Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 201 stars in 180 minutes... totally legitimate

Default 201 stars in 180 minutes... totally legitimate

Many people are ready to accuse players of cheating, claim "it's impossible without scripts," and champion the causes of fair play.

Let me be clear: this is not that thread.

I want to speculate that nobody is cheating (and maybe I'll lay that out more at another time) and that as we saw someone acquire 201 stars in the session earlier today (as the cap of stars at 999 was lifted) is completely reasonable.

The question, then, however, is: how does one do it?

This is a thread for speculating on how a player gets 201 stars in three hours.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

First obvious considerations:

1. Completely ignore 10v10.
    2. Need to match other team(s).
    3. High Damage attacks.
    4. Low health opponents.

Make a losing team and a winning team.

Winning team has high star players collecting more (pretty evenly matched, or mostly evenly matched).

Losing team has a single star matching player and 4 superfluous low health alts.

Every 15 wins (I think) a player subs out of the winning team to join the losing team. This way they are still close enough to match. (I think the range is 15 somebody can correct me if I'm wrong).

The high star player on the losing team should be in slot 3. Two WW on slot 2 and two WW on slot 4 should wipe the gate, maybe with enough damage 1 WW on 2 and 1 WW on 4 can wipe the losers.

If the two big hitters on the winning team coordinate so they don't trip each other by hitting the same target, then the only thing really slowing things down would be matching time and intruders.

What is the best way to match your partner team?
    What is the best way to avoid other star catchers?
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

3. Default

In order to do this you have to have a battle every minute and pray that you get a few double collects along the way.

If was pointed out that there are a potential 179 matches per round of Colosseum Which means that in this case there had to have been 22 double collects.

It also means that people who did this today have been:

A. Very determined.
    B. Very organized.

That said, I'm not impressed until I see this same determination for more than a few days. For now I'm considering this day one excitement. We'll see how long it lasts.

(Note however that if I see this same determination through the 25th then I'll probably stop thinking of it as determination.)
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

4. Default

I believe there are several (at the very least one) Castle Age forum members who are in the top 50 that know more or less how this is done. Assuming that their method is not considered cheating, they may not want to divulge this information in order to preserve whatever competitive edge it provides. If I were to speculate, these teams have probably found a way to be matched up quickly and through the overwhelming strength of their group win quickly as well.

Now, there may be another few details worthy of examination.

subbing out of the winning team would mean 60 wins and 15 loses for every 75 matches, and that would be inefficient (45 stars for 75 matches).

If the three players earning stars in the winning team field additional teams of substitutes for the losing team, they may be able to to keep matching without any loses for their mains.

Bottom line: matching and wiping needs to be about 51 seconds for three hours in order to pull off the trick.

Also Bottom line:
    5 players got 201, 200, 200, 200, and 199 stars respectively. (I think they had 999 stars before, I could be wrong). So that is a pretty serious cluster, maybe they were working together.

So Reds, Owls, what am I getting wrong? Is there a way to make sure you collect double stars or something else to it?
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Lol, whats a 'double collect'? Never heard of that before.

U sure we're 'playing' the same game?
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadasmax View Post
    Lol, whats a 'double collect'? Never heard of that before.

U sure we're 'playing' the same game?
    Double collect is as old as Meat Cleaver x 2
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

R E M O V E T E A M B A T T L E

It's just an exploitation mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by pull lead View Post

It is what the developers want.

Why they want it I have no clue.

It just took an hour to get 10,800 points by swapping wins. 30 battles.

We were extremely efficient.

There were some star donors (intruders) 5 times.

With bigger runes I can fully "imagine" it is possible, but I'd have to imagine the matching with more stars works a bit differently.

Sadly, it makes a potentially fun feature work horribly.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by pull lead View Post

Don't remove my easy farms. /sarcasm

Main on easy glad farm team.

Mini scrapping on Diamond and Plat on random queues, it sucks!

If the ability to play team matches is in the game, It is fair use, so ABUSE the **** of the game mechanic.
    If TEAM Battle is removed, people will lose the "coordination" of win trading and easy farm stars.