Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why a new equipment piece? Can't you just make war banners more available?

Default Why a new equipment piece? Can't you just make war banners more available?

It seems clear that the new "medal" equipment slot was made to tie more people into Colo 2. It also seems, at the moment, that it is the only way to get a medal. I don't join events like these because of the time drain, bugs, lag, and seemingly impossible ranking. In fact, I'll bet that the 15 out of the top 20 that do place in these events, (Colo, Arena, etc) are the same winners year after year. But, I did jump in for Colo 2 because it seemed the only way to get one. So, simply, why make a new equip item? Why not give a chance at a different war banner? There are what, 7? And, we aren't seeing any more. We can't be teased with a new "season" for 100 vs 100 prizes or 10 vs 10 prizes either, but a new item category is the result. I seriously hope there is a different way to get a medal. I feel that adding items categories that can only be obtained through these events segregates newer players, if there are any and not just minis, from wanting to join the CA events. Nubes just get washed out.
    Last edited by Miyagii; 06-29-2019 at 08:06 PM.

As someone who only has Bogo's Skull Stick, I'd like to see some more accessible banners. There are active players who don't even have the free banner. (Why wasn't it included in the Bogo pack?) I also don't understand the need for a new item slot. However, as I'd been saving for enough honor points to upgrade The Time Keeper to four stars, I'm well on my way to getting a banner instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinc View Post
    As someone who only has Bogo's Skull Stick, I'd like to see some more accessible banners. There are active players who don't even have the free banner. (Why wasn't it included in the Bogo pack?) I also don't understand the need for a new item slot. However, as I'd been saving for enough honor points to upgrade The Time Keeper to four stars, I'm well on my way to getting a banner instead.
    1. Please join a Vanguard ranked in 100v

2. Make the necessary donations to upgrade “towers” and have sufficient guild coins and you too can obtain all three war banners.

4. Default

Alternatively you could go for the Chromus Warbanner. Shouldn't take more than a few months.

A new item category with slots will provide a far better result than a new banner. PERIOD. (Check Chaos gems, even the easiest ones to get)

And you don't even need to play in order to get honor points, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    A new item category with slots will provide a far better result than a new banner. PERIOD. (Check Chaos gems, even the easiest ones to get)
    This ^^^^

I new item is of much greater game impact than the usual new iteration on an existing item. If the Op does not want to play, nor problem as there is so much content for most player to still get. For those who want to dedicate the time to Colosseum, great to have a worthwhile award.
    Chimæra

Blog Entries

Also, a new gear type saves the hassle of losing gems, using Unbind Stones, and wasted Enhance Crystals.
    ~VoV~

"And you don't even need to play in order to get honor points, come on."
    You want to explain that one? If this was true, why wouldn't everyone play? Also, you still need a min to earn a medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagii View Post
    "And you don't even need to play in order to get honor points, come on."
    You want to explain that one? If this was true, why wouldn't everyone play? Also, you still need a min to earn a medal.
    I think what he means is that you can just click "Single" and then do nothing else, come back later and click Single again if the match is over or otherwise wait a bit more. But you can be completely inactive and still earn Honor Points. And you earn Honor Points even if you lose the match.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    I think what he means is that you can just click "Single" and then do nothing else, come back later and click Single again if the match is over or otherwise wait a bit more. But you can be completely inactive and still earn Honor Points. And you earn Honor Points even if you lose the match.
    Can you earn enough that way to get one of the medals though?
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max