Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colosseum 2 Awards... Honor Points 10000

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

We used a dot, but around the middle of the height of the line, back in 5th grade(possibly 4th grade), to denote multiplication. That's probably because "x" could have been confused with the letter "x" which was quite common in equations.

Quote Originally Posted by didact View Post
    ...Why would I bring up ENGLISH language until you responded incorrectly and I had to SCHOOL you in it's use. I'm sorry you have failed miserably on the use of the English language and confused it with computer language.

This is the first time I read that someone from this forum try to SCHOOL BaTW. It is usually the other way around.

Joking aside, I am not sure how long you have play CA but many of us have accepted the fact that CA is full of flaws: bad coding, bad grammar, misspell texts, etc... And I think that is why BatW as well as some here have try to say to you that people have come to "decipher and accept" what CA write in their game really mean. Sometime the error is of minor misleading; other times it can be a huge misunderstanding.

In this case, the "x" notation, while might not be correctly use in certain region parts of the world, it is "understood" by many CA players what it really mean. Again, I am not justifying for CA or for anyone, rather may be you could take a step back and consider the other person view. BaTW has been accused of many things but in this case, I do not think he deserve the harsh language you dealt him.

Have nice day mate.
    Last edited by Dokkōdō; 07-01-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by didact View Post
    Yes, honor point should be correct usage as it doesn't say Trundles x 1, etc...
    To be fair though, it could also be argued that they used plural because they are giving out multiple of the item in question.

They only give one general opposed to ten thousand honor points.

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    Is the game not using computer language? Last time I checked, this game runs on some form of software.
    No, just no.

Do you really have to try and make things into something that they are not?

It was very clear from the get go that Didact was speaking about the content of a page that informs users of rewards earned from the event.

As such we aren't talking about an Excel formula, we aren't talking about computer code of any language, we are talking about a piece of text written in nothing more than plain English.

Given that you keep lecturing people on comprehension of the English language I'm going to assume that you -knew- this.

I'm also going to assume that you knew that Didact is in fact correct as you yourself insist that the use of asterix is generally for computer science uses.

Still you -chose- to try and twist the argument anyway.

I'm considering your behavior both trolling and gaslighting and I won't allow it.

Consider this a warning.

If I catch you busying nonsense like that again you can expect an infraction instead.
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 07-01-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkōdō View Post
    This is the first time I read that someone from this forum try to SCHOOL BaTW. It is usually the other way around.

Joking aside, I am not sure how long you have play CA but many of us have accepted the fact that CA is full of flaws: bad coding, bad grammar, misspell texts, etc... And I think that is why BatW as well as some here have try to say to you that people have come to "decipher and accept" what CA write in their game really mean. Sometime the error is of minor misleading; other times it can be a huge misunderstanding.

In this case, the "x" notation, while might not be correctly use in certain region parts of the world, it is "understood" by many CA players what it really mean. Again, I am not justifying for CA or for anyone, rather may be you could take a step back and consider the other person view. BaTW has been accused of many things but in this case, I do not think he deserve the harsh language you dealt him.

Have nice day mate.

I believe many have tried, and all have failed, this is indeed a fantastic presentation.

I totally agree with you, however, that this is a non-issue.
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post

If I catch you busying nonsense like that again
    Not to hijack but where does this phrasing come from?
    I find it remarkable and would like to know more. (completely serious)
    Come say hello FB link
    Web 3 Keep link

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
    #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    You know, I honestly have no clue if it is actually used in the English language like that.

Reading it again it does seem kind off odd grammatically speaking.

It's very possible that it's just my brain making automatic (rough) translations of Dutch phrases again. (Which doesn't happen too much despite Dutch being my native language.)

Although even in that case I'm not entirely sure if it isn't more of a dialect thing than anything else.

Still... I don't think that after reading it there is any doubt about what it means so maybe it actually is correct grammar?
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Blog Entries

Nope.

And since my post needs more characters, I will warn you all of the delicious, yet evil plague across this great nation.

The Double Grand McExtreme Bacon Burger and Cheesy Bacon Fries.
    ~VoV~

Blog Entries

Ok, so technically, the grammar is correct, insofar as the proper use of verb and noun placement. But it's still gibberish.

I do believe this is a time that the 'then' would be necessary, in the "if/then" continuum.

But this gobbly**** dies here and now. Stop trying to make fetch a thing. Fetch will never be a thing.
    Last edited by VersionsOfViolence; 07-02-2019 at 12:17 AM.
    ~VoV~

Blog Entries

And now I'm just left bewildered by the prior post's automated censorship. I knew I shoulda stayed the hell away from thia thread.
    ~VoV~

Quote Originally Posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    If I catch you busying nonsense like that again you can expect an infraction instead.
    ...blah blah b;ah....Still... I don't think that after reading it there is any doubt about what it means so maybe it actually is correct grammar?

I am not an native English speaker nor I am a grammar Nazi, but I do believe the sentence is missing a "with". It should may be read something like this:

If I catch you busying with nonsense like that again, then you can expect an infraction instead.

Perhaps, there is an English professor out there who can clarify.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.