Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I like being off topic

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

The indifference to whatever you guys are saying also extends to me
    Last edited by zserg; 06-12-2019 at 03:38 PM.

^^ Those who have power are not to be trusted.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

3. Default

Somehow I missed your post earlier but I noticed it today so here it is. My smacking you upside the head with facts which I'm sure you won't care about or will insist are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Batw View Post
    - Meetings with a North Korean nutcase named Kim Jong-un to solve the nuclear threats
    Which ended in North Korea telling the US to go screw themselves after making demands that the US knew were non starters but Trump was to stupid to recognize when his buddy Bolton gave him the memo about it.

Fun fact, shortly after the meeting some of the weapons testing sites were quickly rebuilt and at least some testing is assumed to have resumed.

- Dealing with massive illegal immigration in US and shoring up US’ southern borders
    While I generally agree that (most) illegals should be catapulted back over the border, -asylum seekers- are in no way or form illegals.

I know what you are going to say. Those that crossed the border illegally are illegal immigrants.

To that I say that -true- illegal immigrants will fade into society after illegally crossing the border and will -not- look for the nearest border guard to give themselves up and request asylum.

Do I approve of them crossing the border? No, but I do understand that there is a difference between them and true illegals.

If Trump (or any president for that matter) wanted to -truly- deal with the issue then deal with the source of the issue, the reason why people are coming here to begin with. Don't try to fight the symptom of people showing up at the border.

- Fighting for US Jobs by dealing with unfair trade deals
    Fighting how?

By imposing tariffs that won't phase companies who have foreign factories because they don't pay them, essentially resulting in a tax on the people of the US?

By causing our farmers to need billions in bailouts that -could- have gone to more important things such as our crumbling infrastructure? (You know, that thing he promised do spend billions on during his first campaign but has yet to really invest in?)

Perhaps by refusing to recognize that to deal with China (which btw -is- needed) you need to use the -global- markets and work together with your allies instead of insisting that globalism is evil and trying to do things alone and failing as a result? (China -owns- the US, almost quite literally.)

- Dealt with ISIS issue (remember how Obama screwed up that issue)
    I don't remember Obama screwing up. (Doesn't mean he didn't.)

I do remember Trump declaring victory, how many times again? Four?

Each time to have -his own- experts say that they weren't truly defeated yet. In fact, did anyone actually agree that now they -are- defeated?

So umm... yeah, no... good job man!

So what has the Democratics done during this period, or since day 1: undermined Pres. Trump because he beat Hillary.

I am not a Trump fan, it’s just I hate the Democratics more for not working with Trump who was elected to serve and lead the nation. The Democratics never gave Trump a chance to do his job. The Mueller investigation is over and the Democratics are still looking for a way to get at Trump.

Trump got the people interested in the election process again based on recent midterm election. Thanks to Trump, people realize they need to vote and get their voices heard and make public officials accountable for their actions.

We haves issues that galvanized us. We have issues that are deeply divisive. But, there was one constant: both sides working with each other to reach a solution. Now, we have Democratics being incredibly petty, vindictive and abusing Congressional powers. You cannot work with the Democratics because they an axe to grind.
    Has it ever occurred to you that maybe, just -maybe- the Dems seem to "have an axe to grind" because they are following the rules of engagement as the Reps laid them out?

For the past 8 years before Trump became president the Reps sat on their hands, refused to agree on anything that Obama wanted to do. In fact, Mitch McConnell literally said from the start that their job was to ensure that Obama got -nothing- done. On more than one occasion he called himself a "proud guardian of gridlock". With the most obnoxious thing he did being to refuse a hearing on Obama's SCOTUS nominee because it shouldn't be done in an election year. Of course now that Trump is in office it suddenly -should- be done and he explains it away by stating that it only applies when the majority and the president are of different parties. Sure, nice save, but I also haven't forgotten how he voted against a bill he sponsored because the Dems picked it up and ran with it.

For crying out loud, even after Trump won the very first thing they did was dredge up some obscure law that essentially allowed them to undo most of the last half year or so of Obama's presidency.

All of this.. it -all- happened before the Dems supposedly did -any- of the crap you mentioned. So if you want to point fingers, if you are so eager to blame someone, blame -both of the parties- for the mess we are in. Because you know what? Our problem isn't that the Dems are refusing to work with the Reps, because the Reps are just as unwilling to work with the Dems. No, the problem is that compromise is dead. It's seen as a weakness now and that attitude is what will tear this country apart at the seams if it isn't put to a halt!

You want the parties to work together again? You want them to actually get stuff done and stop finger pointing at "guilty" parties?

