Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When do you need 2000 Energy ?

Quote Originally Posted by King Hrothbeort View Post
    I don't see any reason to have more than 1600 energy. Then equip Hyacinth when using full energy potions to get the full benefit. That's my general strategy when trading in essences.
    Yupz, I have 1400 and could add another 200. fully agree.
    All is not Law and Process, there is also Being and Consciousness. ..............

Quote Originally Posted by King Hrothbeort View Post
    I don't see any reason to have more than 1600 energy. Then equip Hyacinth when using full energy potions to get the full benefit. That's my general strategy when trading in essences.
    Yupz, I have 1400 and could add another 200. fully agree.
    All is not Law and Process, there is also Being and Consciousness. ..............

Quote Originally Posted by zserg View Post
    Re:your final point batw. That's very much true, but would you rather anchor your leveling speed at 5 days, or would you rather end up as some of the level 2-3 k people who need a couple of weeks to level without refills, because they stopped adding to lsi stats ?

Of course, it's all about priorities.
    Suppose we exam your 5 day anchor comment.

It might be 5 days for a week, a month, or even a few months. My point is once you are out of SP’s and can only get 5 SP per level up, that 5-day anchor will slip and eventually become 6 days (then 7 days, etc). And if you are leveling up every 5 days, the irony is you will reach a 6 day anchor at a fast pace. The paradox is by preserving your leveling speed, you will lose your 5 day anchor fast (or the slower you level up, the longer you maintain your anchor), other things being equal.

Separately, when I joined CA PVP builds wanted to level up as *slowly* as possible to maximize their BSI. It’s the same principle that I espoused earlier and PVP understood leveling up every 2 to 3 weeks was the price for high BSI. And if you don’t use any Energy or Stamina, you never level up and have insane BSI like my level 7 drones with 200 to 300+ BSI’s. My second point is you don’t have to level up.

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

Leveling speed can eventually stabilize, just need to add nearly all sp to en/stm

Leveling speed can eventually stabilize, just need to add nearly all sp to en/stm
    Even adding every SP gained to en/stm, levelling speed still slows.

My 'mini' is testament to this.
    | Some noob, noobing about. Chain me |
    | Keep Links | FaceBook or Web3 |
    | The Unicorn Gym |

as far away as possible from the rest of the world <_<
    Blog Entries

How slow is your mini leveling now ?

Takes a few days now to level. 5000+ energy, 2500+ stam, at level 1200+
    | Some noob, noobing about. Chain me |
    | Keep Links | FaceBook or Web3 |
    | The Unicorn Gym |

Went with 815 / 818 energy for several years, but it had a few drawbacks:

1) Since you rarely can finish quests with that, I ended up taking notes which quests I started. To avoid being like 50% in multiple quests... Annoying.

2) You can ramp up the health bar of a public monster once, maybe twice - but then you are stuck when you encounter yet another monster with a drained health bar.

3) Energy refills felt like a waste, so I never did them. Still sitting on 82 pots, hoping for interesting events to burn them.

Things became way more fun with 2099 energy. As a free player, I am not eager to roll specifically for Hyacinth - even rolling for Oblivion in general is not that convincing (Onslaught items give +4 attack, opposed to lousy +4 defense).

How slow is your mini leveling now ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger The Hutt View Post
    Takes a few days now to level. 5000+ energy, 2500+ stam, at level 1200+
    Monkey King and Layla can completely change this nowadays though.

A 5 stars MK gives you 12.5% more XP. Allied with a 3 stars Layla (+62.74% clone), that makes it 20.34% free XP.
    You can go back to leveling without waiting with highly leveled and promoted Layla and MK.

Though ofc if you're not a spender, it's hard to get these 2 heroes at those promotion levels.
    If you're a high LSI build, you can however get 2 Legendary chests each Meteorite event rather easily I believe.
    But the MK promos will make it so much easier, especially with the Promo Orbs for Layla.

I know a player who has a 4 stars Layla and soon to be 7 stars MK.
    That will give +29.57% free XP.
    MK (and Layla) can make an absolutely huge difference in leveling speed.
    Even a 1* Layla and 3* MK, or a 5* MK alone, give a very substantial boost already (+12.1-5% free XP).

Quote Originally Posted by gogoo View Post
    If you're a high LSI build, you can however get 2 Legendary chests each Meteorite event rather easily I believe.
    I would say it is unlikely. Getting 1 is more or less granted, but 2 is beyond free players unless you've been saving pots for a long time. I only placed 263 in last event with 4050ene/3500sta, a 2* level 79 Monkey King , 8 Full energy pots and around 15 Full stamina pots. Top75 was not only out of reach but clearly didn't deserve the effort (unless I knew for sure I would get 2 MK)