Thread: Green crystals drop chance in excavation

Default Green crystals drop chance in excavation

I would like you to share your opinion on this matter:

a) You get the same xx% chance whenever you collect in excavation, no matter how much energy you spent.
    Example: 15% chance collecting at level 1 and 15% chance collecting at level 3.

b) Your chances increase related to energy spent in excavation.
    Example: 15% chance collecting at level 1 and 30% chance collecting at level 2.

I only count on my experience and I am totally clueless, though common sense point towards amount of energy spent increasing chances.

From what I've read, it's the same 15% chance, no matter the level at which you collect.
    I found this thread about it (probably where I got this info in the first place): http://www.castleageforums.com/cforu...avation-quests

But I definitely think the chance should increase with each new excavation quest level. Proportionally to the energy spent, at least. It's annoying to have to give up on a better Essence/energy ratio in order to have a decent chance at a Green Crystal drop. It makes absolutely no sense.

Though if the chance were proportional to the energy spent, you'd have a 90% chance with 1800 energy spent when collecting at max level.
    But I don't think that would be an issue. With Stamina you can have a 15% chance every 120 stam - an almost guaranteed drop for 1800 Energy wouldn't be game-breaking at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Barathor View Post
    I would like you to share your opinion on this matter:

a) You get the same xx% chance whenever you collect in excavation, no matter how much energy you spent.
    Example: 15% chance collecting at level 1 and 15% chance collecting at level 3.

b) Your chances increase related to energy spent in excavation.
    Example: 15% chance collecting at level 1 and 30% chance collecting at level 2.

I only count on my experience and I am totally clueless, though common sense point towards amount of energy spent increasing chances.
    It takes 300 energy (ignoring MK effect) to get to level 1.

It takes 1,800 energy (ignoring MK effect) to get to level 4.

You get the same 15% chance at level 1 or level 4 (or level 2 or level 3).

So the question you need to ask is what is your objective? If you want to maximize green crystals drops, you get 6 chances at level 1 for the same energy or 1 chance for level 4, respectively.

The nice thing about getting green crystals from excavations is you can use energy ahead of time and just collect on Friday or Saturday. The corollary for stamina is to use huge 600 to 1,000 stamina hits before Friday and then baby hits like 10 stamina to maximize the drop rates. The catch here is the mob does not die too early.

In summary, you can plan how much energy and stamina ahead of time from Monday through Thursday to maximize your chances at green crystals.

With the top 100 in the daily monster leaderboard getting (red and) green crystals, you might want to hit mobs on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday (that is not part of an event) to land in the top 100.

Thanks both.

My goal is to get as many green crystals as fast as possible, no matter the other rewards so I'll collect on level 1 every time.

Regarding monster leaderboard, I can't work it on my own schedule: still need 27 Hunter mithrils and I am forced to hit whenever a Myst monster appears (and under certain limits). Once I am done with Hunter Path, maybe early October, I will make my move and focus on that leaderboard rewards.
    Last edited by Barathor; 06-06-2019 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Grammar fix

Blog Entries

The drop chance is fity fity. You either get it or you don't.
    ~VoV~