Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "You did not find any loot during this excavation. Try again!" - Health Excavation

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    I said that because it's apparently happening to everyone (not sure though, but it looks likely to me), [...]
    [...], so it doesn't look like it was put there by mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    Also, please do not say everyone b/c obviously you have not talk to everyone. That kind of "absolute" statement can lead to misinformation dissemination.
    Absolute? Wtf?
    It's extremely far from being an absolute statement. It's actually pretty much the opposite of an absolute statement. If anyone takes anything I wrote in this post for the definite truth, it's on them.

No, I do a lot of essence excavation every week for several accounts, and I have not seen such message.
    The 3 players who said that never happened to them, including you, never stated whether you collected at lvl 1 or lvl 4 (or 2 or 3, even though there's not much point in collecting at lvl 2 or 3).
    It would be interesting to know.

-----------------

Here's another "testimony" on the subject, from Discord:
    Quote Originally Posted by sisu
    I donít post on forum anymore, but regarding this: [link to this thread] this is not a bug. Thereís always been a chance of getting nothing if you donít excavate fully. Itís been this way for years.
    So that's yet another take on the matter... Since he says it has always been like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    The 3 players who said that never happened to them, including you, never stated whether you collected at lvl 1 or lvl 4 (or 2 or 3, even though there's not much point in collecting at lvl 2 or 3).
    It would be interesting to know.

-----------------

Here's another "testimony" on the subject, from Discord:

So that's yet another take on the matter... Since he says it has always been like that.

95% of the time I always collect at L1, unless my energy is overflow during the week b/c I level up too fast then I collect at higher levels. That usually happens during special monster events.

Perhaps, next time you could find out if these people who do not get essence on collection whether their account is iOS or not? If the person you quoted from discord say it has been always like that then it would be very weird for me, statistically speaking. I have done at least 10K excavations over the years, and I always observe closely each time I collect to see if I get green crystal or not. I always get essence but green crystal is not a guarantee.

Perhaps, the text may be a mistype intended to let the player know they did not get green crystal, but essence you should always get.
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 07-09-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

FB account here, i saw the 'failure' msg some time ago (maybe 3-4 months?) for the first time.
    I always collect at lvl1 and showed up on more than 1 excavation quest, as i tried others as well.
    Ever since, i keep seeing it on subsequent 'green crystal' days, not always, but at least 10 times in that period.
    I have not checked whether i DID get any essence after all (besides not getting any green crystal) despite the 'failure' msg though.
    I'll try to remember and keep an eye out next time it shows up, for a screenshot and whether i did actually get the essences.
    Last edited by Fadasmax; 07-09-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

4. Default

That kind of "absolute" statement can lead to misinformation dissemination.
    Just blindly dismissing all new information as "false" can -also- lead to misinformation dissemination.

Perhaps, next time you could find out if these people who do not get essence on collection whether their account is iOS or not?
    This issue, both message and not getting essence, is confirmed to happen on both iOS and web based versions of the game. Not only that, it's been reported that the failure rate is higher the lower the level you complete.

I have done at least 10K excavations over the years, and I always observe closely each time I collect to see if I get green crystal or not.
    Perhaps, the text may be a mistype intended to let the player know they did not get green crystal.
    Given that the issue occurs on both FB and iOS I would argue that in 10K excavations (9500 at lvl 1 according to your own words) you should have had this happen at least once or twice -unless-:

1. You really weren't paying as close attention as you claimed.

OR

2. This is a more recent change and you just haven't seen it happen yet.

I know you well enough to say that option 1 does not apply (but by all means correct me if I'm wrong). Which then suggests that this could be a recent change.

Given that people are still trying to figure that out it would help to stay at least a bit open minded in terms of potential changes.

As such I'm going to ask that, unless confirmed further in the thread, you refrain from making statements such as:

but essence you should always get.
    Because to put in in your own words:

That kind of "absolute" statement can lead to misinformation dissemination.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 07-09-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    Just blindly dismissing all new information as "false" can -also- lead to misinformation dissemination.

