Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to fix Colo for Season #3

Default How to fix Colo for Season #3

1. Limit stars per day at 30. Let’s face it, creative teams will abuse the team feature. Therefore the best way to reduce the **ABUSE** is to limit stars gained per day. The needs of those that want to play as a team outweighs the teams that abuse the system.

2. Reduce battle times to 15 minutes. This will reduce the awkward situations where one team cannot take out an “unbreakable” player and must wait out the entire 20 minutes. It will also increase the number of battles per day.

3. You must get 500 BAP’s or Battle Action Points to get stars. You will get honor points for joining any battle, but to go up the rankings, you must be active so 500 BAP’s is reasonable.

To clarify:
    - if you lose the battle, you get honor points but lose a star.
    - if you win the battle, you get honor points but do no receive a star if your BAP is under 500
    - if you win the battle, you get honor points and obtain a star once your BAP is at least 500.

This will (a) increase activity and (b) reward those that are active. So if you join a battle and do not partake in the battle, your honor points will increase but you remain in the same rank due to less than 500 BAP’s

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    - if you win the battle, you get honor points but do no receive a star if your BAP is under 500
    This doesn't solve the issue with people who join and don't fight. Those, illegal minis most of the cases, will keep getting profit while screwing the rest of us who don't use team option.

But if I had to chose between the way things are now and your idea, count on my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    This doesn't solve the issue with people who join and don't fight. Those, illegal minis most of the cases, will keep getting profit while screwing the rest of us who don't use team option.

But if I had to chose between the way things are now and your idea, count on my vote.
    Cream rises to the top.

Those that join and don’t fight cannot get stars. They are stuck at that level until they get stars.

Here’s an example:
    You win your battle and you are the only active in your team. Congrats. You get both honor points and a star. Your four teammates that didn’t do anything only get honor points. So you rise in your tier ranking over time. The inactives stay in the same place. These inactives will always stay in the Bronze tier (until a better script).

you do know that in solo option you can wait for 10 minuts up to 1 hour to get a battle?
    and a battle only last 1-2 minuts most of the time.
    (it is not like team option where nobody have to wait to meet their mini´s/fix opponent)
    i do not have 3 hours each day to site and wait for a battle to begin,to be sure to get points for it, to maybe get in up to 5-20 battles, if it does not start whit in 30 sec to 1 minut after pushing, i am
    not wait for it to start.
    so the only way you can do this "no point" thing is if players are having a battle start whit in 1 minut after pushing, else the ide is BS.

I am gold II-I. Never have to wait more than 2 minutes using single option

Regarding people who join and don't play, I could bet they won't care not going beyond gold, so play the first battles, reach gold, then do nothing
    Last edited by Barathor; 08-28-2019 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Grammar fix

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    I am gold II-I. Never have to wait more than 2 minutes using single option

Regarding people who join and don't play, I could bet they won't care not going beyond gold, so play the first battles, reach gold, then do nothing
    i am gladiator rank and have been wait for todays first battle for the last 1 1/2 hour.
    so wenn/if i get a battle today,if i am unluck and it starts wenn i am not looking(no i am not going to look at the screen to it starts!,lol ), i will most likely be a no-show. because of the frustraiting long wait periode.
    so beside getting no action.
    i am also to gain 0 points,for not looking at the screen all 3 hours to maybe get 1-2 battles?
    Last edited by hansa; 08-28-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    3. You must get 500 BAP’s or Battle Action Points to get stars. You will get honor points for joining any battle, but to go up the rankings, you must be active so 500 BAP’s is reasonable.
    I'm a big fan of this idea.
    Well TBH, it could be as low as 50 BAP required, I don't think it would change anything. And I've heard of really really quick battles where sometimes you can't get more than 1 or 2 tokens off because of all the tripping, even if you try.

As for what hansa said about it, I think this could simply be implemented up to Gold and stop there.

Are there really that many players who can actually stay in Plat and above while being inactive most of the time?
    Though I heard matching issues begin really begin to kick in in Diamond, so the no star system could be implemented up to Plat I suppose.

With that in place, all inactive minis and most inactive players in general would be either in Bronze, Silver or Gold IV.

It will be inactive players against inactive players and battles will take the full 20 minutes most of the time (which will make it more annoying for inactive battlers to get their weekly Honor Points, which I suppose is a side bonus).

It will also be easy to climb above Gold IV for any active player, and have matches where most players will be active.

fun fact: got todays first battle as i was writing my last comment.lol (so wait was about 100 minuts for 1! battle) atleast the 4 others won it :-)

I tried Team for the first time, for 4 battles. They all took way long to start, not as you described for higher ranks, but more than I am willing to wait. Bad experience, even though it was fun to not be alone hiting.

Edit: tomorrow will try again
    Last edited by Barathor; 08-28-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    I'm a big fan of this idea.
    Well TBH, it could be as low as 50 BAP required, I don't think it would change anything. And I've heard of really really quick battles where sometimes you can't get more than 1 or 2 tokens off because of all the tripping, even if you try.

As for what hansa said about it, I think this could simply be implemented up to Gold and stop there.

Are there really that many players who can actually stay in Plat and above while being inactive most of the time?
    Though I heard matching issues begin really begin to kick in in Diamond, so the no star system could be implemented up to Plat I suppose.

With that in place, all inactive minis and most inactive players in general would be either in Bronze, Silver or Gold IV.

It will be inactive players against inactive players and battles will take the full 20 minutes most of the time (which will make it more annoying for inactive battlers to get their weekly Honor Points, which I suppose is a side bonus).

It will also be easy to climb above Gold IV for any active player, and have matches where most players will be active.
    A simpler solution would be a limit of free matches in Colo at 50 per week.

Then you have spend FP to get more matches. This would follow the Arena structure.

As a result, the spenders who “cheat” would need to spend on the main account and the alt accounts, thus make it doubly expensive.