Thread: Is promoting generals worth it?

Default Is promoting generals worth it?

Is a 3 stars general more useful than a 2 star one? nowadays we're talking generals that are beyond level 50 and lots and lots pierce and resistance.
    so is the 60 Favor Points price for 2 generals worth the amount it may add to a pvp win? or the amount it may add to a monster damage?

in particular, I'm thinking Guinevere - the one that has the highest pierce in the game.
    Army code F231EC

It is definitely worth it. It pays more while monster hunting than pvping, but you'll notice the improvement anywhere.

Regarding Guinevere, I don't know if that specific general is the best for your build, but she is one of my 5-starred
    Last edited by Barathor; 08-16-2019 at 11:50 AM. Reason: grammar fix

Quote Originally Posted by Trei View Post
    Is a 3 stars general more useful than a 2 star one? nowadays we're talking generals that are beyond level 50 and lots and lots pierce and resistance.
    so is the 60 Favor Points price for 2 generals worth the amount it may add to a pvp win? or the amount it may add to a monster damage?

in particular, I'm thinking Guinevere - the one that has the highest pierce in the game.
    Given a choice between Brackus or Guiny, I choose Brackus. In fact, I have a 6* Brackus going on 7* and zero copies of Guiny.

4. Default

I would definitely promote a general that was going to be the primary in one of my builds. Guinevere certainly qualifies to be the lead in an attack triad of generals.

With the newer, more powerful Favor Generals, like Guinevere, their equipment gives a good stat boost, too.

Blog Entries

Taking Guinevere to 3* gives the equivalent of an additional 4 levels worth of ability progression, plus a stats boost of .3%+10 over Guin at 2*.

At most, the 4 level ability boost gives +2 Pierce, so the boost to stats would be the real draw, if there is one. The stats multiplier at level 54 would take Guin from 355/232 to roughly 446/294. So this adds 134.4 additional effective attack even before Piercing is calculated, which likely gives you more reach.

Purchasing all 3 of Guin's items for 75 FPs adds +20A/10D to Guin, but then also boosts her stats by an additional 10%. That takes a level 54 2* Guin from 355/232 to 412/266.

So for now the best choice would be to promote. Although I would only ever recommend purchasing items for Oracle generals that are likely to be your Alliance Master, as that's the only time the item boosts come into play.

When 5* and beyond are possible, it seems silly to ask if going to 3* is worth it. It's just part of the trip.

Compare that 60FP spent to what else you could do with it. 6 refills, 7 if you have the links to 3packs plus That only gets me 2 levels, 3 if I'm lucky, for a guaranteed 15 SPs, somewhere around 12k essence (or half that for def/hp essence), and whatever crystals/potions/event drops/campaign task progression that may come along with it.

During an event such as Meteorite, I'd say go for the event instead with the FPs, if you're able to get into the top 1000 and get a Legendary Chest. But during non-event weeks, I say go for promoting generals.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 08-17-2019 at 07:31 AM.
    ~VoV~

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    Taking Guinevere to 3* gives the equivalent of an additional 4 levels worth of ability progression, plus a stats boost of .3%+10 over Guin at 2*.
    At most, the 4 level ability boost gives +2 Pierce, so the boost to stats would be the real draw, if there is one. The stats multiplier at level 54 would take Guin from 355/232 to roughly 446/294. So this adds 134.4 additional effective attack even before Piercing is calculated, [...]
    thank you, VersionsOfViolence! that's exactly what I looking for. that's the info I needed to make a decision.

+2 Pierce is nothing compared to 780 I already have. the 135+ to attack sounds more valuable; I didn't know how to calculate that. is there a formula?
    my attack is around 8k (4,6k def, level ~1k). 135 + attack seems too little, but... 6 refills wouldn't get me +135 attack. so it will have to do. I don't have the energy to be bothered by the fuss of events like Meteorite.

so, yeah, what else am I going to do with all that favor points? but promote the 3 generals I use the most.

PS I have a PvP build, which works just find for monsters too, with Maalvus. I already have promoted Maalvus and Katherine (for def); I may be losing interest for the game as there aren't any more interesting targets for me to achieve.

thank you, guys!
    Army code F231EC

*it actually has 131 pierce now (the +2 increase), dunno why is shows that way
    Last edited by Trei; 08-17-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    Army code F231EC

Quote Originally Posted by Trei View Post

*it actually has 131 pierce now (the +2 increase), dunno why is shows that way
    To actually see an accurate preview of promotion , unlink your alliance first . For some reason special ability increases will not show when general is in alliance
    The old school Ronins test no archives, no runes

Blog Entries

The stats boost alone from promoting a general may be enough to open up doors in PvP/GB formats. It certainly gives you that much more reach, considering Hero stats are boosted by Pierce/Resistance as well.

For info on Guin & boosts from Promoting, check the wiki.

https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Guinevere

https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Ge...eral_Promotion
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 08-18-2019 at 08:04 PM.
    ~VoV~