Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Accidental web4 purchases

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Will Cochrane View Post
    Its no money out of their pocket to refund the FP he already bought. And it IS good costumer relation with those who do spend freely.
    Well exactly !I've been loyal for 10 years and always buy the promos. Itd be nothing for them to just help me out in this case. I've been good business for them. Why would they want to strain any relations ? They can look at my previous transactions, they have the power

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bandigerbolls View Post
    The purchase was only half accidental. Your click was an accident, but the button layout on the web page is entirely deliberate.
    Was fully accidental. I clicked what was the monster tab at the time. Then the page jumped and the purchase happened

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Castle aged View Post
    Was fully accidental. I clicked what was the monster tab at the time. Then the page jumped and the purchase happened
    I think he meant that your half of the 'accident' really was an accident, while the devs' half wasn't.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    I think he meant that your half of the 'accident' really was an accident, while the devs' half wasn't.
    Yeah. Sneaky devs. I'm sure that's exactly why offers are on the home screen
    Last edited by Castle aged; 07-17-2019 at 03:06 PM.

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

I'd be surprised if devs counted on missclicks as a source of revenue, however it's almost certain the latest chest/hero are definitely on the home page as an 'advertisement' to those things, to get people to (intentionally) spend FPs on them. (which is ok I suppose)

6. Default

I'd be surprised if devs counted on missclicks as a source of revenue, however it's almost certain the latest chest/hero are definitely on the home page as an 'advertisement' to those things, to get people to (intentionally) spend FPs on them. (which is ok I suppose)
    The accidental clicks weren't intended, I know that much. It stems from the app never being intended to be used on mobile devices. However, when people did start using it on mobile devices Phoenix Age (yes, the issue is -that- old) should have acted and changed the page. We did complain to them about it all the way up until they sold the game to Gaea.

As it stands now I think Gaea has two options.

1. If all they are after is advertisement then they could change the items to link to the oracle instead.

2. If they want to keep the purchase feature on there then they need popups to confirm the purchase.

Realistically any purchase with FP should be confirmed though so they probably should just go with option #2.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

I "bought" Joan on a screenjump with my mini

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    The accidental clicks weren't intended, I know that much. It stems from the app never being intended to be used on mobile devices. However, when people did start using it on mobile devices Phoenix Age (yes, the issue is -that- old) should have acted and changed the page. We did complain to them about it all the way up until they sold the game to Gaea.

As it stands now I think Gaea has two options.

1. If all they are after is advertisement then they could change the items to link to the oracle instead.

2. If they want to keep the purchase feature on there then they need popups to confirm the purchase.

Realistically any purchase with FP should be confirmed though so they probably should just go with option #2.
    Both ideas are great. Things they want to advertise as "deals" or whatever could be on the Oracle page. Or if they keep in on home page, at the very least add a confirmation click

9. Default

EXACTLY. Your part was fully accidental. The web designers place the buttons where they want them to go, so their setup was fully by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    All of my unwanted purchases happened from PC and a 24" screen. Things shouldn't move through the screen as if they were alive while loading. I blame screen jumps and what I call "windows shuffling", it is not a matter of big fingers on a mobile phone
    Last edited by Barathor; 07-18-2019 at 10:21 PM. Reason: grtammar fix