View Poll Results: How many Free Rolls should I save up before beginning my rolling attempts to get Jera

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 7.14%

1 7.14%
  • 100 or more

12 85.71%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to roll for Jera with Free Rolls. How many should I save up before trying?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    You do have 52 copies of the other generals in that chest? :P
    i have a 6 star grombeard, 2 star count malek, 2 star Alistar, 2 star saya, 5 star Astrid Hrothbeort, 2 star King Hrothbeort, 4 star Rose Hrothbeort, 3 star Alloken the Fallen, 4 star Grok, 5 star luno, 4 star dominus, 2 star Emeria Jade. i am done spending on this chest. just need jessika and straticus. was going for the IA. with all the bad odds for jera, i have been working on IA not sure what next chest will be that i work on.

Blog Entries

Good luck! I see an 8* Vancy coming your way bro!
    ~VoV~

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    Good luck! I see an 8* Vancy coming your way bro!
    Or if you're really lucky (like me), then you can also amass an Imelda Marcos style collection of frostwank slippers...

I got a 3* Jera from chest rolls and the 4th Star from Promo Orbs. My horror chest roll is Malekus at 5,000 FP or equivalent and still no Malekus (have multi-Star Deathrune & Lotus). Jessika is also missing.

If I didn’t have Jera, I would chase Deianira since she is 35 Chest “Drops” in TI or make the necessary purchases.

Having said that, I voted for 50 spins. The nice thing about stocking chest spins is you know exactly how many were wasted when you don’t get your General like the last time I wasted 25 free “chest” spins and still no Malekus.

I’m up to 18 free rolls now. I hope a meteorite event comes soon because they are great for earning rolls.

Depending how the upcoming "special chest" works, maybe you should just use your rolls on it while it's available... I suppose there's a good chance Jera's going to be in it?

Although maybe it will be like the Nightmare Chest and be available from time to time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Froo View Post
    Or if you're really lucky (like me), then you can also amass an Imelda Marcos style collection of frostwank slippers...
    See, if we could promote gear, that wouldn't be an issue.
    ~VoV~

8. Default

Technically it only takes one (1) roll to win Jera. In reality either you never will or you'll get her when you least expect it. It's similar to the saying 'A watched pot never boils.', which isn't true, but the point is as long as you're looking to get Jera it will make it seem even more unlikely that you ever will after you lose with each roll. The only general I wanted from the Corruption Chest was Tora. You know what happened? I got every general in the Chest, including 3 Jera, except Tora. Then one day I used a free roll and Tora pops up. I didn't keep track of the attempts, but I only received Tora earlier this year (2019). Contrary to what others have said about 'free' rolls vs FP rolls I have had much better success obtaining generals with 'free' rolls. And by 'free' I mean rolls received by spending money on promotions the provide 'free' rolls.

9. Default

When there are 2 generals in the 1% bracket, 1 out of 200 rolls (on average) should yield your choice for a general like Layla.

IOW, you could roll 100 times and that would still just be a 50/50 chance.

Jera is with 4 generals in the 5% bracket. That means 5 out of 400 rolls will yield Jera, or with 40 rolls you still only have a 50/50 chance.

Ask yourself what your resources are. I can only support this game with limited time and money.
    Last edited by Bandigerbolls; 08-17-2019 at 08:04 PM. Reason: math was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by pull lead View Post
    Years ago I posted my mostly failed attempts at rolling for chest generals. I decided that I'd like to roll for Jera using Free Rolls that I accumulate through events/promos/etc. Right now I have 17 saved up. I'd really like to not burn through all my Free Rolls without getting Jera, so I want to save up enough for a pretty good chance to get her within the number of Free Rolls I have. My question is how many rolls does everyone think I should save up before I start trying. I intend to create a thread and do a roll every 5-10 minutes and post a picture of what I get so you all can experience the agony with me just like the old days!

I already have an idea in my head for what I want to do. I think roughly it would take about 100 Free Rolls in order to have a 50/50ish chance of getting Jera by the time I exhaust all of them. Maybe that math is bad though...

What do you guys think?
    jera is a curse, i got 1 star and now i am wondering how i can get to 4 stars