Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: how is it even possible?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by thomasj8 View Post
    Yes, we can judge the devs based upon the actions they have and have not taken in the years since they purchased the game, with the latter being far greater than the former
    To some degree, sure.

I mean, actions taken is always a good way to judge. Not much to be said there.

Actions not taken becomes a bit of a point of debate because then you have to first know and understand -why- no action was taken. People make a -lot- of assumptions with this one and at least 90% of them are incorrect. By far the biggest reason for Gaea not to take action would be if the feature in question was appearing to function as intended. Whether that was because the feature was actually functioning as intended or whether that was because we made it appear that way due to working around issues that weren't for us to resolve is a bit of a different discussion. If and when you do know and understand the reason then judging by lack of action becomes valid.

Judging on actions that they were never given a chance to be taken is an absolute no. When you see an issue with the game you really don't get to decide that "Gaea won't fix this anyway" and then choose to try and fix it yourself because you literally do not know if it would or would not be fixed. Heck, likely you don't even know if Gaea is aware of the issue yet. It's essentially that earlier mentioned assumptions bit again. What is important with this one is that for them to consider fixing an issue they have to also be able to -see- that issue. If we start using working arounds while Gaea is investigating an issue then we may also be preventing them from seeing that ongoing issue.

The bottom line in terms of judging I guess is this. You want to judge Gaea? Then at least have the courtesy to judge them based on fact and not on assumptions.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    The bottom line in terms of judging I guess is this. You want to judge Gaea? Then at least have the courtesy to judge them based on fact and not on assumptions.
    As a customer of any business, I judge based upon results. I don’t care about the potential complexities nor should any customer be expected to do so from an entertainment company like the devs. Their track record is consistently poor, so I have very low expectations, but don’t try to tell people that they cannot judge the devs on new issues when their record on old issues is horrendous.
    Chimæra

3. Default

As a customer of any business, I judge based upon results. I don’t care about the potential complexities nor should any customer be expected to do so from an entertainment company like the devs. Their track record is consistently poor, so I have very low expectations, but don’t try to tell people that they cannot judge the devs on new issues when their record on old issues is horrendous.
    I'm not telling anyone that they can't judge the devs on new issues.

I'm telling people that they can't judge Gaea on dealing with those new issues before they even get a chance to actually look at said issues, confirm said issues, and decide on how to respond to them.

Effectively the difference between:

"Well... I found this issue but Gaea won't fix it so I'm not going to report it and instead I am going to do so and so."

AND

"Well... I found this issue, support says that Gaea won't fix it and because of that I now have to do so and so."

If you aren't going to allow them to even (properly) look at an issue then you can't judge them on how they handled it.

(Btw... as much as I agree with their poor track record and the low expectations, results from the past are no guarantee for results in the future.)
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 07-05-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

(Btw... as much as I agree with their poor track record and the low expectations, results from the past are no guarantee for results in the future.)
    My last comment, as I do not want to derail the thread further, but results from the past are a viable predictor of the future with these devs. There is no such thing as a "guarantee", but the odds of them breaking from the past in any particular issue is less than 10% IMO. Add in that this is a 'maintenance mode' game and that really should be less than 3%
    Chimæra

5. Default

My last comment, as I do not want to derail the thread further, but results from the past are a viable predictor of the future with these devs. There is no such thing as a "guarantee", but the odds of them breaking from the past in any particular issue is less than 10% IMO. Add in that this is a 'maintenance mode' game and that really should be less than 3%
    Ha! We did agree on something then. I was about to say something similar in terms of not wanting to derail the thread further if you posted another reply.

I suppose entire discussions can be had about this but honestly, I don't think we are thinking too much apart on this.

Given your own behavior from the past I don't see you judging the devs on actions they never took (yet) while very much expecting nothing from them. Which is pretty much what I do now a days. I generally make the effort to at least point things out so that I can say that I did so but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway... to try and get back on topic at least somewhat, Ghost said that he would talk to Gaea about shutting down the team matching option until it can be improved upon. Other suggestions such as adding NPC's, broadening the matching brackets, etc also have been made. We'll have to see what Gaea does what all this information. I genuinely wonder just how much Gaea was truly able to see last season from what was going on.

How about having to perform actions to get any points form a battle, whether win or lose - no reward for no participation sounds fair?

Ghost said that he would talk to Gaea about shutting down the team matching option until it can be improved upon.
    Actions speak louder than words, sooner rather than later. Colosseum doesn't need to be about teams. We have AB 100v & 10v for that

8. Default

There is a high concentration of people from the same guild with close to 999 stars. It is clear the match option is being abused by a limited and identifyble group. I wish they eliminate the team option and all is random, and based on level rather than standing so there is no matching bottle necks.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Vaz Neto View Post
    The only truth in your post is that you can battle during 6 hours on each day. All the rest is speculation. It is possible to have 360 battles in 2 sessions. You only need to kill your opponent under a minute. You do the math. How many sessions we had until now? I am a gladiator with 827 stars and I plan to go much higher than this. And by the way, I have limited computer skills and I don't know how to script. It seems to me you do not understand the game you play.
    You may have missed the part where the question is about matching 360 times.

You know, since some of have experienced waiting an hour or more for getting matches.

I'm currently 35 minutes in with a team and our top rank in Diamond 4.

So, if you want to prentend that you've figured something out, please share us these grand insights.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Brotocol View Post
    I am sure the team has already been looking into this to see if they can spot any suspicious activity, but I will bring it to their attention
    so wenn is "team" going to do something? before it ends?