Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with the following situations in colosseum?

1. Default

I deal with it by banging my head against the wall for 20 minutes at a time.
    It really REALLY sucks donkey balls and feels more like work (clicking the button 60 times a minute to try and get a single token off) than a game i want to play.
    I wish they didn't put unique equipment in the shop, so I could just ignore it, never even thought about getting Trundle, as I don't spend a few hundred dollars a month on the game.
    After over 10 years, the tedium of Colosseum may get me to move on to a new game; I actually just started a second game, as Castle Age has been my *only* video game for a few years now.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpence View Post
    there are over 1100 toons at gladiator rank. i believe most of them have <20k health and do <2k damage, like me.
    How does one find out how many are in Gladiator?

Quote Originally Posted by WitnessMe! View Post
    How does one find out how many are in Gladiator?
    find one who just passed over to it and get hes rank on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by hansa View Post
    find one who just passed over to it and get hes rank on the list.
    over 2000+ gladiators? btw is madrussian legit? or is it another toon with the same name? I met another madrussian (Gold) 2 weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Suen View Post
    according to wiki, Enrage/DF only works on raw ATT/DEF, could a weak and squishy monster hunter Enrage up to unbreakable?
    This is the thing that always makes me laugh about LSI builds going for DF and Enrage; they are still squishy

Quote Originally Posted by baoyutaohuagong View Post
    over 2000+ gladiators? btw is madrussian legit? or is it another toon with the same name? I met another madrussian (Gold) 2 weeks ago
    I am #1,404 as a Gladiator

To me, if you are playing solo you use a different strategy than if playing as a team. That is why I largely went for Warrior even though my runes are not great. My health would be ~14K with Oberon, my loadout was balanced on both defense and attack gems to make it more difficult to win against me since all you do in Colosseum is attack and it is much easier to defeat me if it is a full-on pierce loadout. Then hit like crazy. Often I was the difference maker in winning vs losing as I was the only one who could defeat some of the 2K-4K players.
    Chimæra

Quote Originally Posted by thomasj8 View Post
    This is the thing that always makes me laugh about LSI builds going for DF and Enrage; they are still squishy

I am #1,404 as a Gladiator

To me, if you are playing solo you use a different strategy than if playing as a team. That is why I largely went for Warrior even though my runes are not great. My health would be ~14K with Oberon, my loadout was balanced on both defense and attack gems to make it more difficult to win against me since all you do in Colosseum is attack and it is much easier to defeat me if it is a full-on pierce loadout. Then hit like crazy. Often I was the difference maker in winning vs losing as I was the only one who could defeat some of the 2K-4K players.
    I went for a full pierce loadout, refined and enhanced to +29 most of my stuffs before going. I was mostly 0 health when I finish loading if I use cleric, for rogue no one bothers with me, while for mage I die slightly later and if there is a team of 3 active clerics, we would lose if I am the only active.

Quote Originally Posted by baoyutaohuagong View Post
    I went for a full pierce loadout, refined and enhanced to +29 most of my stuffs before going. I was mostly 0 health when I finish loading if I use cleric, for rogue no one bothers with me, while for mage I die slightly later and if there is a team of 3 active clerics, we would lose if I am the only active.
    I did rogue for campaigns and it was okay, but the damage from WW and the damage from confidence as a stunned warrior can make a difference. I also have more of a PvP build with a raw BSI of 10, ~10K more in green pvp numbers and I have pursued monsters for efficient best pierce and resistance equipment. There are times when this build helps, but it has taken a long time and money.
    Chimæra

It all depends on team, but assuming you can hit them and you have all the right generals and skills.

1) Hit from sides first with WW, poison main, use max dmg setups.
    2) Hit from sides as much as possible with WW, confuse, imitate to strip DF, hit with health rune and defence rune draining generals, stun sides with anon general, poison as well.
    3) Poison, and hit with max dmg general, ww from sides..... maybe leave until last one standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azo View Post
    It all depends on team, but assuming you can hit them and you have all the right generals and skills.

1) Hit from sides first with WW, poison main, use max dmg setups.
    2) Hit from sides as much as possible with WW, confuse, imitate to strip DF, hit with health rune and defence rune draining generals, stun sides with anon general, poison as well.
    3) Poison, and hit with max dmg general, ww from sides..... maybe leave until last one standing.
    yeah normally i am the only active in my team for colosseum.

Blog Entries

Then the most obvious way to deal with the scenarios you've presented is to lose then whine about them on the forum.
    ~VoV~