Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Castle Age 10th anniversary festival!

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

People would be so mad if confuse was nerfed directly. It's a good idea I think, but CA hasn't been one to make balance changes, and I don't think players are used to that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    People would be so mad if confuse was nerfed directly. It's a good idea I think, but CA hasn't been one to make balance changes, and I don't think players are used to that idea.
    Yeah that's understandable. If you've already invested a lot in Syren (I'm sure some have her at level 80 and 8 stars), I'd understand if you got mad.

It should have been made less powerful from the get-go.

Still, I think nerfing it a bit would be better than making a whole new general against it. Maybe that's because I know I'd never invest in such a general
    It could just be nerfed in 10v and Colo for instance. And/or capping it at 60-70%, idk (I think that would still be OP). And/or not making it work with Layla (I don't think this one would make people mad, they would have invested in Layla for other purposes anyway).

But anyway, I highly doubt the devs would touch any of the GB powers to make balance changes, as you said.

Maybe not nerf an individual ability, but a general that gives a chance for an action to "rebound" would seem a good option, after all there should be at least some risk in casting a spell, be it poison, poly or whatever.....

Blog Entries

The previous Create A General contest screwed Warriors by nerfing Whirlwind, with Hermodr winning. So I have no sympathy for Mages having to rethink Confuse a bit, because this single ability is currently the most OP. Just as Whirlwind was supposedly so OP for the last one.
    ~VoV~

5. Default

Is there any update on when the in-game part of the festival is scheduled to take place?

Time to vote on the Create a General Contest

Link (FB article):
    [VOTING]Create a General Contest

And official forum post redirecting to the FB article: General idea voting

The 6 selected ideas are:
    • Crimson by The Reaper
    • Despair by Batw
    • Kitana by pull lead
    • Masilda by Dan Albright
    • Vorlinna by Jeremy Duncanson
    • Akali by Dario Pavić

Voting deadline: August 18, 23:59 PDT.
    Last edited by gogoo; 08-13-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Dang i cannot vote due to not having a facebook account. I wonder if they considered ideas from the forums? And will everyone that entered get a message so we can get the booby prize.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by c.lee.r View Post
    Dang i cannot vote due to not having a facebook account. I wonder if they considered ideas from the forums? And will everyone that entered get a message so we can get the booby prize.
    Ideas from the forum were considered, yes.

All entries will at the very least get I think it was a hero crystal.

Whether boobies are involved I will leave up to you do decide for yourself.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    Ideas from the forum were considered, yes.

All entries will at the very least get I think it was a hero crystal.

Whether boobies are involved I will leave up to you do decide for yourself.
    thanks for the info. and any hero crystal(boobie prize) would be good since i have been doing a lot of general upgrading lately.

10. Default

I can't remember how long I have been playing, but it is part of my signature, so I can read it when my post displays.
    Forum member since 3-09-2010
    Playing Castle Age since 1-8-2010