Thread: Special Lands

1. Default Special Lands

Maybe I'm late to the party, but I just went to catch my lands up for the first time in a long time and realized that I haven't seen the random rewards drop from the Special Lands (Elven Sanctum, Dwarven Mine) in a dog's age. Were the rewards shut off?

I think I still get my potions from time to time thanks to Elven Sanctum. Don't you see the bar below it? Is it full or close?

Regarding Dwarven Mine, it is hard to say. I don't pay attention
    Last edited by Barathor; 06-04-2019 at 01:31 AM.

3. Default

I do see the bar move, but the game used to put up a banner telling you that you'd received a potion. Maybe they just took the banner down.

There was also a banner from the Dwarves in the mine saying something like "I found you something..." etc. Never see that anymore either.

I also think I'm still getting Stam Potion. But the message saying you got one definitely disappeared long ago.

Idk whether it's the same for the rewards from the Dwarven Mines, but it should be easy to check.

Here are what drops (or at least used to drop) from it:
    • $200,000 payment
    • Serpentine Shield
    • Angelic Blessing
    • Castle Rampart
    • Hero's Resolve
    • Ancient Serpent Egg
    • Drake Helm

I think most of these items can only be obtained through Gifts (other than through Dwarven Mines):
    • Angelic Blessing
    • Castle Rampart
    • Hero's Resolve
    • Ancient Serpent Egg
    • Drake Helm

So you can check how many of each you currently own, and check again in a week or so to see if you still have the same number for all of them. And of course, don't open gifts containing those items in the meantime

---------------------

Some notes from the wiki:

https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Land#Notes

"The "Mystery Prize" that you can receive from the Dwarven Mine can be Gift items, fully assembled gift items (for example Serpentine Shield instead of a shield piece) or bonus gold. Note that you will only receive one gift for each time the Income box appears, which means being logged in once every hour will give you 24 chances, while logging in once a day will give you only one."

=> So the text boxes regarding stam potions and Dwarven Mine loot probably disappeared when the income box stopped appearing. Maybe it happened when the Territories were introduced and replaced Lands (March 2014).

"You won't always get a "Mystery Prize" every hour. When this happens, you'll see a message such as: "Dwarven Miner - I found a nice (prize) for ye, but I was ambushed by a Goblin in the mine. Lil rascal made away with it...", or "Dwarven Miner - I found a nice (prize) for ye, but I was ambushed by a Shadow Cat in the mine. Lil rascal made away with it...""
    Last edited by gogoo; 06-04-2019 at 11:09 AM.

5. Default

Thanks, gogoo. I'll keep an eye on the numbers. That's crazy that the banners vanished in 2014 and I've only just noticed. =\ I thought I was observant. LOL
    Last edited by mauricexalvarez; 06-04-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mauricexalvarez View Post
    Thanks, gogoo. I'll keep an eye on the numbers. That's crazy that the banners vanished in 2014 and I've only just noticed. =\ I thought I was observant. LOL
    Np

Well 2014 is just a guess based on when Territories were introduced.
    But it's definitely been ages since I haven't seen those text banners. I also wondered about it a few months back actually.

Some time ago, more than a year definitely someone confirmed the notification was shut off, but we still receive those items, don't ask me who or when cuz my memory sucks, maybe someone can look for the thread....

8. Default

I may be mistaken, but I think I noticed that it quit displaying when we started getting the daily roll