This issue, both message and not getting essence, is confirmed to happen on both iOS and web based versions of the game. Not only that, it's been reported that the failure rate is higher the lower the level you complete.

Given that the issue occurs on both FB and iOS I would argue that in 10K excavations (9500 at lvl 1 according to your own words) you should have had this happen at least once or twice -unless-:

1. You really weren't paying as close attention as you claimed.

OR

2. This is a more recent change and you just haven't seen it happen yet.

I know you well enough to say that option 1 does not apply (but by all means correct me if I'm wrong). Which then suggests that this could be a recent change.

Given that people are still trying to figure that out it would help to stay at least a bit open minded in terms of potential changes.

As such I'm going to ask that, unless confirmed further in the thread, you refrain from making statements such as:

Because to put in in your own words:

Thanks!
    I'm in the same boat (give or take) as Dok.
    I have level one collected more times than I could imagine. I have never received that message. It really is a blessing that it won't let collect until you've either completed a level or run out of time.

For grins and giggles I'll do a few dozen on crystal day this week and see if I can get it .
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    I have level one collected more times than I could imagine. I have never received that message. It really is a blessing that it won't let collect until you've either completed a level or run out of time.

For grins and giggles I'll do a few dozen on crystal day this week and see if I can get it .
    Since I made my previous post it's been said that this message pops up when you don't complete even level 1 of the excavation before time runs out. This makes sense since in that situation something would need to be reported back to the player. It also begs the question of whether the game is not fully registering the completion of level 1 for some reason even though it's displaying that it is complete.

The funny thing is that even though I gave Dokkodo a hard time for being close minded, I don't disagree that this could be a bug.

That said, I've made the suggestion on Discord to try refreshing before collecting on level 1 excavations to see if it still shows as complete then. I would be interested to see whether this is the case or not.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    I have level one collected more times than I could imagine. I have never received that message.
    It really is a blessing that it won't let collect until you've either completed a level or run out of time.

That is what I am saying. Though I am not like BaTW in the sense of touting stochastic terminology or put up links for math equations, I am interested in my personal game statistic, which I kept records of data for each thing that I am interested. Green crystal drop rate is one of these things that I keep track to make sure it is not too far off from the advertisement. As such, I record all essence collection over the years as well as recent as last weekend. Yet, I have not seen the message these folks are talking about.

Perhaps, the recent changes some people reported exist in a few servers and not all across the board? Perhaps, the changes are accidental due to one of the past updates? If I see such thing I would certainly have reported or post a question on it already. This is why I think it might be a bug.

I probably kept more data on this game over the last 10 years more than most average players. I used to share info with what I learned from this game to everyone. However, over the years, I learned to not trust everyone in this game. There are just too many trolls who take your help and then turn around stab you in the back later. I need to remember to not come to this pond and be helpful with anything I know again, or else I get drown out by its noisy resident's croaking sermons. If only there was a way to filter or block the croaking noises.
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 07-09-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

8. Default

I need to remember to not come to this pond and be helpful with anything I know again, or else I get drown out by its noisy resident's croaking sermons. If only there was a way to filter or block the croaking noises.
    <croak>

If you don't want to be croaked at then maybe not be crappy to others on here?

Like telling people not to make "absolute" statements about intended behavior to prevent false information from spreading only to finish that by making an "absolute" statement about said intended behavior?

If you want to be helpful then by all means do, nobody will croak at you for that no matter how much info you share.

But if you are going to try to derail a conversation by being crappy to others, then don't complain when you get croaked out on that behavior!

</croak>

As far as the topic goes...

Perhaps, the recent changes some people reported exist in a few servers and not all across the board? Perhaps, the changes are accidental due to one of the past updates? If I see such thing I would certainly have reported or post a question on it already. This is why I think it might be a bug.
    I agree that this is likely a bug.

If I had to speculate then it's likely another case of behind the scene tripping, which is why I asked people to refresh before they collect. To see if that might show something out of the ordinary.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 07-09-2019 at 09:54 PM.