Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why a new equipment piece? Can't you just make war banners more available?

Colo 2 so far is a lot harder than Colo 1 probably coz less player, I'm gold 3 at rank 987...

"Back to banners: The point is we are not even talking about spending or playing all day long. You can purchase the 3 banners from the neverending 100vs100 season with little to none effort, given that we usually have daily iron & wood for gold, which weren't available early on. Just spend some energy, spend your conquest tokens, join some battles and reap the rewards. If a player doesn't even do that, he/she can't expect to develop their toon at a reasonable pace, and most important, they can't expect other players to remain stagnant."

Misguiding info again. You are forgetting one of the most important ingredients going this route, ranking! If your guild does not rank Vanguard in the HvH battles, you cannot get the banners NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU DONATE. I've been in 2 separate guilds that could not rank vanguard. And, as much as I complain about not getting refreshed items for a new "season", I was glad that I had the chance to still earn the old banners. Except, I still can't earn them because the guild can't earn them through ranking. So, these banners are practically unobtainable. Join another guild, you might say? Then you have to start your donations all over again. Go the Chromus route. Another path of impossible. If you can get in one that isn't dead in 1 day, you still can't do enough damage to earn the legendary loot. 272.5 mil out of a 3 bil target? Really? Make a different banner that is better than Bogo, easier to obtain as a single player (not dependent on guild actions), doesn't take 4 years to earn, and I'll shut up.
    Last edited by Miyagii; 07-03-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    3. I decided against playing Cleric due to bounce & WW. You are brave as an active Cleric for your team.
    I am still trying to discern which class is the best for me; I seem to be able to spend tokens faster than average and thought it would be useful to have a enhanced defense when oppponent joined or were able to strike.
    I don't own the basics to play warrior and I still have to try mage and rogue (again)

4. I play Mage and do not use confuse due to good sportsmanship because people are having difficulties dropping tokens.
    I can't stand people who Confuse on 3x days when they are wining, but I do support the use of Confuse in Colosseum. I bought several copies of Syren for Colosseum 1, but switching loadouts took me too much time and I usually was dead before I could start confusing seriously. I tried rogue too and it was fun.[/QUOTE]

5. Barathor, you could use a bit more health. 4,590 battle health is easy to zero out.
    I know, it is quite a flaw in my toon. I am slowly leveling up my health rune.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagii View Post
    Misguiding info again. You are forgetting one of the most important ingredients going this route, ranking! If your guild does not rank Vanguard in the HvH battles, you cannot get the banners NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU DONATE. I've been in 2 separate guilds that could not rank vanguard. And, as much as I complain about not getting refreshed items for a new "season", I was glad that I had the chance to still earn the old banners. Except, I still can't earn them because the guild can't earn them through ranking. So, these banners are practically unobtainable. Join another guild, you might say? Then you have to start your donations all over again. Go the Chromus route. Another path of impossible. If you can get in one that isn't dead in 1 day, you still can't do enough damage to earn the legendary loot. 272.5 mil out of a 3 bil target? Really? Make a different banner that is better than Bogo, easier to obtain as a single player (not dependent on guild actions), doesn't take 4 years to earn, and I'll shut up.
    There are now 201 guilds ranked Vanguard and most of them recruit.
    Wood and Iron are not a problem, you get at least an average of 5000 of each for gold a week plus the amount you get from Mist lands and Mist attacks.
    10 minutes of daily play grant at least 50 guild coins. Triple day battle, last minute join, grants another 20 coins minimum.

Elite Oakforce Banner = 2.000gc and 50.000 donations points = 5.5 weeks.
    Elite Warmonger Warbanner = 4.000gc and 70.000 donations point (20.000 more than green banner) = 11 weeks.

This grants the most common and useful banners in less than 4 months with 10minutes of dayplay.

If you refuse to change to a more competitive guild, it is not a problem of game design. But not only you are missing must-have gear, your guild bonus based on Arena might not be max too and you would be wasting stamina while hunting and energy while trading essences.

I strongly suggest you to move to a better, active guild. Given the length of this season, it is unlikely you'll ever reach Vanguard with a non-Vanguard (or at least Platinum) guild. If for any reason you chose to stick to your guild, take into account that you are voluntarily chosing barriers for your toon development (which is not bad either, but definitely not devs fault)
    Last edited by Barathor; 07-03-2019 at 01:26 PM. Reason: grammar fix

"If for any reason you chose to stick to your guild, take into account that you are voluntarily chosing barriers for your toon development (which is not bad either, but definitely not devs fault)"

There are 7 banners. There are only 2 paths to get them, Chromus farming and HvH ranking (guild hopping if needed)/donating. I'm suggesting make more available before starting a new item.
    There are 40+ boots now and 20+ ways to get them. That was easy to work in. So, why not?

