Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excavation and Green Crystals

Default Excavation and Green Crystals

I'm 6 energy refills in 12,000 energy, and I've not got an green crystal to drop.

I've got 18 pots, and probably two level ups (maybe 3) to go.

I assumed in the process I'd get my my 20 crystals for the campaign accomplished, but its not looking so good.

Has this changed? Am I just having bad luck today?
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

I haven't received anything for using energy in quite a while. Mostly I just use it for farming health essence in Mist II now.

I wasn't aware it ever remotely dropped anything except for during Meteorite event. But I never paid much attention to it before. If you are used to getting crystals from energy use, then I will believe it. I just don't recall getting them that way before, if ever.

Ok, got my first drop! Then almost immediately my second.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

so this thread was just a mere cry for attention then?

Quote Originally Posted by Rezface View Post
    I haven't received anything for using energy in quite a while. Mostly I just use it for farming health essence in Mist II now.

I wasn't aware it ever remotely dropped anything except for during Meteorite event. But I never paid much attention to it before. If you are used to getting crystals from energy use, then I will believe it. I just don't recall getting them that way before, if ever.

I've made it a big part of my strategy at points.

Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Then i have probably been getting them and just not noticed. Energy use in this game is so boring most of the time i am just absent-mindedly clicking while doing something else like watching the news or talking to someone else.

3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,

on 11 pots and a refill, not too bad, just time consuming.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by Rezface View Post
    Then i have probably been getting them and just not noticed. Energy use in this game is so boring most of the time i am just absent-mindedly clicking while doing something else like watching the news or talking to someone else.
    If you do want green crystals, the most effective way to get them (with energy) is to collect as soon as you reach the first level of the excavation quest.
    Because the chance to get one when collecting is the same at every level: 15%

So you can have a 15% chance at a green crystal every 300 energy.

That's 1 green crystal every 2000 energy on average.

With stamina, that's 15% chance (for green crystals, red ones are 20%) every time you get an essence drop.
    Let's say you're hitting one single monster a lot, you'll quickly have 1 essence drop every 120 stam used, so 15% chance every 120 stam.

That's 1 green crystal every 800 stam on avg.

If you consider 1 stam = 2 SP, energy is actually not a bad way to get green crystals, even though stam is a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    If you do want green crystals, the most effective way to get them (with energy) is to collect as soon as you reach the first level of the excavation quest.
    Because the chance to get one when collecting is the same at every level: 15%

So you can have a 15% chance at a green crystal every 300 energy.

That's 1 green crystal every 2000 energy on average.

With stamina, that's 15% chance (for green crystals, red ones are 20%) every time you get an essence drop.
    Let's say you're hitting one single monster a lot, you'll quickly have 1 essence drop every 120 stam used, so 15% chance every 120 stam.

That's 1 green crystal every 800 stam on avg.

If you consider 1 stam = 2 SP, energy is actually not a bad way to get green crystals, even though stam is a bit better.
    If we "assume" the 15% drop advertisement is accurate, then analysis is a good one.
    I've just never seen the "advertised" rates reflected in practice when I tested them.

The strategy has worked well for me in the past, that is why I've used it. It was working so poorly this morning I had to double check that I hadn't confused red and green crystal days.

My drop % on about 60,000 energy today is about 6%. 200 essence drops for 300 energy netted me 12 crystals. 200 is not a huge sample, but it is significantly under expectations, which has been my experience over and over and over in every advertised (as a %) drop rate.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Around 13000 energy spent, collecting every time at level 1:
    2 drops.
    15% my... (several months, same pattern)
    Last edited by Barathor; 08-02-2019 at 07:58 PM.