Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "You did not find any loot during this excavation. Try again!" - Health Excavation

Default "You did not find any loot during this excavation. Try again!" - Health Excavation

This had never happened to me before.

2 days ago I brought the Mist II Health Excavation Quest to level 1 several times before collecting.

And when collecting instead of getting 200 Health Essence I got this message:
    "You did not find any loot during this excavation. Try again!"

Twice. Out of 13 collects at lvl 1.

I don't think I've seen written anywhere (wiki, forums...) that Def & Health Excavation quests have a failure rate.

Was I just very lucky before that it never happened to me? Or is it something new, or a bug?

Blog Entries

I've never seen or heard about such a thing.
    ~VoV~

It is likely a bug. You should report this to the devs.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

4. Default

I also get this. It's started several months ago. I've seen it a few times on weekends, when collecting after the level 1 health quest. About 2 failures when collecting 15 times.

I've gotten this message as well several times, on all excavation quests.
    First time i feel it was about 3 months ago.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

So it definitely does not seem to be a bug.
    Really weird that it was added recently...

It's happened to me again, now I'm at 3 failures out of 27 collects.
    That's roughly a 10% failure rate. Though the sample is way too small.

I was collecting at Lvl 1 for the green crystals chance, and because the essence earned was not that much worse; but now I'm wondering whether I'll keep trying to earn crystals through Excavation quests.

I've asked someone who collects at Lvl 3 or 4 or he hasn't seen this message. So the success rate may be 100% or close at higher collection levels.

Weird, has never happened to me.....yet

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    So it definitely does not seem to be a bug.
    Really weird that it was added recently...

It's happened to me again, now I'm at 3 failures out of 27 collects.
    That's roughly a 10% failure rate. Though the sample is way too small.

I was collecting at Lvl 1 for the green crystals chance, and because the essence earned was not that much worse; but now I'm wondering whether I'll keep trying to earn crystals through Excavation quests.

I've asked someone who collects at Lvl 3 or 4 or he hasn't seen this message. So the success rate may be 100% or close at higher collection levels.

How do you know for sure that it is not a bug? And how do you know that it was recently changed? Have you talk to someone from CA and that is what they told you?

As far as I know since essence excavation was introduced, you always get essence regardless what level you complete. The success rate does not increase at higher level. There is a trade off for collect at high level vs at lower level and that is the energy cost to essence amount ratio.

Code:
    	energy	tot ene	essence	tot ess	ene:ess
    L1	300	300	205	205	1.46
    L2	400	700	310	515	1.36
    L3	500	1200	415	930	1.29
    L4	600	1800	520	1450	1.24

As you can see the your energy to essence cost is higher at L1 than at L4, and that is the penalty already built in for collection early at lower level. To add another layer of failure on collection would be too severe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    How do you know for sure that it is not a bug? And how do you know that it was recently changed? Have you talk to someone from CA and that is what they told you?

As far as I know since essence excavation was introduced, you always get essence regardless what level you complete. The success rate does not increase at higher level. There is a trade off for collect at high level vs at lower level and that is the energy cost to essence amount ratio.

Code:
    	energy	tot ene	essence	tot ess	ene:ess
    L1	300	300	205	205	1.46
    L2	400	700	310	515	1.36
    L3	500	1200	415	930	1.29
    L4	600	1800	520	1450	1.24

As you can see the your energy to essence cost is higher at L1 than at L4, and that is the penalty already built in for collection early at lower level. To add another layer of failure on collection would be too severe.
    I said that because it's apparently happening to everyone (not sure though, but it looks likely to me), and there's also a message for it. It's not like the game said you were getting the Essence, but when you check in your keep nothing was actually added.
    Here, there's an actual "failure" message which is specific to excavation, so it doesn't look like it was put there by mistake.

Also I said it was recently changed because everyone in this thread who said it happened to them also said it started happening a few months ago.

But I suppose it could still be unintended / a bug, and I do agree with you that the "original" penalty for collecting at lower levels is definitely enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    I said that because it's apparently happening to everyone (not sure though, but it looks likely to me), and there's also a message for it. It's not like the game said you were getting the Essence, but when you check in your keep nothing was actually added.
    Here, there's an actual "failure" message which is specific to excavation, so it doesn't look like it was put there by mistake.

Also I said it was recently changed because everyone in this thread who said it happened to them also said it started happening a few months ago.

But I suppose it could still be unintended / a bug, and I do agree with you that the "original" penalty for collecting at lower levels is definitely enough.
    No, I do a lot of essence excavation every week for several accounts, and I have not seen such message. Also, please do not say everyone b/c obviously you have not talk to everyone. That kind of "absolute" statement can lead to misinformation dissemination. If anything, I believe this was a bug. And if it was surreptitiously changed but not inform to the players base then that was am underhanded move by the devs.