"If for any reason you chose to stick to your guild, take into account that you are voluntarily chosing barriers for your toon development (which is not bad either, but definitely not devs fault)"

There are 7 banners. There are only 2 paths to get them, Chromus farming and HvH ranking (guild hopping if needed)/donating. I'm suggesting make more available before starting a new item.
    There are 40+ boots now and 20+ ways to get them. That was easy to work in. So, why not?
    acurally their is only 1 kinda of boots with a slot in it for a chaos gem.
    and it is crazy hard to get without doing one of two things: guild hopping for hitting oro's.
    or piss you guild mates off and jump in each you guild gets.
    else it will take youre years to get them( if ever )
    Last edited by hansa; 07-04-2019 at 02:20 AM.

Lots of boots, didn't know about the slotted one. I was just citing an example for comparison.
    Didn't quite catch what "or piss you guild mates off and jump in each you guild gets" meant. I was, however, thinking of switching just for Oro loot. Haven't seen new loot for a while. But, I am straying off the thread subject. I think Barathor rapped it up nicely enough.
    Thanks for the info all. Good luck in your Colo 2 time crunches. Hope you don't lag out. That's why I stopped.
    Last edited by Miyagii; 07-04-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Lots of boots, didn't know about the slotted one. I was just citing an example for comparison.
    Didn't quite catch what "or piss you guild mates off and jump in each you guild gets" meant. I was, however, thinking of switching just for Oro loot. Haven't seen new loot for a while. But, I am straying off the thread subject. I think Barathor rapped it up nicely enough.
    Thanks for the info all. Good luck in your Colo 2 time crunches. Hope you don't lag out. That's why I stopped.
    "or piss you guild mates off and jump in each you guild gets" their is only room for 12-15 players of the guild to get legendary on 1 of them, so if all 100 in the guild wants in, that means you only get a shot at legendary loot 1 out of 9 time you guild gets one of them.
    but if you cheat youre guild mates and jump in each, that will piss them right off (well in most guilds it will).
    and most likely get you booted from guild loooong before you have youre boots ;-)
    Last edited by hansa; 07-04-2019 at 11:48 AM.

I'm on phone and don't have much time but I wanted to give my opinion on a few things.

1. Yes you can earn way enough points to reach the max each week by being inactive in all matches. Not that it's fun or nice to do.
    I can earn all of them in 2 x 3 hours, and I frankly don't have much impact on a lot of battles. So maybe it would take 3 x 3 hours by being inactive, idk, but definitely easily doable in a week.

2. I think the main reason rankings are harder this season is just because it's the beginning of the season and everyone started low. It will get easier with each week, as it did in S1.
    I have screenshots from the S1 leaderboards at the beginning and 5 days in, they looked roughly the same for both seasons (there were still diamond players in the top 50 after 4 or 5 days).

3. @Miyagii There are nice Vanguard guilds out there which would probably accept you for a day just so that you can spend resources for donation points and buy all Banners. Maybe try to find one. What do you have to lose doing that? With the Mystic Emporium, everyone can easily have way more than enough woof and iron.

"With the Mystic Emporium, everyone can easily have way more than enough woof and iron."
    This reminds me that new toons can only reap just less than $2bil in CA gold/day. They cannot afford to buy these weekly mystic drops, especially if the forget to collect. And, unless there is a system, I haven't paid attention, but aren't the sources dropped at random with hero crystals and colored crystals? You are expecting a good amount to be dropped to make donations. This statement also kinda reminds me of what was said before "Back to banners: The point is we are not even talking about spending or playing all day long. You can purchase the 3 banners from the neverending 100vs100 season with little to none effort, given that we usually have daily iron & wood for gold, which weren't available early on." This little to no effort isn't actually real. How many times a day do you need to get on just to get guild coins? I stopped playing last year because I was trying to get in to 3 HvH battles and follow up with 3 TvT battles. That combined with real life and mini's? Drove me nuts. I agree if you aren't in a capable guild, join a new one. But, that just furthers the need I am driving at to make banners more available. The original topic was not how you are doing in Colo 2, it was that "they" didn't have to start a new item when they could have made something that is scarce and not easy to come by (still argumentative to everyone) more available. "If you refuse to change to a more competitive guild, it is not a problem of game design." If the point of CA was to constant flip through guilds to cash into old prizes, then guilds are "who-oars" (ASIPhily) and someone always has to stay behind to keep that guild's effects alive. Only transferring players get to reap. I'm sure this system has been used tons of times. Not giving new players and old players a better foot to stand on will hinder them from trying to compete in arenas and colos. I could be wrong. Are the CA participation numbers increasing? Are they getting new players or just old players with new mini's? I guess if cash is coming in, who cares? I haven't spent a dime on the game, but it's little details like constant segregation that keeps me away. These events are for elite players only. No one new can get the top prizes. And, you aren't separated from players that utterly stomp you. How can you compete? But, now I'm getting off topic.
    Last edited by Miyagii; 07-04-2019 at 11:16 PM.