high lvl PvP players going Solo will reach Gladitor because they spent a ton of money in the game. Itís not luck when a lvl 6K raises through the ranking to Gladiator because that player DESERVES IT!!
    The offer made was serious, it was your right to refuse, but I saw a chance to help and offered.

I had to grind my way to Gladiator, but most players do it another way. It is worthy to criticize game features which actually incentivize play that is unsporting while actual use of the feature for real play is challenged at best.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

#1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Blog Entries

You justify playing multiple accounts because that's what you want to do. So you really have no leg to stand on judging how others play their multiple accounts.

At level 6/7, you can't possibly have enough of anything to perform valid testing of any sort. Base stats would have to be miserably low, Pierce/Resist and Runes almost nonexistent. Unless you're purchasing FPs and using Mystic Emporium, general progression is impossible. Access to viable gear & gems also unlikely.

So what game mechanic could you possibly hope to test?

More importantly, how many people have you directly and knowingly screwed over by joining Colosseum with such useless toons? Instead of accepting the risk for yourself in a real team with them.

Karma dude. Your justifications are excuses, which further fuel others doing the same or worse.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 09-04-2019 at 03:05 PM.
    ~VoV~