Then point that finger right back at yourself. Because you know what? In the end it's the voters who keep voting people like McConnell back into office time and time again.

You want things to change? Then get people to start voting people into office who -do- want to work with the other side and get to solutions that benefit the American people instead of companies or politicians.

(For the record, I despise both the Dems and Reps. I am of the belief that there is nothing wrong with being conservative or being liberal. But the two parties care -nothing- for the people. They care about personal and political gain only.)
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 06-12-2019 at 10:25 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Remember. All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.

Summary

One day, the pigs invite neighboring human farmers over to inspect Animal Farm. The farmers praise the pigs and express, in diplomatic language, their regret for past “misunderstandings.” The other animals, led by Clover, watch through a window as Mr. Pilkington and Napoleon toast each other, and Mr. Pilkington declares that the farmers share a problem with the pigs: “If you have your lower animals to contend with,” he says, “we have our lower classes!” Mr. Pilkington notes with appreciation that the pigs have found ways to make Animal Farm’s animals work harder and on less food than any other group of farm animals in the county. He adds that he looks forward to introducing these advances on his own farm.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.

Blog Entries

Can't you people keep the politics on Twitter where it belongs?
    ~VoV~

Default What have I done!

I thought I was on posting on twitter but it was Reditt.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rev Sim; 06-16-2019 at 12:25 AM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
    Can't you people keep the politics on Twitter where it belongs?
    Sorry man.

I generally don't get too political in here but if BATW starts spouting the kind of stupid like he did in here then I think it's almost someone's duty to smack that stupid with actual facts.

It's burns them don't know? The people spouting the stupid? Oh yes... it burns them.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
    Sorry man.

I generally don't get too political in here but if BATW starts spouting the kind of stupid like he did in here then I think it's almost someone's duty to smack that stupid with actual facts.

It's burns them don't know? The people spouting the stupid? Oh yes... it burns them.
    You can’t debate with people who lacks sufficient intelligence and also likes to debate using stupid opinions. Lord Reaper et al continues to debate opinions since 2014. I recall him trolling me non-stop for months.

Facts:

1) the size of ISIS controlled territory in Middle East is much smaller under President Trump than under Obama, respectively. It was no accident after Trump gave the green light to use the necessary military force that ISIS suddenly collapsed.

2) President Trump is the only American President to hold face to face dialogues (twice) with the Supreme Leader of North Korean. It didn’t happen with Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama.

I can list more facts but S Reaper likes to hear his own kind of stupid.

9. Default

1) the size of ISIS controlled territory in Middle East is much smaller under President Trump than under Obama, respectively. It was no accident after Trump gave the green light to use the necessary military force that ISIS suddenly collapsed.
    Go and read my post again. Not -anywhere- do I state that ISIS controlled territory is not smaller than it was under Obama. Nor do I argue about how that situation came to be.

I said that Trump fumbled on making a declaration of victory over ISIS. Not once, not twice, but at least three times, possibly -four- times. Each time to be contradicted by actual experts on the matter.

I would have to look it up to be sure but something tells me that ISIS -still- isn't "defeated", yet victory has been declared.

And since you like facts, here is a fun one for ya. Smaller ISIS controlled territory != ISIS is defeated.

2) President Trump is the only American President to hold face to face dialogues (twice) with the Supreme Leader of North Korean. It didn’t happen with Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama.
    Again, I didn't argue against that fact.

I stated that he fumbled that historic meeting by blatantly taking on a known non starter position (likely pushed by Bolton) causing NK to give us the middle finger not even a day into that meeting and restarting weapons testing shortly after the meeting was over.

See... what you are failing to grasp is that I'm not arguing against the actual good things that happened. I'm mentioning the bits that people who praise Trump are more than happy to leave out of the stories about those good things. you know, the bits that kind of sour those events. Generally the bits where Trump fumbles the good thing in question. Those bits. I'm mentioning them because they are -important-. You can't have just the good, you also have to accept the bad. Just as we have had to do with literally every other president before him. You can't just say "well, at least he tried". You have to also look at -why- things went bad. That is why those bits are so damned important. Because if there is a chance that the (wo)man who is currently in office, be it Trump or anyone else, is simply not qualified to do the job then the people need to know so that they can vote someone in that may be more qualified.

Quite honestly, I'm somewhat disappointed that you couldn't see what I was doing since I do quite respect your intelligence. But then again, I probably should have known that you wouldn't given that you were parroting FOX almost line for line while blaming a single party for the entire state of the country today.

Obviously just another Hilary supporter, throw him in jail like the rest of the whole Clinton Foundation ilk....
    ................................................................................

my balogna has a first name, it's.....