Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why a new equipment piece? Can't you just make war banners more available?

1. Default

Why? There was an empty slot to be filled.

(of course, now the loadouts are unbalanced, and they'll need to add 2 more items)
    Last edited by Bandigerbolls; 07-02-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    I think what he means is that you can just click "Single" and then do nothing else, come back later and click Single again if the match is over or otherwise wait a bit more. But you can be completely inactive and still earn Honor Points. And you earn Honor Points even if you lose the match.
    That's exactly what Imeant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    Can you earn enough that way to get one of the medals though?
    Maybe (just maybe) not in 1 season, but can definitely get one for free in 2 seasons (unless they are only available for this SII, which is not likely).

Back to banners: The point is we are not even talking about spending or playing all day long. You can purchase the 3 banners from the neverending 100vs100 season with little to none effort, given that we usually have daily iron & wood for gold, which weren't available early on. Just spend some energy, spend your conquest tokens, join some battles and reap the rewards. If a player doesn't even do that, he/she can't expect to develop their toon at a reasonable pace, and most important, they can't expect other players to remain stagnant.

Talking about living on other's effort:

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    Maybe (just maybe) not in 1 season, but can definitely get one for free in 2 seasons (unless they are only available for this SII, which is not likely).
    Pro tip, never base decisions like this on assumptions, -ever-.

If you do find yourself forced to make a decision based on an assumption then -always- assume the worst but hope for the best.

I can almost guarantee you major disappointment in your future if you don't go that route.

In this case we do not know whether these medals will be around in the next season.

Quite honestly, I highly suspect that Gaea might rotate them because once someone has all three medals, there would be no point to keep playing the feature beyond TK copies.

Also consider that some bought at least one medal on day 1, which effectively reduced the remaining effort needed to get these medals by 1/3 right out of the gate.

Knowing all that I honestly don't think that it's a good idea to tell people to just join battles and do nothing and they'll get the points for the medals.

Especially if we don't even know if enough points can be earned inside a single season to get to one medal. (I'm still hoping to see that someone did the math on that btw.)

At the end of the day the rewards should go to those who are willing to put in the effort so if people want to get the medals... stop being lazy and start clicking buttons!
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 07-02-2019 at 08:33 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Especially if we don't even know if enough points can be earned inside a single season to get to one medal. (I'm still hoping to see that someone did the math on that btw.)
    Also, it's nice to see that the beginning and end dates are already set:
    From June 26, 2019, 00:00:00 To SEP 25, 2019, 00:00:00

That's 13 weeks (if I'm not mistaken).

Which means the best players will be able to afford 2 Medals (80k points each) at the end of the season, if they save all their points for it.
    Max Honor Points you can earn during the season:
    If you reach Gladiator the first week: 170,400 (140,400 from weekly rewards + 30,000 from end rewards)
    If you're Gold the whole season: 93,000 (78k + 15k)
    (link)

Except that after all it's going to be 14 "Colosseum weeks" since the first and last weeks only last a few days.
    So yeah, anyone can get 1 Medal by just playing enough, since Gold is reachable by anyone.

6. Default

(link)

Except that after all it's going to be 14 "Colosseum weeks" since the first and last weeks only last a few days.
    So yeah, anyone can get 1 Medal by just playing enough, since Gold is reachable by anyone.
    Right. I remember seeing those numbers.

Thanks again for those. :]

In this case though we're talking about doing nothing but join and then sit on your hands until you get to join again.

Does -that- earn anything close to one medal?

At that point I suspect that you are mostly losing your battles unless you are lucky enough to get in a team that has some actives?

Btw... on a side note, I asked Ghost to check with Gaea if they intent to rotate the medals. So far he's said that he wasn't told about that but he does kind of suspect it (same as me). If he gets an answer to the question I'll let you all know.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 07-02-2019 at 09:19 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

Knowing all that I honestly don't think that it's a good idea to tell people to just join battles and do nothing and they'll get the points for the medals.
    [...]
    At the end of the day the rewards should go to those who are willing to put in the effort so if people want to get the medals... stop being lazy and start clicking buttons!
    I guess I didn't explain myself ok: all I say is that there is no room for complaining about the game forcing us to work too hard in order to get good things when we have 3 banners available for almost nothing and the chance for free items in Colosseum. Of course I don't encourage anybody to go the parasite route (I even complained about that and suggested not awarding points to that people in another thread)

8. Default

I guess I didn't explain myself ok: all I say is that there is no room for complaining about the game forcing us to work too hard in order to get good things when we have 3 banners available for almost nothing and the chance for free items in Colosseum. Of course I don't encourage anybody to go the parasite route (I even complained about that and suggested not awarding points to that people in another thread)
    Fair enough. :]

Although, if I'm being fair then I also have to say that the game -does- kind of expect us to work too hard. But that is nothing new. I've been saying that for years. That the expected investment does not compare to the given payout.

Either way I think that we agree that good things should only come to those who are willing to work for it though. :]

Talking about living on other's effort:

1. This Colo season is a lot harder than last season as I struggled to get to Gold and finally made Platinum (I play 5 toons and all 5 struggled in week 1).

2. I have the opposite problem of being the Mage with Enrage who is last guy standing for my team. I am the last active for my team and have to face 2 to 4 active opponents (who aren’t Rogues or Mages). It’s a grind and slugfest. In one battle, we had two active Mages on my team against two active Clerics who kept using Mass Heal; we won but it was a mess and took 18 minutes to get it done.

3. I decided against playing Cleric due to bounce & WW. You are brave as an active Cleric for your team.

My other choice besides a Mage is being a Rogue (so I can strip DF & Enrage). My health rune at +764 is too low for a Cleric at my level of competition.

4. I play Mage and do not use confuse due to good sportsmanship because people are having difficulties dropping tokens. So far the battles are quick so I don’t see a lot of confuse being used. The good news so far is I am winning 60% of the battles when the opponents use confuse. I suspect when I battle more in Platinum, confuse will be the deciding factor.

I am struggling to get my tokens to fire off and when it finally fires, there is a confuse on me (so why bother joining the battle!). So basically Colo is about the team that can get tokens to fire off. If you are going to win because your tokens fired off, then play nice and stun me quickly so we all can get to the next battle.

5. Barathor, you could use a bit more health. 4,590 battle health is easy to zero out.

(link)

I have 3 toons and two Drones so I get a good perspective on the game.

Colo 2 so far is a lot harder than Colo 1. I haven’t figured out why it’s harder but I suspect the Dev changed the number of players in the top pools. My estimate for Gold is ranked 300ish to 3Kish.

However, since the reward is highest level reached and not the level you end up, reaching Gold for 1 week meets the condition for the Gold award.